D&D 5E Keep on the Borderlands - OOC (Filled UP)

EarlyBird

Explorer
Hmmm... So why not a beat-stick heavy party??

Champion - a DEX based two-weapon warrior? double your chances to score a crit??
Barbarian - the groups survivalist with a great weapon
Eldritch Knight - sword and board? using magic to augment or attack?
Arcane Archer - ranged warrior - every group needs one
Paladin - high AC; two-weapon fighter

And if ccs wants to make a warrior than a fine group (who buys lots and lots of potions), you all would make

Still taking applications until next week and then will decide on the group.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Still room? Because I’m interested. And that would mean you have a chance to return the favor and kill my character...

EarlyBird

Explorer
LOL, I have a few games to do that. But it was my own fault for not Dodging I really should have to give the others time to get in the room.

Welcome to the thread and please post up a charcter concept when you get a minute.

TallIan

Explorer
So this is what I'm considering (still needs some work though)

Rorik
STR 17 (17+1 Racial)
DEX 9
CON 16
WIS 6
INT 11 (11+1 Racial)
CHA 10

Human (variant)
Fighter
Eldritch Knight
Lawful Neutral (Maybe Evil depending on the rest of the party)

Background:
Noble
Skills: History, Persuation
Tool: Gaming set
One Language
Feature: (As PHB, maybe with the retainers feature)

Skills: Animal Handling, Intimidation
All Armour, Shields
Simple and martial weapons

Equipment:
- greatsword
- explorer's pack
- chainmail

Background:
Rorik's parents had a tumultuous marriage, each having their own view on the world and how they should raise Rorik. Both were taken away from home by their respective duties and so their relationship swung from the heights of passion to open hostility. His mother, an Archmage at court, insisted on arcane tuition. While his father, a knight commander, thought men should learn to fight not read. Both parents showed open disdain to the other's way of life and this left Rorik with a cynical outlook on the world. He embraced both teachings though and developed a style of fighting that relied on magic.

He left home in his mid teens, unwilling to deal with the hostility his parents had for the other. He has spend the last few years in the company of various mercenary groups and town guards, acquiring a few followers along the way.

Last edited:

ccs

41st lv DM
1) Ok, So we're not 1st lv. But what does "A few adventures" constitute?
Are we 3rd lv? It matters for picking a subclass.
Are we 4th lv? It matters for ASIs/Feats.
What's the cap? Your definition of few adventures, my few adventures, & his few
adventures (and how many lvs were gained therein) might not be the same thing....

2)I'd still like to know the initial premise of the adventure.

The DM steering clear of commonly used monsters in favor of oddball ones is fine, but not info I really need as a player (though I guess I could incorporate that into a character). I mean it's D&D. I assumed monsters will be fought....

I ask for this because EB specifically wants players interested in their characters. I get that. And I'll give that.
But not all of my characters are suited for all types of adventures/stories & I don't feel like wasting the effort to post something that's not appropriate.

So give me a sentence or two to work with (PM me if you must keep it a secret from others)

Ex: "Baron EB has requested your aid in hunting down the oddball monsters that've begun showing up in the northern hills"
EX: "Make a character who'd be at Baron EBs annual ball."

Anyways here's some stats & I'll post a character by lunch on Monday.

_:
4D6.HIGH(3) = [3, 2, 3, 3] = 9
4D6.HIGH(3) = [6, 4, 4, 3] = 14
4D6.HIGH(3) = [4, 5, 1, 6] = 15
4D6.HIGH(3) = [4, 2, 6, 6] = 16
4D6.HIGH(3) = [2, 5, 2, 5] = 12
4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 4, 6, 5] = 15

Last edited:

Remove ads