• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

its a matter of taste, but..mystara or greyhawk?

Klaus

First Post
rossik said:
thanks for all the replys

one more question: the one with spanish names for some places is mystara?
Yep.

Those Spanish (and Portuguese) places are more often found in the Red Steel sub-setting, specially the Savage Baronies (two of which speak "Portuguese", one "English" and the rest "Spanish").

smootrk

First Post
I will say again, Red Steel (sub-setting) is awesome...

... lots of cool flavor that you don't find in any other setting that I am aware of. Actually cool catfolk, dog-men, a magical plague or condition, spanish/portugese/new-world-ish flavor sprinkled throughout. Very interesting stuff.

rossik

Explorer
Klaus said:
Yep.

Those Spanish (and Portuguese) places are more often found in the Red Steel sub-setting, specially the Savage Baronies (two of which speak "Portuguese", one "English" and the rest "Spanish").

thanks klaus!

i just bought 10 dragon magazines (around number 170 or so) and in one of them, in the princess ark part, theres a map with lots of spanish names (havent seen a portuguese one (is there a "january river ?^^))

rossik

Explorer
smootrk said:
I will say again, Red Steel (sub-setting) is awesome...

... lots of cool flavor that you don't find in any other setting that I am aware of. Actually cool catfolk, dog-men, a magical plague or condition, spanish/portugese/new-world-ish flavor sprinkled throughout. Very interesting stuff.

this is very funny...

maybe people who talks english find nice to have a place with a "not in english" name.

i find the opposite, i dont like much things in portuguese, like "reinos esquecidos" (forgotten realms)

Klaus

First Post
rossik said:
thanks klaus!

i just bought 10 dragon magazines (around number 170 or so) and in one of them, in the princess ark part, theres a map with lots of spanish names (havent seen a portuguese one (is there a "january river ?^^))
Look for Rocha dos Gatos (not a Thundercats reference), among others.

s.j. bagley

First Post
i also tend to find mystara a bit campy, but i think it works for it.
and i also tend to think that 'the keep on the borderlands' is a bit campy, too, so i would say it's a gloriously campy fit.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads