Kensai Weapons, and Monk Weapons In General

That’s fair, although I do think that pretty much all the smallish Weapons should be finesse even without considering Sneak Attack, but I also don’t care about protecting strength characters

It fits better with the ideas of realism/mental images I and my players have. Plus allows iconic rogue weapons like clubs and swords to be used effectively by rogues. We're not generally fans of spreading Finesse around too widely.

G

Guest 6801328

Unless I'm missing something, isn't the Way of the Glaive monk not proficient with... Glaives? :)

I'd probably add something like "You becomes proficient with all martial weapons with the Reach property, and can treat them as monk weapons for all monk class features. Additionally, the spear and the quarterstaff are considered Reach weapons when wielded by you."

Oh, it was a placeholder name. I didn't mean literally glaives. You can re-fluff a spear to have a differently shaped head if you want.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
It fits better with the ideas of realism/mental images I and my players have. Plus allows iconic rogue weapons like clubs and swords to be used effectively by rogues. We're not generally fans of spreading Finesse around too widely.

Fair enough. We tend to prefer less restriction, especially in cases where the current SQ feels less realistic to us than a less restrictive version would, as with handaxes.

I’m also considering the idea of a Greatbow that has a minimum str requirement.

Remove ads