• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Keeping track of bloodied, marked, etc...

Obergnom

First Post
During our session yesterday, a player in my group started using her rings as markers, because the chips we usually use were not at hand. It worked brilliant. I guess it is somewhat like the pipe cleaners. If I could just get a bunch of colored platic rings somewhere, it would be perfekt (Because using her rings is not a solution for the future :) )

WhatGravitas

Explorer
During our session yesterday, a player in my group started using her rings as markers, because the chips we usually use were not at hand. It worked brilliant. I guess it is somewhat like the pipe cleaners. If I could just get a bunch of colored platic rings somewhere, it would be perfekt (Because using her rings is not a solution for the future :) )
Hehe - that works well! We're using red paper rings for that right now.

And purple for curses, green for quarry, and yellow for divine challenge.

Cheers, LT.

Syrsuro

First Post
I was watching to see the different ways that DMs at GenCon tracked such things.

And so far the winner for simplicity was a DM who had a multicolored set of post-it flags. As an effect was applied, he just stuck the flag to the mini's base, and removed it when the effect was done. Simple, quick and color-coded. What more could you want...

And if you find yourself with more effects than you have colors (not too likely but possible) you can always make a note on the flag as well.

Carl

sdt

First Post
The 'pipe cleaners' are called Chenille Stems and you can pick up a bag of multi colored ones at the Dollar store, Meijer, or any craft store.

Remove ads