• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JollyDoc's Shackled City: FINAL POST [Updated 11/2!!]

Joachim

First Post
Neverwinter Knight said:
Doesn't being on the strategically right side of combat for a change make you players feel good?

These modules seem to always put you on the wrong side strategically, except for this one time. For example:

* You're in a room half-filled with water that slows your movement to 1/2, but not the Kuo Toans that are fighting you.

* You're in a room that is full of webs that sticks you to the floor, but not the spiderlings that are attacking you.

* You're fighting a high-flying red dragon in the open with no (inflammable) cover.

* You're attacked while at dinner (unbuffed) by a trio of nasty assassins (mega-buffed).

This fight was different. The BBEG's were all in one room, unawares and unbuffed. We prance in, and proceed to waylay everybody, no problemo. Now, if we had come in the front door, fighting from room to room, the outcome would likely have been far far far far different.

Ika_Greybeard

First Post
It was a great Fight I finally realized what a monk is good for. So far he has been next to useless against all the demons and Buffed out fighter types the only good thing about Kiko up to this point is he could not die or he would not stay dead(thanks to Revivy) :heh: . Now that I say this he will be the next one to go down. :uhoh:

JollyDoc

Explorer
Neverwinter Knight said:
We are on unlucky page 13, after all... :]

Anyway, I hope to read about these adventures some day, hint, hint ;)

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I'll be posting my update this weekend. Just wanted to space things out a bit (but not too long...hint). Yes, the Bright Axes certainly came out on top against Thifirane's guests. But as mentioned, Thifirane made her escaped (unscathed I might add), taking the regenerating ogre mage and her shield guardian with her. Mhad also left. Note, I did not say escaped. She never considered herself in danger, and in fact never entered combat. She merely sat back and took careful notes...

gfunk

First Post
I hope for your sakes (Grimm, Kiko, Rusty, Dathon, Tilly) that you finish the module this coming Sunday. Because if you don't, guess who will be running the BBEG at the end?

That's right, the 2003 GenCon Toughman . . . ME!:]

cidak

First Post
JollyDoc said:
She merely sat back and took careful notes...

Bewarned!

Now she will not be just prepared by a powergaming author of the module, she will now be specifically prepared for the Party by a powergaming DM within the storyline written by a powergaming author. :]

ltclnlbrain

First Post
Sounds like a great fight. I haven't had a chance to run the adventure yet, but I was pretty sure the enemies would mop the floor with my PCs should they decided to attack. It's good to see that with some good tactics (and some luck!) they will be able to pull through. I'm looking forward to the next update.

Joachim

First Post
Lo said:
Bewarned!

Now she will not be just prepared by a powergaming author of the module, she will now be specifically prepared for the Party by a powergaming DM within the storyline written by a powergaming author. :]

Problem is, all she saw was:

* Kiko can trip and punch

* Grimm can swing a spiked chain

* Dalthon can cast 'fireball', 'dimension door', and 'haste'

* Rusty can cast 'searing light'

* Tilly can hide in a corner and wait for the Evard's to be dispelled.

How much is that worth?

Ika_Greybeard

First Post
Joachim said:
Problem is, all she saw was:

* Kiko can trip and punch

* Grimm can swing a spiked chain

* Dalthon can cast 'fireball', 'dimension door', and 'haste'

* Rusty can cast 'searing light'

* Tilly can hide in a corner and wait for the Evard's to be dispelled.

How much is that worth?

Alot considering thats about all we can do so yea your right she Didn't learn much from that fight. ;)

Remove ads