Kensai build - need opinions + input

Ardenian

First Post
i'm just learning about Prestige Classes - i probably have 20+ years of gaming experience - and about 2 months with the 3.5 rule set - all of my DnD came with v. 1.0.

i know the kensai has to "create his weapon" and i have an idea for it...

Take a Spiked Chain, and use the links as the blade for a Bastard Sword.. have them magicly fused together.. possibly 3 strands of chain tward the hilt, which tapers to 2, then 1 at the "business end" and have the edges sharpened... it would look like a frozen chain blade.

i'd like to use a special material like Mytherial(sp) or something else... i'm still toying with that.. additionally the Frozen Chain blade works with the Spiked Chain 2nd weapon. Add in some chain to the Helf or Full Plate armor and i'll have the desired "look"

human, possibly female.. but i'm not sure i can pull that off.. lol

Victim

First Post
Ardenian said:
sorry n00bie here..

what does "dip exotic weapon master" mean

additionally - i have no idea what "FTW" means

Exotic Weapon Master grants a number of special abilities that the character can pick -1 per level. So you'd want to take one level of EWM to Uncanny Blow, which doubles your STR bonus to damage (instead of x1.5) when using a one handed exotic weapon (like the bastard sword) in two hands. With a high STR score, the two handed bastard sword will actually be doing more damage than the greatsword. Combined with the Kensai's Power Surge, you can get even more mileage out of the the STR boost.

If you want a spiked chain as your secondary weapon, then you're probably not going to want a shield anyway (except maybe a buckler) to minimize the pain of switching, so using getting a bigger bonus out of the 2 handed bastard sword should help.

FTW = "For the Win" In other words, advantageous.

The Grackle

First Post
Do you use PsionicsHB? Because a Psychic Warrior needs a good . Being able to expend your Psionic focus (auto 15) on concentration checks is KILLER for a kensai with their STR boosting thing--whatever it's called. Not to mention their concentration-based saves.

You could go fight5/psi2 for FIVE bonus feats and a couple useful powers: Expansion, for example, or that one that give an insight bonus to attacks.

Remove ads