Keeping track of bloodied, marked, etc...

Obergnom

First Post
During our session yesterday, a player in my group started using her rings as markers, because the chips we usually use were not at hand. It worked brilliant. I guess it is somewhat like the pipe cleaners. If I could just get a bunch of colored platic rings somewhere, it would be perfekt (Because using her rings is not a solution for the future :) )

WhatGravitas

Explorer
During our session yesterday, a player in my group started using her rings as markers, because the chips we usually use were not at hand. It worked brilliant. I guess it is somewhat like the pipe cleaners. If I could just get a bunch of colored platic rings somewhere, it would be perfekt (Because using her rings is not a solution for the future :) )
Hehe - that works well! We're using red paper rings for that right now.

And purple for curses, green for quarry, and yellow for divine challenge.

Cheers, LT.

Syrsuro

First Post
I was watching to see the different ways that DMs at GenCon tracked such things.

And so far the winner for simplicity was a DM who had a multicolored set of post-it flags. As an effect was applied, he just stuck the flag to the mini's base, and removed it when the effect was done. Simple, quick and color-coded. What more could you want...

And if you find yourself with more effects than you have colors (not too likely but possible) you can always make a note on the flag as well.

Carl

sdt

First Post
The 'pipe cleaners' are called Chenille Stems and you can pick up a bag of multi colored ones at the Dollar store, Meijer, or any craft store.

Remove ads