John. Wick. Four.

I can watch all the John Wick movies and feel that every fight is unique and interesting, while I was praying the battle in the 3rd Hobbit movie would just please end. Looking forward to the 4th.

If I had one wish, it would be to have amnesia, solely so that I could watch the John Wicks again fresh.

It is like the most exquisite ballet, except instead of instead of executing a graceful pirouette on pointe, he gracefully executes all comers ... that's the point.

Good action really is more like dance (that's one of the reasons a film like Come Drink with Me resonated so much---the fighting had a dance like quality to it). And I've had this feeling about many of my favorite films.

When is the new John Wick coming out?

English subtitles:

"Mickey Mouse!"
"Dumbo!"

First scene. All. The. Guns.

Ever.

Lol. Those subs. There is a movie called Web of Death (highly recommend to anyone who likes wuxia or gonzo kung fu films) and there is a scene where the leader of Venom Sect sits down to meditate and in the English language dub they have him doing the Lords Prayer.

Woo did an outstanding wuxia film early in his career called Last Hurrah for Chivalry. It is very different from stuff like a Better Tomorrow but still largely about a brotherhood theme. He also co-directed Reign of Assassins in like 2010 staring Michelle Yeoh, which is unbelievably good IMO (and has a lot of heart too).

Ryujin

Legend
Lol. Those subs. There is a movie called Web of Death (highly recommend to anyone who likes wuxia or gonzo kung fu films) and there is a scene where the leader of Venom Sect sits down to meditate and in the English language dub they have him doing the Lords Prayer.
Definitely so tone deaf subs out there. Tragic.
Woo did an outstanding wuxia film early in his career called Last Hurrah for Chivalry. It is very different from stuff like a Better Tomorrow but still largely about a brotherhood theme. He also co-directed Reign of Assassins in like 2010 staring Michelle Yeoh, which is unbelievably good IMO (and has a lot of heart too).
I didn't remember the title but just watched the trailer, and remembered it, as soon as I saw Jackie Chan's face. I watched so much of the early John Woo stuff on fly by night newbie broadcast TV either early on weekend mornings, or REALLY early on weekend mornings. Then again "The Water Margin" was my guilty pleasure in the late '70s, on CBC TV, on Sunday mornings.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
I have never seen one of these films. I am not sure I have watched a preview at a theater of one.

Maybe it’s worth watching one.

I end up watching g SpongeBob or despicable me with the kids and reading about D&D.

I did just watch a Dutch ww2 flick. Kids were at grandmas or some such. Maybe I will have to break my fast from popular movies and check out the first one.

Ryujin

Legend
I have never seen one of these films. I am not sure I have watched a preview at a theater of one.

Maybe it’s worth watching one.

I end up watching g SpongeBob or despicable me with the kids and reading about D&D.

I did just watch a Dutch ww2 flick. Kids were at grandmas or some such. Maybe I will have to break my fast from popular movies and check out the first one.
If you have any interest in "Gun-Fu" type movies then you'll probably like the John Wick series. Hell, they invented a new genre called "Car-Fu" just for them.

Last edited:

Remove ads