• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire, Part III, The Lich's Curse

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Hmm, are we reading the same spell?

Invisibility Sphere :: d20srd.org

By my reading once somebody has attacked or left the sphere the spell is over for them. Duration is 1 minute/level and only about 6 rounds have passed, so you've got plenty of time, but I don't think it will help anyone but Gnurl, who can't leave the sphere since it is centered on him. H'Roosh is in fact now within the area of the spell, but since he 'pounded the pup' earlier.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Initiative

Radoon 23
Bat Swarms 12
Zurrik 7
H'Roosh 5
Gnurl 4

Geoffrey?

The mysterious creatures approaching turn out to be two swarms of bats. The swarms buzz the possitions of Zurrik and Radoon (2 points of damage each from bat bites and take an attack off opportunity against the swarms as well) before moving toward the others.

[sblock=Zurrik and Radoon]The numerous tiny bat bites continue to bleed and you'll need a cure spell or heal check DC10 or take one point of damage per round.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Stand the master arrives.xls
    19 KB · Views: 131
  • beach graphic.jpg
    beach graphic.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 67
  • bats.gif
    bats.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 124

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil 40/54 (max66) AC 25/T15/FF22 Con 12/14

As the bat swarm surrounds him, Zurrik lashes out with Warlock's Edge. The sword slashes through the swarm, brushing against bats left and right, releasing the eldritch energy held in the blade, showering the bat swarm.

[sblock=OOC and rolls]
bat swarm damage: Zurrik is currently DR 1/cold iron + DR 1/-. The swarm did 2 damage, but 2-2=0. No damage. With no damage comes no continuing effects. See Damage Reduction here

Warlock's Edge +10 d10+4 19-20/x2 with Hideous Blow 7d6 [Sickening Blast (DC 14, FortNeg, sickened 1 min; L2)]

Attack Roll: 29
Damage if a 29 hits: 22 All energy damage from Hideous Blow

Uses left of Least Iron Ward Diamond 7/10 for the day after the bat swarm attack
Uses left of Lesser Crystal of Lifedrinking 10/10 for the day.
Use left of Third Eye Crystal 1/1 for the day.

Zurrik is currently DR 1/cold iron + DR 1/-
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Hmm, are we reading the same spell?
Invisibility Sphere :: d20srd.org
By my reading once somebody has attacked or left the sphere the spell is over for them. Duration is 1 minute/level and only about 6 rounds have passed, so you've got plenty of time, but I don't think it will help anyone but Gnurl, who can't leave the sphere since it is centered on him. H'Roosh is in fact now within the area of the spell, but since he 'pounded the pup' earlier.
OOC: No, we're not reading the same spell -- I cast IMPROVED Invisibility Sphere! And the reason you can't find it in the book is because it's in the School of Illusion book, a d20 book by Fantasy Flight Games released under their Legends & Lairs label. If you'll remember wayyy back, you approved the book when I asked about it after I first got it a few years back. :) But we should all still be invisible, attacking or not. And we can see each other, too!

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
As the bat swarm surrounds him, Zurrik lashes out with Warlock's Edge. The sword slashes through the swarm, releasing the eldritch energy held in the blade, showering the bat swarm.

OOC: Need a ruling on this attack. Even if ruled against, Zurrik will attempt to use Eldritch Blast as the AoO.

[sblock=OOC and rolls]
bat swarm damage: Zurrik is currently DR 1/cold iron + DR 1/-. The swarm did 2 damage, but 2-2=0. No damage. With no damage comes no continuing effects. See Damage Reduction here

Warlock's Edge +10 d10+4 19-20/x2 with Hideous Blow 7d6 [Sickening Blast (DC 14, FortNeg, sickened 1 min; L2)]

Attack Roll: 29
Damage if a 29 hits: 22 All energy damage from Hideous Blow

Uses left of Least Iron Ward Diamond 7/10 for the day after the bat swarm attack
Uses left of Lesser Crystal of Lifedrinking 10/10 for the day.
Use left of Third Eye Crystal 1/1 for the day.

Zurrik is currently DR 1/cold iron + DR 1/-
[/sblock]

OOC: You are correct, the DR will apply and thus protect you from the ongoing damage.

Scotley

Hero
No, we're not reading the same spell -- I cast IMPROVED Invisibility Sphere! And the reason you can't find it in the book is because it's in the School of Illusion book, a d20 book by Fantasy Flight Games released under their Legends & Lairs label. If you'll remember wayyy back, you approved the book when I asked about it after I first got it a few years back. :) But we should all still be invisible, attacking or not. And we can see each other, too!

OOC: I do remember approving said book. I'll give it a look. The bad news is that bat swarms have blind sense. The good news is that other foes may not.

Scotley

Hero
As the swarm moves over Zurrik his arcane power blasts the bats killing many and causing the swarm to break up. The bats scatter to the four winds though the other swarm continues on.

J. Alexander

First Post
Winging It

As the swarm hits, Geoffrey will quitley say to those around him.."I will try and focus their attention on me....this may allow you to hit a weak spot"

Geoffrey will then raise his voice loudly in prayer and charge the wards around him in the party in an attempt to give the impression he is working ritual magic to combat them

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling hp73/76,AC23 currently Gnurl is the center of a Gtr Invis Sphr

Still invisible and with his back to a tree (where hopefully, he'll be at least somewhat secure from swarm attacks?), Gnurl will intently scan the trees and open space in the direction from which the swarms came, waiting for the appearance of the masters of the swarms. Gnurl prepares a spell to properly welcome these masters, as well!

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Can you actually hit a swarm, or a bat within the swarm? I know you can't damage one with melee, but as long as he can make contact H'Roosh might be able to do something . . .[/sblock]

Remove ads