• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Judgement Day (Full)

Albedo

First Post
Bialaska said:
Larlock's writeup in Lords of Darkness has an Ioun Stone that gives +5 competence bonus to skills, saves, ability checks and attack rolls and another one that is a Stone of Good Luck +5. Also he has slotless +6 enchantment bonuses to various stats and such through the use of the Ioun Stones.

Source: Lords of Darkness p. 162

True, but the problem with that is you CAN'T transfer ioun stone abilities to other slots because part of the abilitiy itself is the item rotating over your head. Well, I guess you can, but I would look really messed up. The whole point is ioun stones are treated differently beacause they are use activated items, not slotless items, so you can't tranfer it.

Wrahn

First Post
Not to be contrary Albedo, but Ioun stones are the example they use for slotless items...

From the SRD:

Code:
Special                    Base Price Adjustment                    Example 
Charges per day            Divide by (5 divided by charges per day) Boots of teleportation 
No space limitation        Multiply entire cost by 2                Ioun stone

However, you are obviously the Game Master and what you say goes.

On the otherhand, is it acceptable to take pieces of items (such as say the +1 luck bonus to saves from the stone of good luck) or do you have to take the item as it is published? If that is acceptable, I think there is a little surgery I wish to perform on my items

Good Guys, get off your tushes, the game has started!!

Pyrex

First Post
*Random tangent while wating for the game to start moving*

Wrahn said:
It was interesting to him that he had received an invitation to join such a force. He certainly didn’t think of himself as evil, but while he cared very little what others thought of him, it was puzzling that others thought of him as such.

Why is it that good characters (not just PC's, but in books, movies, etc) almost always self-identify as good, but evil characters almost *never* consider themselves to be evil? i.e. "Oh, I'm not evil, just misunderstood..."

Discuss... :D

Kerrz

First Post
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Evil people are characterized by their public appeal, whereas good people are characterized by their inner selves. A man who kills puppies is evil by everyone else's standards, however if he believes there is a puppy epidemic then he probably thinks that he is doing a good and charitable act, though he is misunderstood. If he is killing puppies because he likes to kill puppies, then he is just evil, and he knows it.

The best villains are those who have a long-running history with their associated heroes, even back before the hero became heroic. As such, you have to figure out where the two paths diverged, what did the villain do or think that made his acts so villainous while the hero stayed pure and righteous?

Some examples from Pop-Culture are Professor Xavier and Magneto, or Lex Luthor and Superman, or Green Lantern and Sinestro, and the list goes on. The greatest villain is a fallen hero, who believes that he is still doing the right thing and that everyone else is misguided. Doctor Doom is an example of this: He believes that ruling the world with an iron fist is the best thing for the world. Many modern dictators believe the same thing. A man cannot sleep at night while believing in the depths of his soul that he is doing the WRONG thing. Even the truly evil believe that evil is the right path.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads