Joss Whedon Allegations: The Undoing of the "Buffy" Creator

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
:oops:
Oh... oh no...
Well, that was a particularly depressing run of Google.
Could be worse.

Imagine if you were a Marion Zimmer Bradley stan ....
Whoo boy, yeah, that's so much worse. Eddings' books were dumb fun fantasy but hardly foundational. MZB opened the floodgates for women authors of Fantasy & Sci-Fi, and fought tooth and nail to never let them shut. There's definitely quite a lot more to square there regarding her legacy and the revelations that came out about her and her husband.

Divine2021

Adventurer
Hey, how do I block posts with out blocking the author of the said post? Because I don’t want stuff like this to clog up my feed when I come visit this site. No offense to the author of the post, I simply don’t have the desire to see stuff like this.

Bolares

Hero
Hey, how do I block posts with out blocking the author of the said post? Because I don’t want stuff like this to clog up my feed when I come visit this site. No offense to the author of the post, I simply don’t have the desire to see stuff like this.
You can unwatch the thread...

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Well, that was a particularly depressing run of Google.

Whoo boy, yeah, that's so much worse. Eddings' books were dumb fun fantasy but hardly foundational. MZB opened the floodgates for women authors of Fantasy & Sci-Fi, and fought tooth and nail to never let them shut. There's definitely quite a lot more to square there regarding her legacy and the revelations that came out about her and her husband.
My father in law did work on her house back when. Apparently it was run like a weird commune with a super toxic vibe.

Last edited:

Remove ads