D&D 5E Jeremy Crawford Discusses the Wild Soul Barbarian and Path of the Astral Self Monk

Hussar

Legend
Ah, yeah, I remember something about that. Don't do Twitch, never watched it.

Ok, so, fair enough. We got something at least. Here's hoping the ball moves a little bit more.

JohnLynch

Explorer
Tons of them. It baffles me how Jeremy could actually think that they'd gotten most of them.
Thinks it? Or laying the groundwork for an edition change? 4e became Essentials after PHB came out with psionics. PF1 became PF2 after we got occult adventures and psychics. We are getting Eberron this year. Dark Sun next year and then 6th edition?

I can’t see them having the energy for a new edition myself.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Thinks it? Or laying the groundwork for an edition change? 4e became Essentials after PHB came out with psionics. PF1 became PF2 after we got occult adventures and psychics. We are getting Eberron this year. Dark Sun next year and then 6th edition?

I can’t see them having the energy for a new edition myself.

Nope, no 6Ecin the near future.

JohnLynch

Explorer
I would normally agree (simply because I don’t think they have the drive in them), but I get skeptical when I hear “we have run out of ideas/material”

JohnLynch

Explorer
Weird often doesn’t sell very well, although I don’t know why they would worry about it now. How many years has it been and we’re only getting a new class now?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Weird often doesn’t sell very well, although I don’t know why they would worry about it now. How many years has it been and we’re only getting a new class now?

And one more in the pipeline. That's why they aren't talking about doing a big book of crunch soon.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller

When Spelljammer, Eberron, and Dark Sun launched they were all niche and weird.

If you don't consider them niche realize that about 5%, combined, of fans play in those worlds. What class has been skipped that is less niche than Artificer and Psion/Mystic/etc?

None. Absolutely zero.

Remove ads