• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Judgement Day (Full)

Rkhet

First Post
One from me: Does a Warshaper retain his Su abilities when using Shapechange? By the RAW, all Su abilities are lost when you Shapechange, but it seems rather stupid in the Warshaper's case, seeing as how all his abilities are tied in with shapechanging.

Ferrix

Explorer
Quick question, does arcane disciple from complete divine count as granting you the Domain you pick with the feat, or does it just give the spells, trying to remember without my books at the moment.

Wrahn

First Post
Ferrix said:
Quick question, does arcane disciple from complete divine count as granting you the Domain you pick with the feat, or does it just give the spells, trying to remember without my books at the moment.

Just the spells, and it doesn't give you the spells, just the ability to use them (if for instance you were a sorcerer you still have to use spells known to learn them)

Jemal

Adventurer
Pyrex said:
Another Planar question:

Do any of the following planes *not* have coterminous Ethereal and/or Shadow planes? The SRD is somewhat fuzzy...
--The Astral Plane
--The Elemental Planes
--The Positive Energy Plane
--The Negative Energy Plane
--The Celestial Planes
--The Abyssal/Infernal Planes

Also; Forbiddance, Dimensional Lock and the like block planar crossings within their area. Does this include the Manifestation(SU) and/or Malevolence(SU) abilities possesed by ghosts?

As nearly as I can tell, neither should be affected per the RAW; but I'd rather know for certain ahead of time.

Ethereal and Shadow are coterminous with Material, Astral, and each other, nothing else.

And yes, manifestatoin and Malevolence Ghost abilities travel planes, thus are stopped by anything which stops such things.

Boots of swiftness as Both myself and Albedo run them Double your BASE speed, and THEN you add any enhancement bonus.

Pyrex - You can set pretty much anything as a Key so long as it's clearly defined... and ok'd by a DM. the stuff you use as examples is ok... although the spell-targeting i'm not sure how it'd work, you still have to walk through the gate.

Rhket - the Warshaper retains it SU abilites while in another form, but ONLY those gained from the warshaper prestige class.

Pyrex

First Post
So, er, what happens when I travel to, say, the Negative Energy plane?

Here are more concrete examples of what I was thinking about as gate keys.

Gate W will activate for any Undead creature walking through it.

Gate X will activate and remain open for N rounds when the pass phrase is spoken.

Gate Y will activate and remain open for N rounds when the pass phrase is spoken in Infernal by an Undead creature.

Gate Z will activate and remain open while within the area of a Magic Circle against Good.

Edit: First installment of my background has been posted.

Last edited:

Rkhet

First Post
Excellent. I'll be taking a 2-3 level dip when the opportunity arises.

If I have Shapechange and the Warshaper ability Flashmorph, can I change shape twice per round?

Can I apply Morphic Weapons to each of my natural weapons? Or can I only apply it once, to a single weapon?

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
Initial list of gates has been added to my PC in the RG; keys for the gates will be added after I recieve feedback on my list of keys above.

Ferrix

Explorer
Wrahn said:
Just the spells, and it doesn't give you the spells, just the ability to use them (if for instance you were a sorcerer you still have to use spells known to learn them)

Just wanted to figure that out, I need the Magic domain worked in somehow to my build to make it work :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads