J.J. Abrams to direct next Star Wars film.

Orius

Legend
Hmm, I wasn't terribly impressed with that Trek film, but the problem there was the writing rather than the direction.

Someone

Adventurer
The same person directing Star Wars and Star Trek? I sense a disturbance in the Force strong enough to reverse the polarity of the neutron flow.

Janx

Hero
Almost nothing looks and feels more generic and mainstream than J.J. Abraham's films. Star Wars will politely fold in line and hardly look different from anything else on screen in 2015.

Luckily, this will be filmed by J.J. Abrams, then.

Some have compared the last Trek to Star Wars. it even had a Hoth scene.

Mallus

Legend
Some have compared the last Trek to Star Wars. it even had a Hoth scene.
Yup. Thinking about it, Wars is a much better fit for Abrams than Trek, and I say this as a life-long (started at 4!) Star Trek fan who loved the 2009 reboot. So I'm pleased with the news. I have no doubt Abrams can pull off an exciting big-hearted science-fantasy blockbuster. With humor, too.

Though I'm a bit conflicted; this means Abrams won't be working on the film after Into Darkness. But that might be an opportunity to hand the franchise over to a director interested in making more... ahem... traditionally science-fictional science fiction films.

Of course, I can't think of many directors like that working today.

Water Bob

Adventurer
Maybe. This is a very strong rumour, but at this time it is not confirmed.

Until it is, this should say J.J. Abrams strongly rumoured to direct next Star Wars film! or J.J. Abrams to direct next Star Wars film...Maybe!

When you click on the link to go to the Fandango blog, click on the link there to go to the original ariticle. Looks confirmed to me.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases