Khemet - Epic Egyptian Campaign [IC and intro]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Runihuna hears Asar yell out that a spell was coming his way and makes a great vertical leap into the air.

ooc: sorry, couldn't stand it anymore lol. I had to post my next round stuff.

[sblock=Actions for my turn]
Runihuna's vertical jump. post 41 (1d20+20=36)

Attack and dmg post 41 (1d20+31=38, 7d6=25)

Runihuna will jump vertically to the balcony above him (my roll is high enough to jump 9 feet straight up) and then fire. If I can't land squarely on the balcony, then he will grab ahold and pull himself up instead of firing.

If he can fire, I would like to fire one of his magic arrows. I forgot the actual name of them, but they ignore all armor.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Nephtys

First Post
"Friends," Atseret cautions, "This is not an enemy we can defeat with mere force. We can subdue her for a time, but even that will be difficult and may work to our disadvantage. We should cease this battle and return better prepared."
He casts Repulsion, centered on himself (CL 19, dc 29) to keep Ammut from physically attacking the party.

ooc: He would rather have cast a Wall of Force to cut us off from the monsters attacks, but I don't want to interfere too much with the other players ability to fight her if they still want to.

Brazeku

First Post
After Atseret's warning, you see Ammut swing her head around slowly, her gaze following the ba spirits which swept past you down the alleyway. Almost immediately, Ammut charges, thundering towards you like a landslide; pieces of plaster and mud brick rain from the walls of the buildings as she bears down. She makes no attempt to attack anyone as she moves through, but the sheer force of her passage befits her nature: that of destruction made flesh.

Caster level check successful (hope you don't mind that I rolled this for you, Nephtys, the result was favorable)

Ammut's will save was successful

Ammut's damage roll

Damage is 51.

[sblock=ooc]This is the damage dealt as Ammut smashes through the party; it's considered an area effect attack. There's a reflex save to avoid the damage entirely but it's strength-based and prohibitively high, so really don't bother unless your reflex save is better than 30.[/sblock]

After Ammut bludgeons her way through the party, she quickly catches and completely engulfs the fleeing Ba-spirits. It wasn't much for her to overtake the tiny creatures and swallow them whole - and then she slows, snout raised high in the air as if sniffing for more prey.

All right, Minnefret's action!

Shayuri

First Post
Minnefret picks herself up off the ground, bruised and battered, and looks after the lumbering avatar with fury in her eyes. Even so, she holds up a hand and her voice rings loud in the minds of the others...

Hold your attacks! We might eventually send this manifestation back across the veil, but it would cost us dearly and take as much...or more...time as going to the temple and finding the invocations to send him back.

She produces a small, but ornate prayer rug from her satchel and unfurls it as she drops it onto the ground. The circular carpet, perhaps five feet across, never touches the earth though...instead coming to a rest hovering a few inches above the dusty, cracked stone.

I would not be surprised if the crocadile god has anticipated this, and placed minions around or even in the temple. Those of us who want to spill blood will surely get the chance.

From her mental tone, she may well be including herself in that description.

Last edited:

Brazeku

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Sorry about the delay, I had an enormous project to finish last week actually writing a mass of stat blocks. That is now thankfully out of the way.[/sblock]

After Minnefret takes to the air, Runihuna leaps atop one of the terraced balconies and fires an arrow deep into the creature's hide. A stream of white, glowing sand jets outward from the impact in a glimmering puff; you've clearly been wounding the Crocodile goddess, although you're not sure how badly.

From your new vantage points, Runihuna and Minnefret, you can see a tall, red-skinned man standing on the rooftops. He wears the vestments of a dockworker, but has the head of a falcon with burning eyes and carries a red-ringed crook with easy grace. The strange man is taking no effort to conceal himself, he was merely hidden from your view when you were in the high-walled alley beneath. There are probably two or three dozen of the translucent Ba-spirits clustered around his feet and on the flat roof he stands upon, with more constantly fading out of the air to land close to him.

The man meets your gaze briefly, then looks on as Ammut's head swings about, her nose raised high in search of more spirits to devour. Seeing this falcon-headed entity fills you with an unbidden emotion, one which is not your own: a strange sense of pity, mixed with contempt. (You realize that this being is very likely a guide of the dead, one of a host of guardians and lesser divine servants who is responsible for the guardianship of Ba-spirits while they remain in the mortal realm. He certainly matches the depictions you've seen carved into mortuary temple walls - typically he would be associated with a particular temple or region. If he is responsible for this region, he truly does have much to feel pity about.)

Brazeku

First Post
The Falcon-headed man meets the gazes of Runihuna and Minnefret steadily, and the whole party feels words slowly forming in their minds. They speak in a clear, bell-like voice.
“I see your marks! You are the Djeret-Netjer. Excellent.” The creature hovers above the edge of a building, its stance near motionless, its crook pointed slightly in your direction.
“I am Ran-Osiris; we have been expecting you - in fact your arrival is quite timely, thank Re. You are early. I will take our oracle’s error as a good sign,”
Ran-Osiris points his crook towards Ammut as she rampages down the alley.
“Ammut’s chains are broken. A mere servant such as myself has no strength left to bind her, especially given recent events. I wish to act and yet I cannot! While the demon’s fetters have shattered, I have been shackled anew; I speak to you through your thoughts as my kind have been stripped of their voices while in the mortal realm. This is how weak we have become. But thankfully, you still possess the power to deal with her - and with he who has unchained her, that cursed one.”
The minor divinity turns towards the city center and fixes the group with a fiery gaze.
“The temple of Osiris and the mortuary lay on the banks of the great river, I may use my voice there without fear. I am eager to return. Even now the Ba-spirits surrounding me will attract Ammut’s attention soon! I have no wish to be drawn into the void at her hands, so for now, this will occupy her.”
Ran-Osiris traces a pattern in the air with his left hand, and a heavy stone sarcophagus manifests in the center of the alleyway in a shower of glittering light. More words begin to form in your minds.
”I do not enjoy raiding the mortuary in this way, but there is little option. That sarcophagus is the home of a very ancient ba-spirit, a ba-spirit that Ammut would be most happy to devour. Such a spirit must remain nearby its mortal body during the day in most circumstances. Ammut will take perhaps a day and a night to break through the ancient wards woven around the casket in order to reach the rare spirit within. During that time she will not approach the temple. Come, follow me.”

The strange, falcon-headed man alights next to the sarcophagus in the center of the alleyway. As his gaze sweeps over the party you all perceive a twinge of uncertainty, perhaps fear, beneath his cool and stoic facade.

Shayuri

First Post
Minnefret seems taken aback by the revelations of the godling, but takes it in stride. In moments she's swooping down on her carpet and following where he leads.

Remove ads