D&D 5E Keith Baker Presents Closing Doors On Eberron

There's one more Eberron book coming

315887.png

Keith Baker has announced that his Eberron-based publishing company will be ending production after 4 years. The company, led by Eberron creator Keith Baker, produced four incredibly popular books on the Dungeon Master's Guild--Exploring Eberron, Chronicles of Eberron, Dread Metrol, and Eberron Confidential. There is one more book planned--Frontiers of Eberron: Quickstone will be released by Visionary Production and Design who will also be continuing publication of the four existing books.

Eberron is an official D&D world, and was introduced to 5E with Eberron: Rising form the Last War in 2019.

We appreciate all the support and enthusiasm that our fans brought these past four years, and it is with a heavy heart that we must inform you that on June 30, 2023 KB Presents will be closing its doors. It has been a joy and honor to bring you our version of Eberron and we are incredibly proud of what we have created.

As we pursue new challenges and opportunities, we leave the existing works under the stewardship of Visionary Production and Design (https://twitter.com/visionarypnd). This includes the following Dungeon Masters Guild titles:

Exploring Eberron: Exploring Eberron - Dungeon Masters Guild | Dungeon Masters Guild
Chronicles of Eberron: Chronicles of Eberron - Dungeon Masters Guild | Dungeon Masters Guild
Dread Metrol: Dread Metrol: Into the Mists - An Eberron / Ravenloft Crossover - Dungeon Masters Guild | Dungeon Masters Guild
Eberron Confidential: Eberron Confidential - Dungeon Masters Guild | Dungeon Masters Guild

If you would like to continue supporting the former KB Presents production team, you can find us at:

Laura Hirsbrunner, Editor: Laura Hirsbrunner
Imogen Gingell, Designer: Imogen Gingell
Wayne Chang, Producer: Adventuring Zone
Keith Baker, Lead Designer: Twogether Studios

Our final book, Frontiers of Eberron: Quickstone, is slated for release in the latter half of 2023 and will be published under Visionary. We appreciate your taking this journey with us and we look forward to our paths crossing once again.

Thank you!

Faolyn

(she/her)
How was Spelljammer "butchered"? It basically only needed about 20 - 30 pages more, and it would have been great. What we got was a bit disappointing just from lack of page count, but nothing in there really went against the spirit of the setting (I guess ultra-purists might complain about replacing the Phlogiston with the Astral, but that was already a well worn house rule variant long before this set came out).
It lacked nearly all of the lore, had none of the original factions or religions (or even modified/updated versions of them), had very dull monsters (such as changing the reigar from weird artists to simple murderers), and lacked rules for actual ship combat.

dave2008

Legend
Ouch. Was there just not enough interest in keep publishing for Eberron?
IDK about that, they are some of the best selling products on the Guild. However, right after the OGL mess Keith posted about possibly wanting to leave Eberron for a new adventure that he controls/owns. He asked his fans to let him know if he should continue with Eberron or try something new. I guess his decision is something new.

dave2008

Legend
It lacked nearly all of the lore, had none of the original factions or religions (or even modified/updated versions of them), had very dull monsters (such as changing the reigar from weird artists to simple murderers), and lacked rules for actual ship combat.
The only one of those that bothered my was lack of new ship combat crunch.

Hellcow

Adventurer
My one question is, will his Eberoon blog posts still stay up? Cuz his Spelljammer in Ebberon articles was BLOODY FANTASTIC! And I hate to see that one article go into the vapors.
Hi Everyone!
Thanks for all the good wishes. As noted in the tweet earlier, while I’m shifting my primary focus to my work with Twogether Studios, I still love Eberron and will continue to write articles for my blog and my Patreon… I’m doing an Eberron story hour tomorrow on my Patreon Discord! So I’m excited about the new things on the horizon and narrowing my focus, but I’ll keep writing Eberron articles as long as my Patrons keep asking for them. The existing books will still be available from Visionary Production and Design, and I'm still excited about Frontiers of Eberron. It's a shift, but it's not the end.

Last edited:

Remathilis

Legend
Hi Everyone!
Thanks for all the good wishes. As noted in the tweet earlier, while I’m shifting my primary focus to my work with Twogether Studios, I still love Eberron and will continue to write articles for my blog and my Patreon… I’m doing an Eberron story hour tomorrow on my Patreon Discord! So I’m excited about the new things on the horizon and narrowing my focus, but I’ll keep writing Eberron articles as long as my Patrons keep asking for them.
Thank you, Keith. I'm assuming you want to do other things after 20 years off-and-on working on Eberron. Look forward to your next endeavor.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Thank you.
Hi Everyone!
Thanks for all the good wishes. As noted in the tweet earlier, while I’m shifting my primary focus to my work with Twogether Studios, I still love Eberron and will continue to write articles for my blog and my Patreon… I’m doing an Eberron story hour tomorrow on my Patreon Discord! So I’m excited about the new things on the horizon and narrowing my focus, but I’ll keep writing Eberron articles as long as my Patrons keep asking for them.

Plaguescarred

D&D Playtester for WoTC since 2012
Thanks to all at KB Presents! Not good news in the world of D&D today that is. One of the best Eberron source will stop. KB Presents close and Keith Baker will work on other stuff with Twogether Studios. He could have done so without closing KB Presents, which to me it seams like cutting ties somehow....

dave2008

Legend
Thanks to all at KB Presents! Not good news in the world of D&D today that is. One of the best Eberron source will stop. KB Presents close and Keith Baker will work on other stuff with Twogether Studios. He could have done so without closing KB Presents, which to me it seams like cutting ties somehow....
I am not sure what you mean by "cutting ties," but he said he will still be writing Eberron content in the this post (#55) just three before yours. It just seems like he doesn't want to be publishing content for it anymore?

Remove ads

Remove ads