D&D (2024) Jeremy Crawford discusses what are the 2024 Fitfh Edition Core Rulebooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Who said "no innovations"? Slow, steady, carefully considered and tested innovations over time. I expect D&D will still be the major TTRPG in future decades, especially if they are slow and careful.
I can't imagine how the game would still be inter-operable after 50 years of even careful changes, unless none of those careful changes amounted to any shifts of the sort that could reasonably be described as "innovations."

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I can't imagine how the game would still be inter-operable after 50 years of even careful changes, unless none of those careful changes amounted to any shifts of the sort that could reasonably be described as "innovations."
Well, Call of Cthulu, which you brought up, is a great example. CoC 1E and 2E from the early 80's are fully interoperable with 7E from the Teens, but you would find if you look at the books that plenty has changed. And for the better! Both the careful change, and that it has changed, are a big part of why CoC is still a dominant game in the hobby.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So this thread has yet more arguments about 4e, and eurogames...there wasn't much in the video, so I guess people have argue about something.
Well, as far afield as it getting, it is at least about the philosophical basis for how WotC is approaching change.

What's there to say about the video? "We are going back to the 2014 Subclass progression" and "the name of the revision is just going to be the year 2024."

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
To be honest, we'll see if that approach survives testing.
I think even more so than unified subclass progression, this one left me questioning where the feedback is coming from on that matter. Are significant numbers of people really using their 200-word write-in sections to say "I noticed this word that isn't capitalized in the 2014 PHB is capitalized in the UA and I won't stand for that"?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I think even more so than unified subclass progression, this one left me questioning where the feedback is coming from on that matter. Are significant numbers of people really using their 200-word write-in sections to say "I noticed this word that isn't capitalized in the 2014 PHB is capitalized in the UA and I won't stand for that"?
I mean, I really wouldn't be surprised if they did, people can be persnikity. I spent too much time learning German, and then studying Medieval texts, so I don't even notice if random words get capitalized or not, frankly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads