D&D (2024) All 48 Player’s Handbook 2024 Subclasses

The new Player's Handbook contains 12 character classes, each with 4 subclasses.

subclasses.jpeg

The new Player's Handbook contains 12 character classes, each with 4 subclasses, making 48 in total.
  • Barbarian: Path of the... Berserker, Wild Heart, World Tree, Zealot.
  • Bard: College of... Dance, Gamour, Lore, Valor.
  • Cleric: Life, Light, Trickery, War domains.
  • Druid: Circle of the... Land, Moon, Sea, Stars.
  • Fighter: Battle Master, Champion, Eldritch Knight, Psi Warrior.
  • Monk: Warrior of... Mercy, Shadow, The Elements, The Open Hand.
  • Paladin: Oath of... Devotion, Glory, The Ancients, Vengeance.
  • Ranger: Beast Master, Fey Wanderer, Gloom Stalker, Hunter.
  • Rogue: Arcane Trickster, Assassin, Soulknife, Thief.
  • Sorcerer: Aberrant Sorcery, Clockwork Sorcery, Draconic Sorcery, Wild Magic.
  • Warlock: Archfey Patron, Celestial Patron, Fiend Patron, Great Old One Patron.
  • Wizard: Abjurer, Diviner, Evoker, Illusionist.

Oofta

Legend
Supporter
I like it, but I hope additional classes for the cleric and the wizard are released soon. Both are so attached to the concepts of domains and schools of magic that it's weird creating a cleric of Mystra, for example, and having to fit it in some of these four domains.
Most subclasses from the old books should still be compatible with the new rules, but cleric is a bit of an oddball because they chose their domain at first level.

I wouldn't be surprised if book of player's options with many of the old subclasses redone comes out as one of the first supplements next year.

Horwath

Legend
I like it, but I hope additional classes for the cleric and the wizard are released soon. Both are so attached to the concepts of domains and schools of magic that it's weird creating a cleric of Mystra, for example, and having to fit it in some of these four domains.
Honestly, we could get away from spell schools specializations for wizards.

War magic,
Scribe,
chronomagic,
graviturgy,
elementalist,
mindbender,
force mage,

all could work better not being tied down to single school.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

Meech17

WotC President Runner-Up.
Honestly, we could get away from spell schools specializations for wizards.

War magic,
Scribe,
chronomagic,
graviturgy,
elementalist,
mindbender,
force mage,

all could work better not being tied down to single school.
I like the concept of the spell schools and specializations.. But I agree.. I'd rather just move away from them entirely rather than go at them half-cocked as they have been for as long as I've played D&D.

It's a cool idea, that ultimately doesn't matter. So if they don't want to make it matter, ax it.

Aldarc

Legend
I would probably pick "Life" if I just wanted to lean into being a more generic Cleric, and I would pick "Light" if I wanted to possibly pick up some fiery arcane spells like Fireball.

Remove ads

Remove ads