• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is'Merith - Campaign Thread

Matthan

Explorer
Daedarai keeps the arrow trained on the surface of the water where the creature submerged while scanning the area. "I don't believe I've ever complimented you on the wisdom of your people, Alejandro. Please lead the way."

With carefully measured steps, he begins to walk backwards following Alejandro towards higher ground.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Mina had not said a word since their journey started- she was still too deep in thought about all of the recent revelations. With her veil masking most of her face, she seemed impassive, betraying little emotion to the untrained eye. But to those who knew her, the signs were there- the occasional sideways flicker of her gaze, the fingers clenching in the sleeves of her robe- she was disturbed by some of what they saw, and she was trying desperately to hide it...

She continued to follow along with the others through the tunnels- it was, perhaps, the shriek of that strange creature which seemed to break through her fugue. She finally slid her bow out of its case as she moved back. "What WAS that thing? Are there likely to be more of them?" In her mind, she equated the beast's glowing eyes with the sand goblins, and remembered how those creatures had poured forth in a teeming crowd...

Sezarious

Explorer
The party moves up above the stairwell and the footsteps continue. But this time they are complemented by further screeching, then a slow scratching against the walls near where the staircase turns 180 degrees to lead back into the tunnels.

The scratching comes again from the other side, as if the creatures are attempting to.... Flush the party out? Or maybe contain them.

Further more. There is something that the party can hear, but can't quite make it out.... It's a whisper, "hsh-----by-------rd---------rd-----ri----"

[sblock=Mechanics]. For those who wish, you may attempt a perception role.....[/sblock]

Sezarious

Explorer
"Hush little baby, Don't you cry, Mommas gonna make all your blood run dry." The scratchy whisper echoes, then even fainter, Mina and Daedarai hear something further... But what is it [sblock=OOC]Will wait on TGG for his as it may be relevant...[/sblock]

Sezarious

Explorer
[ooc=Shen and Isaac Perception]

Shen _: 1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5

Isaac _: -D20-1 = --1 = 1

I diiiid.... Not role well for them with this one. Sorry guys :/.[/sblock]

As the party listen, Alejandro, Mina and Daedarai make out the last words of the song. "Hurry sister here i stand, coming from beihind will be oh so grand. With that, those three mentioned suddenly notice a small hole in the wall through with they spy a set of razor-like teeth, then a hideous eye.

They spin around to see one of the creatures just make its way around the corner on the other side, hideous, nay, repulsive in appearance! Roll initiative...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads