Jupiter's Legacy (Netflix)

Dire Bare

Legend
I read the source material. I'm increasingly not a fan of cynical, hyper-violent "superhero" tales. Bad guys win in the real world ALL THE TIME. I have no interest in super powered sociopaths. There are enough in the real world thank you very much.

Unless the show is DRASTICALLY different from the comic? Thanks but NO THANKS.
"Jupiter's Legacy" is not "The Boys" . . . it's not super violent, IMO. But there are a few graphic scenes, not BLAM in your face shocking like "The Boys", but a bit gory, more so than any DC or Marvel movie/show.

Also unlike "The Boys", the main supers are not sociopaths masquerading as heroes, they are truly heroes. There is a twist at the end that you might see coming a mile away, but even that hero-turned-villain is acting out of what they consider the greater good.

In the big battle with the villain Blackstar, the bad guy kills three heroes, one of which is a decapitation. Later, one of the younger heroes is sitting slumped up against a wall, holding her intestines. Notably, the two goriest deaths are both young, female heroes. The scenes aren't over the top, but are definitely worse than your average super hero show.

Dire Bare

Legend
All heroes and villains are descended from the main six? Who is Darkstar related to?
Five of the six original heroes all have a kid or two that inherit being super. But there are a LOT of other "young" heroes and super villains whose origins are not explained. I very much doubt they are all descendants of the original six, that would stretch credibility for me, even though the original crew is about 120 years old.

But that was a question I was asking all throughout the run, was, "If no supers existed before 'The Union', where did all of these other supers come from?"

Another question, all the 2nd Gen superkids are of the same age, and in their 20s . . . . yet their folks are all in their 120s . . . . did they all make some sort of decision once they hit the centennial mark to start having kids?!?!

Ryujin

Legend
"Jupiter's Legacy" is not "The Boys" . . . it's not super violent, IMO. But there are a few graphic scenes, not BLAM in your face shocking like "The Boys", but a bit gory, more so than any DC or Marvel movie/show.

Also unlike "The Boys", the main supers are not sociopaths masquerading as heroes, they are truly heroes. There is a twist at the end that you might see coming a mile away, but even that hero-turned-villain is acting out of what they consider the greater good.

In the big battle with the villain Blackstar, the bad guy kills three heroes, one of which is a decapitation. Later, one of the younger heroes is sitting slumped up against a wall, holding her intestines. Notably, the two goriest deaths are both young, female heroes. The scenes aren't over the top, but are definitely worse than your average super hero show.
Not wanting to go too far into spoiler territory, but here I go...
That had me wondering about the "psychic battle", that took place in the clone's brain, between Skyfox and Brainwave. Given the origin of the clone, where did that fight come from? The twist would seem to invalidate it completely.

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
Episode 4 felt longish. Two characters hit rock bottom.

I don't understand where his visions comes from. Has this been explained?

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
Episode 4 felt longish. Two characters hit rock bottom.

I don't understand where his visions comes from. As this been explained?
it will be (somewhat) shown, but not really explained. I'm hoping that they get another season to walk through that a bit.

Dire Bare

Legend
That had me wondering about the "psychic battle", that took place in the clone's brain, between Skyfox and Brainwave. Given the origin of the clone, where did that fight come from? The twist would seem to invalidate it completely.
That confused me as well.

damiller

Adventurer
Just watching Episode 5, finished the scene with the Psychologist, and I think it is the Thesis of the Piece (show). This continues to draw me in, I am absolutely in love. its like Indiana Jones, Call of Cthulhu and Champions Now (or Mutants and masterminds) had a baby!!!

DrunkonDuty

he/him

It's a bit odd isn't it? It might be, and this is entirely my own head canon and there is nothing in the show to suggest it's right: Walt put the Shadowfox fight/mindscape in clone BS's brain in the hopes of fooling Raiku that it was legit. Or maybe he put it there just in case someone else decided they wanted to piggyback in or another psychic showed up.

But yes, it's a plot hole in service to a bit of action.

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
The psychiatrist scene (and reveal) was very interesting.

If they had put a one-minute scene with this guy at the end of episode one, and one short scene per episode after that, it would have given the series more depth from the beginning. A missed opportunity.

Last edited:

Remove ads