D&D 5E Jester's 'Simple' Character Sheet for Complex Characters, tracker too!

Jest3rX0

Explorer
I have just uploaded Jester's 'Simple' Character Sheet for Complex Characters, tracker too! to the downloads area.

Heyo all, I'm a bit of a weird one but I've been itching find a character sheet that suites my need for a sheet that multi-class characters can grow into. What I came up with borrows a couple blocks from other more popular sheets but fits ideally my preference for a single page form. I've also included my custom made Adventure League tracker for people people who can write small enough to fit 8 adventures on the same page.

Special Thanks for the sadly unasked permission to use a bit of the layout from SpadaBastarda's form and a couple armor graphics from elSwitchblade.

Also this is for people with semi-small handwriting so...there's that :)

You can find the file here in the downloads section. Please use this thread for comments.

fewilcox

First Post
Psst. I think you meant "suits my need". A suite is a bunch of connected rooms. 8o)

I love your Adventurer's League log sheet. My writing is significantly smaller than that of our gamer friends, and even a bit smaller than my wife's, due at least in part to my training as a draftsman. That makes the official log sheet just so much wasted paper to me.

Your character sheet is by far my favorite not made by me, but SpadaBastarda's stat radar thing is a bit pointless to my mind. It just uses extra ink and takes up space needlessly (especially since it goes to 30 even though PCs can only reach 24). That said, I really like the way the attributes are arranged around it. The only complaint I could make is that I prefer to have space to show where my stats come from in case the GM asks. Due to a massive head trauma in a car crash my memory just plain sucks so I have to write down such things.

I also really like the spell stats and slots flower. Since I provide a fairly comprehensive stand-alone grimoire in my scribd, I appreciate only having spell names and levels and whether or not they're prepped – especially since only one of my four Encounters characters is a spell chucker, so that space is completely worthless to the other three.

The hit dice representation is also very clever, and I always advocate having distinct places for max, temporary, and current HP (or current wounds, which is how my wife and I generally record it thanks to HackMaster).

The only other suggestion I could make is to widen the space for class since some characters may have two or three. There also needs to be room to list the level of each class. My wallet never likes large blocks of black, so if I were to actually use your sheet instead of my own I'd be inclined to load it into gimp and lighten those up a bit, but I know that lots of (or possibly most) people do like them, so I don't know if I'd recommend actually changing them.

Does the word "Build" in the top matter mean thin, average, plump, athletic, etc., or is it meant for general appearance, or the mechanical meaning of build (i.e. archer ranger)? Its length makes me assume the middle one, but the word "build" always makes me think of the first and last.

Grimm667

First Post
I like how you did the Adventure League Tracking Sheet, but is there a way for you to make the Sheet Fillable, so you don't need to use really small handwriting.

Jest3rX0

Explorer

Jest3rX0

Explorer
Jest3rX0 updated Jester's 'Simple' Character Sheet for Complex Characters, NEW form fillable tracker too! with a new update entry:

Beta 2 for character sheet

I had this monstrous 45mb form fillable document with all the tweaks and bells and shite looking pretty...then I remembered I had to fit this on my tablet and rapidly swap between them. Thus I decided this is the far better option. Part 1 is the mechanical crunch page with all the blocks, features, and graphs you can want. Part 2 is the roleplay, the bags and condensed spell list. Both are easy to combine into a single PDF if you'd like or kept separate if you don't need any of that. Their...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jest3rX0

Explorer
Jest3rX0 updated Jester's 'Simple' Character Sheet for Complex Characters, NEW form fillable tracker too! with a new update entry:

Final Version of Form Fillable, still small too

So it took far more work then I was expecting but the form fillable version of my tracker is done and I'm happy with the results. Changed the font a bit, tweaked alignment, ensured that every light appropriately tabbed to the next, everything I could find that was wrong. Enjoy if you like it, but I imagine the track is the real reason people still bother to download it :)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Remove ads