JA's - The Prince's Own

Thanee

First Post
Kyra

Ah well... I really should have brought another set... couldn't that guard have said something when I asked about it... Kyra thinks, as the words reverberate through her mind.

The young woman curtsies towards the throne, her face slightly blushing.

“Your Majesty, please forgive my indecency, but the item I have chosen is currently worn by me, it is this dress. So... well, let's say I'm glad I put on my undergarments.”

With that she strides over towards the altar and takes off her dress, in order to place it on top of it, ready to take her oath.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
So I finally made it! Henry steps forward trying hard not to grin like a complete lackwit.

"Thank you your Majesty."

He bows to both men and then approaches the altar and kneels reverently to place the Guidon upon it. He rises and bows again before stepping back.

Axel

First Post
Declan

Declan tried hard not to grin like a mischievous child as Kyra disrobed. Well, it wasn't completely obvious that the gift would have to be given...

After Henry, Declan stepped forward confidently and bowed to the King and his associate. "Your majesty, I will take the oath of service if you will have me," he says as he straightens before striding forward to place his book and ink upon the altar. As he closes the distance Declan takes the opportunity to study the seven clerics attending the King, trying to determine their patron and sect to the best of his ability.

ghostcat

First Post
Yevas steps forward, bows deeply and places the places the ring on the alter. Felling the need to say something, he simply says "I am at your Majesty's service."

J. Alexander

First Post
The paty detects a slight smile forming on his majeties lips and the younger man at this sides does give Kyra an appraising glance. "Before we begin, I do need to disclose something that may altar your eargerness to join the royal house. Unlike years past, your fealty will not be to me directly, it will be to my great grandson, William. The binding oaths you take will place him as your soverign master, and thru his oaths to me you do indeed become a member of the royal household. You will still be entitled to wear the colors of my service should you chose, but to the public and those who know you will be the Prince's Own not the Kings Own as you and your familes were expecting.

Should you choose other, then we will still find a place for you in my own house as that is what was agreed upon when you accepted our offer..I will give you a few moments to think it over and will then need a decesion.

Thanee

First Post
Kyra

This time, Kyra courtsies towards the prince.

“Your Highness, it will be an honor to serve you, and through you, the king and the realm.”

Rhun

First Post
The prince will likely be the King someday, thinks Vanessa. She echoes Kyra's curtsy to the prince with one of her own. "An honor, Highness."

Axel

First Post
Declan

Declan drew in a deep breath. The announcement had surprised him, and changed the nature of the engagement significantly. Two others agreed quickly, and without great thought. Is the switch pre-meditated or are they simply being rash? Great-grandson...third in line to the throne at worst. I will be an old man, if I live at all, when he succeeds.

"Your majesty, may I ask a question?" Declan said, bowing low. Careful now, Declan. One wrong step and you'll end up in prison for life. Or worse...

"I have always placed my faith in two powers. One is not of this world and beyond our concerns. The second is the royal family. I do not doubt your good will in this change and will acquiesce gladly. However, I know comparatively little of your son's grandson. I wish to know more of his desires and policies, should he stoop to tell us. I ask only so I may serve him the better by anticipating his wants."

OOC: If permission to ask is not granted, please ignore the last paragraph.

ghostcat

First Post
Yevas has no qualms about serving the prince.However, he pauses to consider how to express this before saying "I am happy to serve the crown in whatever position it deems appropriate.That said I will be delighted to assist the prince." Yevas smiles to the prince as it occurs to him that serving the young prince will be a lot more fun than serving the more staid king. Still smiling he bows deeply to the prince.

Remove ads