• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JA's Upcoming - The Princes Own

Rhun

First Post
Likewise Rhun, we'll have great fun. I'm thinking of playing a Battle Herald Prestige class, which means some bard, cavalier and fighter first. So, good melee, decent mounted combat, some buffing and minor magic.

Since I know you are the Pathfinder expert Scotley, do you have some feat recommendations for my Wizard?

Scotley

Hero
Since I know you are the Pathfinder expert Scotley, do you have some feat recommendations for my Wizard?

Expert? Hardly, but I'm a sucker for flattery, so I'll do my best.

Since you are going with a conjurer I think augment summoning is a must--all your summoned creatures get more hp (+4 con) and better combat ability (+4 str) what's not to like? You have to take spell focus as a prereq for this one. That makes all you conjurations a bit harder to save against which also isn't a bad thing.

Augment familiar starts to get interesting at 7th level too. For Neutral Good you can go Faerie or Psuedo dragons, Slivanshees, or something called a Cassisian Angel. You can also pick from the neutral, chaotic good or lawful good list too which adds mephits, elementals stirges, Brownies, Harbinger (Archon), Lyrakie (Azata) (whatever that is). Anyway, any of those should add some interesting options to your character.

I like extend spell for the bonus metamagic feat. I also like the look of bouncing spell when you get to 10th or if you don't care for extend spell. Most of the metamagic feats seem over priced too me.

(gotta run, but I'll have a few more suggestions later)

Scotley

Hero
Other feats to consider:

Defensive Combat Training might be good for you. Your CMD in Pathfinder is basically your Armor Class vs. various maneuvers like Bull Rush and Disarm. It is based on BAB (which is poor for Wizards) Str (0) Dex (2) and size (0). So Defensive Combat Training makes level rather than BAB so it doubles that part of the equation. If you think JA will pick on the wizard it might be a good choice.

Toughness is pretty cool in Pathfinder since it adds essentially a hp per level.

If you expect to use your crossbow much or use spells with an attack roll any of the archery feats starting with point blank shot are a good bet.

If you want to trick out your familiar even more consider Evolved Familiar which allows you to add one of several nifty abilities to your familiar. Most of them allow some combat prowess. I've not used this, but it looks interesting.

The name escapes me, but there is also a feat that gives you two more cantrips memorized per day. Since you can cast as many as you want that has potential.

Scotley

Hero
Extra Cantrip is the feat I wasn't sure of the name on.

You might also consider Spell Specialization if you do take spell focus. That lets you cast one spell in your focused school as if you were two levels higher. For some spells with level dependent benefits that could be significant.

Thanee

First Post
This sounds like a nice change from the typical games (not that I do not like typical games :D).

So, let me voice my interest as well. :)

Bye
Thanee

J. Alexander

First Post
Hey guys,
Embarrassed to say i created then forgot to subscripe to the thread :)

Yes Rhun I do stand corrected it is a 26 point buy.

And welcome everyone.

The inspiration for this came from watching the showtime series "The Tudors" as well a interesting obscure series of books i read recently :)

I think you will enjoy it greatly but fair game this is very tudorish in attitude..if your commanded to sleep with the prince :)etc you may be put in a interesting moral dilemia eithe male or female :)

Rhun

First Post
Hey guys,
Embarrassed to say i created then forgot to subscripe to the thread :)

Yes Rhun I do stand corrected it is a 26 point buy.

And welcome everyone.

The inspiration for this came from watching the showtime series "The Tudors" as well a interesting obscure series of books i read recently :)

I think you will enjoy it greatly but fair game this is very tudorish in attitude..if your commanded to sleep with the prince :)etc you may be put in a interesting moral dilemia eithe male or female :)

I've got The Tudors on DVD. Great series.

Axel

First Post
If there are still player slots open (too lazy to count), I'll gladly put my hat in the ring as a straight Cleric. What's the plan re: deities, churches etc?

Generalised character synopsis:
Declan is the younger twin of a minor noble house (father won patent of nobility for military service or somesuch). Older twin (brother) is strong, healthy, father's favourite, a boor and remarkably stupid. Declanhas been sickly since a youth, but is ferociously intelligent. Also easy enough to get along with, since happy to listen. Chip on his shoulder about always being in his brother's shadow, both physically and personality-wise. Declan joined the priesthood as all loyal second sons should, and found his niche as an Adept of Law.

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Likely stats:
Str: 8
Dex: 10
Con: 8
Int: 16
Wis: 18 (incl. +2 racial bonus)
Cha: 16

Domains:
Law (definite!), Magic or Knowledge (possible second domains).

My intent on how Declan will play:
- Will avoid combat (ranged and melee), prefering to use magic, skills and cunning to overcome problems. Think of him as consultative rather than combative.
- Not intending to be the somewhat stereotypical magic-using Fighter style of Cleric (i.e. will be almost unarmoured, poor Str and Con means no fighting desire).
- Partly an experiment on my part to see how close I can take a Cleric to the arcane-caster style of play rather than the more common alternatives. Expect to see metamagic feats and item creation feats.

Remove ads