• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Judgement Day (Full)

Endovior

First Post
Yeah. Ioun Stones ARE slotless items, so they're more expensive to begin with. Standard progression is cost of +1 times bonus squared, so an Ioun Stone giving +5 Insight would be 5000 * 25, or 125000

Albedo

First Post
sorry for the delay. I had some serious car troubles for the past few days and haven't had any time to go on and get the game started. Now that my car is running, I'm hoping to get this thing going sometime after work today (I work nights). That is, if nothing MORE goes wrong (and yes, I know by saying that odds are I just jinxed myself lol).

Wrahn

First Post
Albedo said:
sorry for the delay. I had some serious car troubles for the past few days and haven't had any time to go on and get the game started. Now that my car is running, I'm hoping to get this thing going sometime after work today (I work nights). That is, if nothing MORE goes wrong (and yes, I know by saying that odds are I just jinxed myself lol).

These things happen, thanks for the update

Jemal

Adventurer
no to the greater insight/luck bonuses. Like we said, no creating without the creation feats and XP spending. ALL you can do is change slots.

I believe there's a 'greater luckstone' in one of the books that's like a +3 though, but other than that..

As for characters, i'm still looking them over but everything looks pretty good. We'll be posting up the IC threads....

NOW

Ferrix

Explorer
Is combining existing items alright?

Like combining gloves of dexterity +6 with gloves of storing for the associated price increase on the secondary or primary price, whichever one it actually is, (it's in the back of the book).

It seems some of the characters have already done that.

Pyrex

First Post
As I understand it, combining existing items falls under the 're-slotted items are ok' exception to the no-custom-items rule.

Bialaska

First Post
Jemal said:
no to the greater insight/luck bonuses. Like we said, no creating without the creation feats and XP spending. ALL you can do is change slots.

I believe there's a 'greater luckstone' in one of the books that's like a +3 though, but other than that..

As for characters, i'm still looking them over but everything looks pretty good. We'll be posting up the IC threads....

NOW

Larlock's writeup in Lords of Darkness has an Ioun Stone that gives +5 competence bonus to skills, saves, ability checks and attack rolls and another one that is a Stone of Good Luck +5. Also he has slotless +6 enchantment bonuses to various stats and such through the use of the Ioun Stones.

Source: Lords of Darkness p. 162

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads