• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Killing your best friend for treasure

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
blackshirt5 said:
I hate sociopath characters. Had to deal with them when I was a player so now I absolutely refuse to deal with them as a DM.
They are okay when they are on the otherside of the coin Blacky.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
The 'excuses' wouldn't interest me. If one of my players' character killed an NPC that was supposed to be a childhood friend, that PC would become evil. And I don't allow evil PCs in my games. So it would be new character time.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Buttercup said:
The 'excuses' wouldn't interest me. If one of my players' character killed an NPC that was supposed to be a childhood friend, that PC would become evil. And I don't allow evil PCs in my games. So it would be new character time.
Have to agree with Buttercup on this one. Early in our group's history one of the PC's killed his best childhood friend, but the friend had been turned into vampire, so I'd say that's a bit different.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
blackshirt5 said:
What do you mean by that, Sage?
Blacky,

When such characters are "villians" or at least anatagonists.

I also agree with Buttercup that killing childhood friends is wrong. However killing a childhood friend that became a villian is okay. ;)

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Scarbonac said:
In our group's games, we tend to not do that sort of thing (although if the player leaves his background too vague "Uh, I think his family's all dead; there was a red-haired girl he liked once. I'm hungry." he could be in for a narsty li'l surprise or 5 later on).

You just wrote my next characters background... ;)

TTFN

EvilE

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Silver Moon said:
Early in our group's history one of the PC's killed his best childhood friend, but the friend had been turned into vampire, so I'd say that's a bit different.
Good heavens, yes. More along the lines of an act of mercy.

Endur

First Post
<color=yellow>"gollum"</color>

Iron_Chef said:
So in tonight's game, a PC killed his "best friend from childhood" when said NPC (a member of local law enforcement) threatened to turn the pirate treasure they'd just found in the sewers over to the local authorities ...Is this type of behavior common? I mean, I know players don't like anyone to get between them and their treasure, but... :p

Remove ads