D&D 5E Keith Baker: Exploring Eberron

Eberron creator Keith Baker has been busy recently! He has unveiled the cover to his new book, to be released in July on DMs Guild in PDF and Print on Demand hardcover. It will dive into parts of Eberron that have received little attention in prior books, including the undersea civilizations and the planes.

Eberron creator Keith Baker has been busy recently! He has unveiled the cover to his new book, to be released in July on DMs Guild in PDF and Print on Demand hardcover. It will dive into parts of Eberron that have received little attention in prior books, including the undersea civilizations and the planes.

1574272975183.png

Keith sent Sly Flourish a PDF copy of the book, which Sly flipped through

Also, check out the KB Presents Twitter for past previews

ChaosOS

Legend
There's no stats for a Swordtooth Titan [T-Rex] in this edition yet, right? (Related - this is why I hate 5e druid mechanics, because then you have to homebrew every new beast for something more exotic than what's in the MM, plus there's wild variations within CR bands for "optimal" forms. I just want something more generic for each tier/band that lets me be what I want without worrying about gimping myself)

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
There's no stats for a Swordtooth Titan [T-Rex] in this edition yet, right? (Related - this is why I hate 5e druid mechanics, because then you have to homebrew every new beast for something more exotic than what's in the MM, plus there's wild variations within CR bands for "optimal" forms. I just want something more generic for each tier/band that lets me be what I want without worrying about gimping myself)
There's a T-Rex in the MM.

MarkB

Legend
When I first saw Wayfinders, that was the first character concept I thought up--a halfling moon Druid with a claw foot mount that can also turn into a claw foot (or other dinosaur).
I recently had a villain in my Eberron game who was an Awakened (through Mournland weirdness, not the spell) tyrannosaurus rex druid. So she was a tyrannosaur who could wildshape into a tyrannosaur. She led a pack of varied predators who had been terrorising halflings along the trade routes to Gatherhold down the western Talenta Plains.

ChaosOS

Legend
Fun fact, 5e took off size restrictions on lycanthropy. So you could have a bunch of dino-themed were-halflings, with the leader turning into a Swordtooth Titan...

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I recently had a villain in my Eberron game who was an Awakened (through Mournland weirdness, not the spell) tyrannosaurus rex druid. So she was a tyrannosaur who could wildshape into a tyrannosaur. She led a pack of varied predators who had been terrorising halflings along the trade routes to Gatherhold down the western Talenta Plains.
I sure hope you gave her the ability to ignore somatic component. Casting with those tiny arms would be a pain in a**. :p

Trance

Explorer
Awesome Blog so far, but i'm wondering if Exploring Eberron is going to detail out all the special materials form the previous editions. Crysteel, Byesk, etc...

Chaosmancer

Legend
Ooooh, I had never considered the implications of persona's and romance. That is really interesting stuff.

And, you know someone made a play about it. Heck, I want to write a story about it now.

Remove ads

Remove ads