• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JollyDoc's Shackled City: FINAL POST [Updated 11/2!!]

Jack of Shadows

First Post
Hmmmm.....

This is not looking good. Will the further tales of the Brightaxes be lost to the greater world? Will Joachim ever manage to find the time to put finger to keyboard amid the ever growing needs of his meaningless mundane life? Will Jollydoc continue to maniacly kill player characters off on a weekly basis? Will Gfunk create the ultimate power gamer character only to have Jollydoc maniacly kill it off? Only time will tell.

Jack

Joachim

First Post
Jack of Shadows said:
Hmmmm.....

This is not looking good. Will the further tales of the Brightaxes be lost to the greater world? Will Joachim ever manage to find the time to put finger to keyboard amid the ever growing needs of his meaningless mundane life? Will Jollydoc continue to maniacly kill player characters off on a weekly basis? Will Gfunk create the ultimate power gamer character only to have Jollydoc maniacly kill it off? Only time will tell.

Jack

Let me put it this way...If I plan time to start working on the post, then something happens that I can't get away from. Last week I had to go out of town for work. The week previous my fiance had to use the computer for school every night.

This week's case in point...HURRICANE IVAN. Praise the Lord that I didn't lose power (for very long, that is), but I have had to deal with getting the house ready for the rains. About 1 million Alabamian families are sans electricity right now (JD might be one of them), but fear not...I will post one of these weeks. Many apologies (to JD especially because he has been patiently waiting to post), and I will get on it as soon as I can clean all of this water up.

Jack of Shadows

First Post
Ah.....

I forgot you guys were so far south. All we got up here was some wind and truck loads of celebrities (Toronto Film Festival is in full swing). Hope everone is OK and god forbid that the game has been cancelled.

Jack

Last edited:

JollyDoc

Explorer
Greetings from the devastation of Ivan the Terrible. I did indeed lose power during the blow, but fortunately I'm back in business now. Just about to go a begin picking up the first of about a thousand tree branches from out of my yard. Had one large oak tree fall...missed my pool by about ten feet. Otherwise, I consider myself damn lucky.

Once Richard posts this final time, he's going to turn his notes over to me, so I will be doing all the posting fron now on. With any luck, and barring any further natural disasters, I'll be able to get on a somewhat regular posting schedule.

Izerath

First Post
Greetings from the midwest

Hey guys -

Glad to hear you are OK and that power is on. Seemed kindaa senseless to post earlier to ask if it was gonna hit hard, but now that I see you're ok I thought I'd let you know I was thinking of you both.

Still looking forward to the campaign update! :) And even better - our Eberron escapade!

Talk to you both soon.

Ron

JollyDoc

Explorer
Izerath said:
Hey guys -

Glad to hear you are OK and that power is on. Seemed kindaa senseless to post earlier to ask if it was gonna hit hard, but now that I see you're ok I thought I'd let you know I was thinking of you both.

Still looking forward to the campaign update! :) And even better - our Eberron escapade!

Talk to you both soon.

Ron

Thanks for the concer Ron! I trust you got the same email from SRM that we all did. I'm pumped about it, and have already sent in my first "assignment."
For everybody else, this is about our recent RPGA Open victory. The RPGA has contacted us about beginning our writing assignment for them. They set an initial deadline of 9/24 for us to get some bio information to them, which will then be posted on the RPGA website. Check it out!

JollyDoc said:
Thanks for the concer Ron! I trust you got the same email from SRM that we all did. I'm pumped about it, and have already sent in my first "assignment."
For everybody else, this is about our recent RPGA Open victory. The RPGA has contacted us about beginning our writing assignment for them. They set an initial deadline of 9/24 for us to get some bio information to them, which will then be posted on the RPGA website. Check it out!
Be sure to post a link when this goes online!

In the mean time, I have taken to rereading the early adventures of the Bright Axes. Man, Pez was fun !!!

Last edited:

Ika_Greybeard

First Post
was just wonderin if we are going to see a update before this month ends No pressure Joachim was just lookin to read up on our exploits :heh:
plus it needed a bump to the first page

Last edited:

beer_motor

First Post
bump for update!

Since I've returned to the Southeast from my sabbattical in California (read: taking lots of drugs and stuff) I've been gaming with my old buddies again, and I am sad that I haven't been mentioned in these hallowed halls yet! Fear not, soon you will all know that there is only one person on Earth who can come semi-close to gfunk levels of caster silliness, and that person is probably not me but I try really hard at least. And that's what counts.

PS I hate Richard.

Remove ads