IVV1: The Forgotten Map [orsal judging]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
The vagrant answers Oskar. "Why, the good merchant Scrate, of course. He's a purveyor of magical components. You can't get fresher eye of newt from him."

[sblock=Oskar]
The vagrants are evil. Vaxson is not.
[/sblock]

Karl, Dianna, and Possum head toward the boardwalk, closer to the other two men, but still with a larger space to maneuver around in. The two on the boardwalk stand in the way to get off.

"Now," the man with the puffer fish says to Oskar, "We would like to offer our patron's services to you. We understand that you have a map that needs translating. Scrate's a well-versed man, and no stranger either to magic, to languages, or to mysteries. I'm sure he'd be a most helpful person for you to know. He also always has a need of intrepid sorts, dedicated to brave deeds. I'm sure you and he could come to some arrangement."
 
Vindala responds calmly "Personally I think we will consider and let you know, hasty thinking tends to lead to mistakes" and waits for the groups respond.
 

thegreyman

Visitor
Blinking rapidly, Lily glances back and forth between the bravos and Oskar. Clearly confused by what is going on, she attempts to stay behind Oskar, only occasionally leaning out to see what is happening.
 

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Karl Rutherford:

The rogue is using his perifreal(sp?) vision to scout out an oppertunity to hide, but soon realizes that the two on the pier were not playing this game. In fact, the game rules had just changed with the conversation with Oskar. He is preparing by flexing his sholders and hands to prepare for an upfront fight...his least favorite kind.
 

jaker2003

Explorer
Oskar doesn't take his eyes off the two men, "I agree. My five partners and I began this enterprise together, and we will need to thuroughly discuss any important decision.

As far as the translation, arrangements and promises have been made. We will certainly keep your patron, 'the good merchant Scrate' in mind, though; we may as yet have need of his services. I expect a great riddle must be solved before we can squeeze a single coin from our endeavor. Your patron sounds like the sort of clever man we would need.

I imagine your patron is a very busy man, please tell him that I humbly thank him for his consideration and magnanimous offer.
"

Diplomacy (peacefully accept my answer) (1d20+8=28) Uber Sweet! I rolled a natural 20!

OOC: Peripheral vision
 
Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
The vagrant blinks. "Yes, do think about our offer. Meet us down the wharf, at the Alchemist and Taggit. He'll be happy to meet with you there."

With a satisfied grasp at the puffer's bowl, the men head back to the boardwalk. The men at the mouth of the pier step aside, letting everyone pass unhindered.
 

thegreyman

Visitor
ooc: Wow, and here I thought we we're gonna have a fun encounter with people getting pushed off piers and having swim checks. Darn! I guess I won't get to flaunt my -1 on swimming... (although I think those in metal armor might be happier...)
 

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
(OOC: It certainly could have escalated. But, cool heads and talking folks down made it not happen. So, 100 XP for everyone for defusing the situation.)
 

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Karl blinks a couple of times while watching the retreating backs of the guys who seeming ly moments ago were picking for a fight...he looks to oskar and then back at the neferious fellos and then blinks again.

"What jsut happend there? I was looking at a fight of the worst kind...now we are actually parting in almost good company...noice job oskar." he remains standing still a bit stunned until the smell of fish reaches his nostrols.

"Uh, we had better get that bucket to the temple. did we pass any veggie carts along the way? i would like to get some thing for them.

]ooc[ wow, i have NEVER seen anything like that berof! ]/ooc[

S.D.
 

jaker2003

Explorer
Oskar turns back to the group, "Thank you for the compliment, Karl. I didn't want to start a fight in town, too many innocent people could be injured; and we might even have beeen arrested by the local constables.

Before we do anything else, can everyone tell the group what we know about 'the good merchant Scrate'?
" Knowledge (local) (untrained) (1d20+1=6)
"All I really know about him is that those two men were evil, as confirmed by the insight given to me by Azwan."
OOC: With all 6 of us rolling dice, surely one of us will know more than what the 'vagrants' provided.
 
InVinoVeritas said:
(OOC: It certainly could have escalated. But, cool heads and talking folks down made it not happen. So, 100 XP for everyone for defusing the situation.)
OOC: How do I put the xp on my character sheet? Also Dianna doesn't have any Knowledge skills so she can't help there.
 

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Gobletchica said:
OOC: How do I put the xp on my character sheet? Also Dianna doesn't have any Knowledge skills so she can't help there.

you should be able to click on the edit button and make any changes on you character sheet...that is how i do it, and then i make a notationat the bottom of the sheet.

Tetsubo
 

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Lily and Dianna, not being local, know nothing about Scrate.

Oskar, likewise, does not associate with evil, and would know nothing of such an individual who would hire such nefarious henchmen.

Karl thinks he might have heard the name Scrate at some point in connection with the harbor, but that's all he knows.

The party head back toward the temple, passing by a vegetable cart.

(Anything anyone wants to do before returning to the temple?)
 

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Karl has a mement of charity as he sees the cart of vedgies come into view. he speaks with the merchant and chooses items for a total of 1 gold piece of food for the temple moms touse in cooking.

(noted loss of 1 gp on character sheet)
 

Advertisement

Top