D&D General It's Time For D&D Lego!

Lego Ideas has announced a Dungeons & Dragon challenge. The contest is timed to coincide with D&D 50th anniversary, and allows fans to submit LEGO builds. The winning entry later becomes official LEGO sets, with the winner getting 1% of the total net sales of the product. https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/e080b760-93c0-410d-bd49-5fc32726de9c Previous...

Lego Ideas has announced a Dungeons & Dragon challenge. The contest is timed to coincide with D&D 50th anniversary, and allows fans to submit LEGO builds. The winning entry later becomes official LEGO sets, with the winner getting 1% of the total net sales of the product.

C233B276-4F25-4F9A-B7C9-F8C065F3A7D0.jpeg

Previous LEGO IDEAS sets have included the themed sets like PIrates, Castles, or Space, plus specific brands like The Rolling Stones, Star Wars, Harry Potter, and more.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Looks like they've narrowed it down to 5 sets according to this Lego blog post. The mimic is probably the most interesting to me, then probably the Dragon's Keep set.
The mimic is pretty good, although way too detailed (and grim) for Lego to actually release. If they pick it, it'll be a lot less scary.

Honestly, I'd be happy if they just brought back a few of their classic medieval sets, put in a few caster mini-figs and a monster or two in each and called it a day. A dungeon complex in that same style -- the Homlett Moathouse would be an ideal size and work well with existing bricks -- would be the icing on the cake.

Looks like they've narrowed it down to 5 sets according to this Lego blog post. The mimic is probably the most interesting to me, then probably the Dragon's Keep set.
Monster Manual is... not useable as more than a bookcase piece. So no.
Xanathar is fun, but not sure it has much usability.
Mimic is cool. I don't see it as too detailed. But it does seem like it is too big for a minifig scale.
Tiamats tower looks cool, but really too busy.
Dragon's Keep is pretty awesome. Not sure the dragon is very usable as is, but the whole set seems like the best collection of bricks and has a fun story to tell. But it's a lot of bricks, going to be expensive.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads