Jericho 11/8/06 (spoilers)

well, at least something happened this time... gunshots and everything... apparently, the dad survives his infection, as the previews for next week showed him up and around... well, next week's show looks interesting too...

okay, so far we know: an indeterminate number of large US cities were nuked by terrorists (?) using bombs on trucks with suicide switches... ICBMs were launched at someplace we still don't know, or why... FEMA is still up and around...

Crymson

First Post
Interestingly, the morse code at the start of the show during the titles turns up an interesting piece of information, but I'm not sure how to do spoiler code? Or does that not matter?

Taelorn76

First Post
if you want to blank out the text it's [ spoiler ] to open it and [ / spoiler ] to close it.

If you want to do a block then [ sblock ] and [ / sblock ]

Just remove the spaces from each.

Arnwyn

First Post
I thought that was probably the best episode of the season so far. On the road Mad Max-style? Empty abandonded towns? Cool notations on irradiated homes? Hospital shootout? Oh yeah.

The episode was also phenominally stupid and far-fetched (yes, even in the context of the show). A bunch of "mercenaries" shooting up sick people and doctors because one of them "snapped"? Whatever. It made not one bit of sense.

I suppose FEMA is up and running, but they aren't doing much. Are all the survivors of Rogue River supposed to be "north in a tent city"? Wonder if they're still there...

But post-apocalyptic goodness made up for that bit of nonsense.

Werdnam

First Post
I also found the previews amusing. They implied that the residents of Jericho plan to [sblock] blow up a bridge to keep the mercenaries out. I guess Jericho is on an island. In northwestern Kansas. Right.[/sblock]

Crymson

First Post
Right, well the morse code during the opening titles was:
[sblock]ROB NOT FBI[/sblock]Of course, most of us probably guessed that anyway.

JEL

First Post
Crymson said:
Right, well the morse code during the opening titles was:
[sblock]ROB NOT FBI[/sblock]Of course, most of us probably guessed that anyway.

This begs the question then, is each message at the beginning different, and if so, what are they?

I liked the episode, so I'll definitely be keeping witht he show for now.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Arnwyn said:
The episode was also phenominally stupid and far-fetched (yes, even in the context of the show). A bunch of "mercenaries" shooting up sick people and doctors because one of them "snapped"? Whatever. It made not one bit of sense.
Yeah, it gives mercenaries in the US a bad name. :p

I guess though illogically, when the guy snapped and shoot some of the left-behind doctors and patients, they decided to silence the rest to leave no witness. After all, a mark like that and the government (or what's left of it) won't hire Ravenwood again.

Remove ads