TSR Just when you thought it was all over.... now there’s a fourth TSR!

In the story that will never end, after having this week turned itself into Wonderfilled, Inc, and deleted its Twitter account, TSR is BACK AGAIN! Like again, again, again, again. Complete with old-school logo! And Michael appears to actually exist!

Michael K. Hovermale says in a press release that an unnamed individual (I’m guessing Stephen Dinehart) apparently ran all the social media accounts for TSR, Dungeon Hobby Shop Museum, Ernie Gygax, Justin LaNasa, and Giantlands. He goes on to say that this person has been replaced, and that all posts on those social media accounts are "invalid". There's no mention of Stephen Dinehart's social media accounts though.

Dinehart has left TSR3, taking Giantlands with him. Given that Star Frontiers mentions have been quietly removed a week or so ago, that would leave TSR3.5 without any roleplaying game products, as far as I can tell.

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 8.16.23 PM.png

The existing (TSR3} website still says it's WONDERFILED (sic), Inc. However there’s now a NEW one at TSR Hobbies. We’ll call that TSR3.5 for now. I’m struggling to distinguish TSRs from tribbles at this point. They just keep on coming!

I don't really know what to say anymore, but my job is to report the news. So here's the news.

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 6.41.41 PM.png

TSR Appoints New Public Relations Officer; Responds to Social Media Mismanagement​

Lake Geneva, WI, July 09, 2021 --(PR.com)-- TSR has replaced the individual that was serving as both social media manager and information technology manager for TSR and The Dungeon Hobby Shop Museum. This individual was also the social media manager for Giantlands, Justin LaNasa, and Ernie Gygax.

All posts on all social media accounts for TSR and Dungeon Hobby Shop Museum should be considered invalid.

All posts on all social media accounts of Justin LaNasa and Ernie Gygax should be considered invalid.

TSR is in the process of recovering the social media accounts of TSR, The Dungeon Hobby Shop Museum, and the personal Twitter accounts of Justin LaNasa and Ernie Gygax.

Michael K. Hovermale
Public Relations Officer
TSR

Ernie Gygax:
“I wish to speak directly to the transgender community regarding this incident. The individual who was speaking to you on Twitter does not represent me or TSR in any way. Trans people are always welcome to play with us. Everyone is welcome at our table.”
Contact
TSR LLC
Michael K. Hovermale PR Officer
(209) 819-7504

Captain Kirk Sigh GIF by Star Trek

Last edited:

If that’s what’s happening, then Michael Actual needs to get on top of this.

Thaumaturge.

The thing is, if I am remembering the timeline to all this correctly, several days ago, there was a "Michael" supposedly fired by TSR3, or quit TSR3, and then a day or two after that, this odd Twitter account was created. And now, just a couple of days later, whatever they want to be called, hired this new Michael, supposedly for the same job as the previous, probably imaginary, "Michael" did for them. It is all just too bizarre.

Electryc

Explorer
Watching this is like watching a good old friend go on a massive drug fueled public bender, to include urinating themselves. It's more sad, than funny at this point. And I mean that sincerely.

I have a TON of fond memories of the TSR era products, and to see it destroyed like this? I mean, Lorraine drove it into the ground, but at least it wasn't this massive public debacle of the IP as if the monkeys suddenly were in control.

So all the memories were destroyed? Isn't that kind of dramatic? Please don't destroy your fond memories due to an idiot in full retreat. It's not like Ernie did anything for TSR before this.

Saracenus

Always In School Gamer
If that’s what’s happening, then Michael Actual needs to get on top of this.

Thaumaturge.
Here is the thing. There are two states this could be and neither is good.

If Michael is the PR guy and he hasn't locked down the TSR(3 or whether iteration we are on) social media so that there is a clearly recognized channel of information, then he is incompetent at his nemero uno job representing the company he works for.

If the stuff being said by those accounts are him, then he is still incompetent at his nemero uno job representing the company he works for.

This is a lose, lose.

EDIT: Dyslexia is a hell of a drug. Loose does not equal lose.

Last edited:

Sacrosanct

Legend
So all the memories were destroyed? Isn't that kind of dramatic? Please don't destroy your fond memories due to an idiot in full retreat. It's not like Ernie did anything for TSR before this.
No, the memories aren't destroyed. More like the analogy I used. the person you loved and grew up with has become self destructive and toxic. And if you've ever had to experience that (I don't wish it on anyone), it's a horrible thing to watch. Especially when you're helpless to stop them.

Steel_Wind

Legend
I'd think the old TSR logo is property of WotC/Hasbro, which leads me to think this continual messaging is just a way for a small company to drum up more publicity than it's otherwise worth, even at the risk of poking a large well-funded bear.
No, Ernie Gygax & crew registered three of the old TSR marks. This is but the 2nd of three.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases