log in or register to remove this ad

 

IVV1: The Forgotten Map [orsal judging]

thegreyman

First Post
Ac 15, Hp 4

Lily looks around quickly trying to see if anyone else is in the area. She also tries to put Oskar between her and the big half-orcs.

ooc: Lily Spot (1d20+3=14)
[sblock=Spells Prepared]Spell Save DC: 13 + spell level

0th (3 per day)
Acid Splash
Mage Hand
Mend

1st (1+1 per day)
Sleep
Cause Fear[/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad


Wik

First Post
Possum offers a small grin to the half-orcs, but doesn't say anything. She does her best to hide from view, to act when needed. Hide check (1d20+10=11)

Of course, she happens to trip over something, and pretty much stands out like a sore thumb.

(You and me both, Scott!)
 


InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
One of the brutes looks at Oskar in confusion. The other just slaps him in the back and growls at Vindala, and replies simply, "Or we'll kill ya!" He raises his fist in threat, moonlight scattering off the spikes of his gauntlet. The first ruffian laughs as Possum trips. (And yes, Oskar, they detect as evil.)

Vindala notes a beggar hiding in the corner of the alleyway, trying to remain covered by garbage.
 
Last edited:

jaker2003

Explorer
Oskar pulls the warhammer from his belt and secures his shield, "I offer now this chance for you to withdraw without harm, before you are left bleeding to death on the wharf."

OOC: READY ACTION: If they draw weapons, Oskar will move toward them, looking for all the world like a thick, metal hurdle.
if combat erupts, Oskar would strike out at the one that looks bigger than the other when his chance comes.
Initiative; Warhammer attack roll; Warhammer damage (1d20+1=17, 1d20+2=21, 1d8+1=2)
huh. I shoulda' used the shortsword, that would have critted on 19.
[sblock=Oskar Stat Reference]
Code:
Str: 12 +1 ( 4p.)     Level: Pal1     XP: 100
Dex: 12 +1 ( 4p.)     BAB: +1         HP: 12 (1d10+2)
Con: 14 +2 ( 4p.)     Grapple: +2     Dmg Red: XX/XXXX
Int: 12 +1 ( 4p.)     Speed: 20'      Spell Res: XX
Wis: 12 +1 ( 4p.)     Init: +1        Spell Save: +1
Cha: 14 +2 (10p.)     ACP: -5         Spell Fail: XX%
Note that the Con and Cha have been adjusted.
                   Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total
Armor:              10    +5    +2    +1    +0    +0    +0    18
Touch: 11              Flatfooted: 17
+4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against giants

                          Base   Mod  Misc  Total
Fort:                       2    +2          +4
Ref:                        0    +1          +1
Will:                       0    +1          +1
+2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison. 
+2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects.

Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical
Warhammer (primary)       +2     1d8+1       20x3
Shortsword (back-up)      +2     1d6+1      19-20x2
Longspear (tertiary)      +2     1d8+1       20x3
Unarmed strike            +2     1d3+1 (s)   20x2 
+1 racial bonus on attack rolls against orcs and goblinoids.
[/sblock]
 

thegreyman

First Post
Ac 15, Hp 4

Lily begins to chant quietly under her breath once killing is mentioned. She urges the big lugs to just go to sleep...

ooc: Lily don't mind being the first to throw a spell... Init (1d20+3=4) wow... maybe I won't be... Casting sleep centered on the two big lugs. If the get into melee, Cause fear on one instead.
[sblock=Spells Prepared]Spell Save DC: 13 + spell level

0th (3 per day)
Acid Splash
Mage Hand
Mend


1st (1+1 per day)
Sleep
Cause Fear[/sblock]
 

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
] ooc [ yummmm, battle! ] /ooc [

Karl is now aware that the map is going to draw some attention, so the recent arrival shouldn't suprise him too much

Inititive:
inititive (1d20+2=19)

(wow, hope my luck keeps up!)

he will try to manuver to get a flanked bow shot
Feats: point blank shot, precise shot

]ooc[ if there is battle and i am slow to get on line, here is combat information: ]/ooc[

attack, dam, sneak attack (1d20+5=19, 1d6+1=2, 1d6=3)


if he getts no flanking then the attack will be 17 and damage is only 2
 

Gobletchica

First Post
InVinoVeritas said:
One of the brutes looks at Oskar in confusion. The other just slaps him in the back and growls at Vindala, and replies simply, "Or we'll kill ya!" He raises his fist in threat, moonlight scattering off the spikes of his gauntlet. The first ruffian laughs as Possum trips. (And yes, Oskar, they detect as evil.)

Vindala notes a beggar hiding in the corner of the alleyway, trying to remain covered by garbage.
Dianna glares at the brute who growled at Vindala. Her spiked chain seemed to flow into her hand as she slipped into a fighting stance. She carefully watches the entire situation.

OOC: she will try to take out the more aggressive one if possible. I've never rolled dice before so I really hope this is right.
Inititive:
Inititive; (2d20+2=14)BBCode Inititive +2 (2d20=14)
 
Last edited:

thegreyman

First Post
ooc: I'll be MIA until sunday, but Lily should be easy to NPC through this combat. Sleep, then cause fear. Run if anything gets close. :D
 

vindala glares at the two peacefully and then in a sudden movement turns in to a crazed fighting stance, turning her hands into sharp claws, and runs forward in attack.

ooc: if one of the men stay awake she attacks him(if both resisted then the one that threatened her). also she manifests claws of the beast and if she can charge then she does. inituative: 1d20+2=21
attack add 2 to attack if she can charge 1d20+3=15, 1d20+3=4
damage 1d4+3=5,1d4+3=7

status:
hit points 9/9
power points 0/1
focused

edit: oh yeah she does not perform any action until someone else commits a hostile action
 
Last edited:

Wik

First Post
At the first sign of trouble, Possum will duck behind whatver cover is necessary and start casting Summon Monster I, to summon Aurustes, the loyal dog of Wanderer Griffin, first Free Wanderer of Uncle Spider. The dog, a Border Collie with silver and black fur, is said to have a bark that freezes wrong-doers in their tracks.

OOC: In other words, summoning a Celestial Dog.

Initiative for Possum (1d20+3=13)

[sblock=status]
HP: 12/12
Spells Memorized
0th: Detect Magic, Light, Mending, Guidance
1st: Magic Stone, Magic Weapon, Summon Monster I (Longstrider)
[/sblock]
 

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
The thug with the upraised gauntlet leaps at Oskar, throwing a meaty arm at him. At first, it looks like the swing would go wide, giving Oskar an opening, but the brute is clearly skilled as he sweeps a leg under Oskar's chest and lifts the dwarf off the ground! (Oskar is grappling, takes 7 damage)

This is all the hostility Vindala needs to set her off. She takes the opportunity to leap at the brawler, managing to scratch him ferociously (-5 damage).

Karl sees the opportunity to strike at the laughing half-orc, and does! (-5 damage. Note that ranged attackers CANNOT FLANK. However, the second half-orc was flat-footed.)

Oskar tries to pull free from his attacker's grasp, but the oaf clearly does this sort of thing for a living, and he remains in the grapple.

Dianna pulls out her chain and lashes at Oskar's attacker. The half-orc, while fast, cannot get out of the way and hold onto the squirming dwarf at the same time. 1d20+2=12, 2d4+1=5 (-5 damage).

Possum ducks and starts praying.

The laughing orc stops to pull the arrow out of his midsection, turns to Karl, and leaps at him! In one fell swoop, he punches Karl senseless! (7 damage to Karl).

Lily tosses a spell at the one that just felled Karl, who promptly falls asleep.

(Next round...)

"Know what?" the grappling half-orc proclaims. "I ain't never seen a dwarf swim before!" He drags Oskar over to the wharf's edge. "Swim, Beardy! Swim!" He drops Oskar into the water.
 

vindala, her hands still claws, strikes at the awake half orc grappling(well no longer grappling i guess) oskar.

ooc: so i didn't get if he moved or not but if he did its one attack and if not its two
attack: 1d20+3=12, 1d20+3=23
in case of two attacks conformation roll: 1d20+3=20
damage: double second if critical, and if i get it at all 1d4+3=6, 1d4+3=5

status:
hit points 9/9
power points 0/1
focused
 

Wik

First Post
Aurustes, Possum's summoned dog, leaps out of a cloud of quicksilver and lands behind the thug that is grappling Oskar. It makes a smite evil attack, and lets out a ghostly howl.

Smite Evil attack (1 extra point of damage) (1d20+4=15, 1d4+2=3)

While this is happening, Possum streaks over to Karl, and crouches down beside him, drawing her new wand of healing as she moves. She instantly touches Karl with it, and brings him back. She smiles, and grunts "this thing is paying for itself!" (heals five points of damage)

Cure Light Wounds Wand on Karl (1d8+1=5)

[sblock=status]

HP: 12/12
Spells Memorized
0th: Detect Magic, Light, Mending, Guidance
1st: Magic Stone, Magic Weapon, Summon Monster I (Longstrider)
[/sblock]
 



Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC:i have had computer problems all week and am trying to get it fixed. i recently have been given permission to use the one i am on now and will be trying to stay caught up.

s.d.

Ic:

Karl is not trained in direct combat and as he shoots the arrow he is caught off guard by the thug's felling blow. stars in pitch blackness is all he sees for what seems like an eternity but the blackness changes to gray fog that clears to the sight of the smilling halfling, possum. She smiles, and grunts "this thing is paying for itself!", which brings a smile and gravelly "thanks very much" from the prone rouge.

(in case there is trouble with my computer use here is his next action: )
Standard action: stand up
move action; 5 foot step back, but in a direction to shield possum from any attack.
 

thegreyman

First Post
Pleased at the success of her last spell, Lily casts a quick spell and starts barking like a dog. The effect is more comical than scary, as the snarling face and high pitched yapping she produces probably won't Cause Fear as much as she may like.

ooc: Cause fear on non-sleeping orc Will DC 14 [sblock=Failed: Panicked 1d4 rounds]Panicked: A panicked creature must drop anything it holds and flee at top speed from the source of its fear, as well as any other dangers it encounters, along a random path. It can’t take any other actions. In addition, the creature takes a –2 penalty on all saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. If cornered, a panicked creature cowers and does not attack, typically using the total defense action in combat. A panicked creature can use special abilities, including spells, to flee; indeed, the creature must use such means if they are the only way to escape.
Panicked is a more extreme state of fear than shaken or frightened.
[/sblock][sblock=Saved: Shaken 1 round]Shaken: A shaken character takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.
Shaken is a less severe state of fear than frightened or panicked.
[/sblock][sblock=Spells Prepared]Spell Save DC: 13 + spell level

0th (3 per day)
Acid Splash
Mage Hand
Mend


1st (1+1 per day)
Sleep
Cause Fear
[/sblock]
 

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
(OOC: I sincerely apologize for not being online for over a week. Work has been brutal as of late.)

Vindala brutally eviscerates the brawler, leaving him in a terribly weakened state. Possum's dog takes hold of something squishy and finished him off.

Oskar desperately scrambles to grab a hold of the pier, as he feels the weight of his armor drag him down into the depths. He scrapes against a pier post, holding his breath and trying to grasp for a handhold. He thinks he has it for a moment, but his hand slips on the algae and he feels himself falling downward. Then a hand reaches down to grab him. Thinking quickly, Dianna hooks her legs on the pier post, reaches down over the side, and grab's Oskar's gauntlet. Working together, the two manage to pull him from the water.

Possum heals Karl, who regains consciousness.

Lily, seeing her spell is no longer needed, does not cast it.
 

Most Liked Threads

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top