5E Keith Baker: Exploring Eberron

Eberron creator Keith Baker has been busy recently! He has unveiled the cover to his new book, to be released in December March soon (TM) on DMs Guild in PDF and Print on Demand hardcover. It will dive into parts of Eberron that have received little attention in prior books, including the undersea civilizations and the planes.

1574272975183.png

He's also started a series of blog posts now that Rising from the Last War is out:
Also, check out the KB Presents Twitter for more previews

EDIT: Official title now!

Last edited:

Comments

ChaosOS

Adventurer

No release news but Keith has a minor illness so probably pushed back a week. Given that it's halfway through the month and there's no "Got the proofs!" Tweet yet I'm guessing it's gonna be early or mid April?

Huh, that was some interesting stuff. I like the idea of using magical blades to perform soul surgery. That is some cool imagery

ChaosOS

Adventurer
New Preview

Re: Release, it sounds like the book's planes section is having a bit of page creep because Keith doesn't want to make people feel like he's going to need to cover it again in the next book.

EDIT: Tweet got deleted, sharing the image

Last edited:

ChaosOS

Adventurer

Ah, they took the tweet down so Keith could keep the image for this new blog post. Relevant news (not news to Patreon subscribers)

March has continued to be a crazy time. I was helping with gaming events on the JoCo Cruise, so I just returned from a week on the oceans… and I did come back sick, though fortunately not with Covid-19. So I’ve been recovering from that and adjusting to the new pace of life on land. I am still writing, and this means that we don’t have a firm release date for Exploring Eberron yet; I will tell you as soon as we do. However, editing and layout continue on the completed sections of the book. Wayne Chang and Laura Hirsbrunner have been working tirelessly to keep things moving forward, and I wanted to share the week’s previews!

ChaosOS

Adventurer
Keith's turning his quarantine time into writing time

ChaosOS

Adventurer
More Tairnadal Q&A. Frankly, I'm not sure even now I get what the metaphysical status of the Valenar ancestors is supposed to be - it feels like Keith shifts a bit every time it's asked.

ChaosOS

Adventurer
Another yesterday, this time about goblinoid magic users

One on Lhazaar and Prince Ryger. Do people find it helpful that I'm posting these here? Or is this just spam?

I find it useful to have these listed like this, and have used this as a reference before. It's kind of better-organised than Keith's site haha.

One on Lhazaar and Prince Ryger. Do people find it helpful that I'm posting these here? Or is this just spam?

It’s very helpful! Thank you. I just wish we knew when Exploring Eberron will be released

ChaosOS

Adventurer
It'll be released when it's done. The producer and editor have publicly commented the book just keeps getting longer, which is delaying its release.

tetrasodium

Adventurer
It'll be released when it's done. The producer and editor have publicly commented the book just keeps getting longer, which is delaying its release.
Keith, Artists, & so on involved in it, probably all have a sudden influx of time on their hands these days for completely unimaginable reasons I bet so it make sense 😥

Advertisement1

In Our Store!

Most Liked Threads

Advertisement2

Advertisement4