IVV1: The Forgotten Map [orsal judging]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC it pains me to make this announcement:

literaly, it pains me. i have recently injured one of my fingers and typing is quite the exercise of endurence. give me a couple more days and i will be back to posting. if you are wondering what happend, just imagine what you get when you place your pinky between a piece of conduit and the bender and bend the conduit ... i will let your imagination work now.

Scott DeWar

"Oskar, you said you detected evil from those men, right? I am not susre i would want to trust this Scrate. as for being upside down, what if the map were reversed, what we see as sea is supposed to dry land?"

]ooc[sure wish there was a post with this map on it!]/ooc[

edit; spelling and grammer errors...ooops

Last edited:

Gobletchica

First Post
Scott DeWar said:
"Oskar, you said you detected evil from those men, right? I am not susre i would want to trust this Scrate. as for being upside down, what if the map were reversed, what we see as sea is supposed to dry land?"

]ooc[sure wish there was a post with this map on it!]/ooc[

edit; spelling and grammer errors...ooops
"Karl that is an excellent idea." Dianna responds in agreement.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"Well, I can't say that dealing with Scrate is a good idea on any account, but that is just me. Do as you need to, and many thanks to your good and kind help throughout the day. I don't know if you would want to stay here for the evening, or locate Scrate now. He does much of his business at night, as you might suspect. Let me know, and I'll get you some blankets for the floor downstairs if that's acceptable."

Possum can confirm that the map--even by flipping the land and the sea, making high low and low high--would not conform to the way the world looks at this time. In fact, if the lands were flipped, then there might be a problem with the Elemental Pillars.

All in all, any further understanding of the map is beyond the party's present expertise.

jaker2003

Explorer
Oskar returns his attention to Halina, "If Scrate is so dangerous, then perhaps we should stay a the Red Dragon Inn tonight. If his goons make an attempt at the map, they'll have to get past a tavern room full of adventurers, Joe, and his bouncer.
I don't see a way around working with Scrate. We do not seem to have the resources to unravel this puzzle on our own. My primary concern is what he would require of us in return for his . . . 'service'.
"

Scott DeWar

Karl Scratches his head trying to make sense of the puzzeling map, and try as he might, nothing formulates to a logical explaination. he shakes his head in surrender

jaker2003 said:
Oskar returns his attention to Halina, "If Scrate is so dangerous, then perhaps we should stay a the Red Dragon Inn tonight. If his goons make an attempt at the map, they'll have to get past a tavern room full of adventurers, Joe, and his bouncer.
I don't see a way around working with Scrate. We do not seem to have the resources to unravel this puzzle on our own. My primary concern is what he would require of us in return for his . . . 'service'.
"

"Even though I, and I am sure others, object to having to deal with such a shady character, the existance of any other option seems to not be making itself known at this time. Moving back to the Inn is an excellent idea as i trust your insight very well and trust this Scrate's goons as far as i can comfortable spit a rat ... and i can not spit a rat, much less comfortably."

Having said his piece the explorer stands and starts to gather his belongings to travel back to the RDI. If any other needs help carrieing anything he will do so happily.

thegreyman

First Post
Lily quickly agrees to go along with the group

Lily's rat on the other hand tries to make it's views plain on any plan to spit rats. Which is, of course, Don't try.

ooc: I don't see anything else we can do either. I'll tag along on either the Scrate group or the stay in the inn group. Tomorrow, I might even be able to be persuasive... aka charm person

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
(OOC: At this point, Barask's player hasn't logged into ENWorld since early March... I think I'm going to just edit him out. Would there be a problem with this?)

"Great Mother bless you all for all you have done today. Have a quick trip back to the Red Dragon and may your travels carry you safely." Halina smiles, and reflexively looks around. "Do you have your coats? Oh, of course you do, sorry, just a habit. You will always be welcome here, remember that."

As the party leaves the temple, Halina turns and hisses, "Rhianna! Morlan! You're supposed to be in bed! Go!"

* * *​

Outside the temple, the air grows crisp as night falls. The group starts back the way they came, along the wharf, where a new pile of crates have been piled up, nearly blocking the walkway. A pair of large half-orcs emerge from an alley behind the party.

"Oi, you're the group with the map, yeh? Give it here."

jaker2003

Explorer
Oskar turns to face the two orc-blooded humanoids. "We have no intentions of relinquishing any of our belongings to you without good reason." Oskar absent-mindedly drums his fingers on the head of his warhammer as he addresses the half-orcs.

OOC: DETECT EVIL

"In other words" Vindala says plainly, with almost undetected humor "why should we?"
She scans the two, looking for anything suspicious, her expression hostile yet restrained.

Remove ads