KK1: Grotto of the Kuo-toa (Gh & Dar -> rest of PCs)

Walking Dad

First Post
ooc: actually, if north is up on the map, Belkar wants to move one up, next to N'H (possible OAs if he tries somthing ranged. I like melee distance).

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Gerold the Black AC:35 Fort: 30 Ref:27 Will:25 hp:76(121)/135

Gerold will assume no help can reach him in time and draw on his own reserves;
healing (2d6+36=45)
save vs slow (1d20+1=9)
Using Iron Warrior he will heal 45 hit points but remain slowed.
He will delay until after Jack and Lasra just in case and struggle forward moving to O8. If he shakes off slow from clerical intervention, he will move then charge to g7 (+20, 1d8+11 dm can roll if this should take place)

industrygothica

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]Gharesh should have a life spark each for the servitors and anyone else who's fallen that was cursed; he also should be in Q4 instead of Q5 unless something moved him that I missed.[/sblock]

As the servitors fall Gharesh sets his gaze on the slime mage (ASa) and calls on his eldritch powers to use the thing to serve his own will; a blast of eldritch energy bursts forth from the creature and blasts the staff in the master aboleth's clutches.

[sblock=actions]
According to the description, ASa shouldn't know that I've use EotW on it.

Perception 9 (1d20 9=27)
Arcana 17 (1d20 17=20)

Minor action: Eye of the Warlock on ASa
Standard action: Eldritch Blast on staff (effect originates from ASa)

Eldritch Blast vs. Ref (Staff) 18; 1d10 10 damage (1d20 18=34, 1d10 10=16)[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=Gharesh]
[sblock=ooc]Gharesh should have a life spark each for the servitors and anyone else who's fallen that was cursed; he also should be in Q4 instead of Q5 unless something moved him that I missed.[/sblock]

As the servitors fall Gharesh sets his gaze on the slime mage (ASa) and calls on his eldritch powers to use the thing to serve his own will; a blast of eldritch energy bursts forth from the creature and blasts the staff in the master aboleth's clutches.

[sblock=actions]
According to the description, ASa shouldn't know that I've use EotW on it.

Perception 9 (1d20 9=27)
Arcana 17 (1d20 17=20)

Minor action: Eye of the Warlock on ASa
Standard action: Eldritch Blast on staff (effect originates from ASa)

Eldritch Blast vs. Ref (Staff) 18; 1d10 10 damage (1d20 18=34, 1d10 10=16)[/sblock]
[/sblock]
ooc: that's another life spark for the downed servitor (you used the other one to do the mass curse thing right?)

The aboleth, lining up another shot of psychic goo, doesn't seem to notice when the cunning warlock's blast emanates from it's backside and strikes the staff containing the Eye of the Great One

[sblock=Darrack]
With typical dwarven tenacity, Darrak moves forward, pushing the aboleth back through the portal and finally shakes off the haze from his head.

[sblock=OoC]Use Inexorable Shift to move to W11 and push 2 the occupying Aboleth straight back, through the portal. It is no longer marked since Darrak did not attack it.

Save vs. Daze (1d20=20). Finally!

Use Unbreakable if the lasher hits Darrak, to reduce the damage by 10.[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Darrak drives the aboleth back through the gateway. It looks like there are at least a few more on the far side, all trying to work their way into the gate.

[sblock=From the compendium]Effect: Shift into any adjacent square. If a creature occupies the square into which you shift, you push that creature 1 square.

So it's only part way back through the gate, right?

Or you have a power that lets you make the push 1 a push 2?[/sblock]

Round 5

[sblock=Gerold]
Gerold will assume no help can reach him in time and draw on his own reserves;
healing (2d6+36=45)
save vs slow (1d20+1=9)
Using Iron Warrior he will heal 45 hit points but remain slowed.
He will delay until after Jack and Lasra just in case and struggle forward moving to O8. If he shakes off slow from clerical intervention, he will move then charge to g7 (+20, 1d8+11 dm can roll if this should take place)
[/sblock]
Like a tankard of bad ale it doesn't look like Gerold will be going down easily.
He through dazed eyes seems to be looking at Lasra and Jack expectantly.

[sblock=Status]N'h the aboleth glyphmaster injured
The Eye of the Great One: damaged

ASb -68
------------cursed: Gharesh
------------ongoing 5 poison (save ends)
ASa Aboleth Slime Mage -10

new Aboleth Lasher - -44
------------marked: Darrak

Aboleth Servitors - dead again; at least until it spends a free action to use the artifact to bring them back again.

Aeloishi 79/107

Belkar 87/116
-------dazed (save ends)
-------waterwalking
Darrak 107/122

Gerold 121/135
-------slowed (save ends) slow sets movement to 2 (so you can move one.... :eek:).
Gharesh 97/124
-------concealed
-------Life Sparks: 2
Jack 93/119
-------dazed (save ends)
Lukalos 79/87
-------+2 all defenses (second wind)
Lasra 76/105
-----waterwalking
[/sblock]

Attachments

• KK1_F1_R5_init_25 (bf pcs).jpg
    KK1_F1_R5_init_25 (bf pcs).jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Victim

First Post
Lasra again produces a bow of light, firing it into the nearby lasher and attempting to break fish monster's hold on him with her power.

With a heroic effort, she makes a second shot, but it goes astray. She acts quickly to deflect blame: "Darrak, wait until after I'm done shooting before you shove it out of the way."

Then the elf makes a break for the un-gooed area.

[sblock]Sacred Flame on the Lasher, attack roll is 31, damage is 16 radiant, granted save to Belker is 18, so he's undazed. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1675285/

Action point: Sacred flame on the lasher, attack roll is 20, damage is 17, save is 3. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1675287/

Move Action: walk to O12.

:( Dang, that was weak. Sorry, I'm not going ending the slow. Hopefully Jack will come through. [/sblock]

BTW, it looks like the slime at the top right of the map is messed up.

[sblock]
Lasra 76/105 waterwalking.
Powers used: Entrall, Divine Aid

AP: 0. Bonus move action later in the encounter.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post

Redclaw

First Post
Time to earn my keep, Lukalos says as he moves forward, ignoring the risk to himself. As he gets close to the aboleths he gestures and lets a destructive blast of thunder rolling toward the creatures.

[sblock=ooc] Move to M8, use Arcane Reach to cast Thunderlance originating in square K8, two squares up, two down, and five across, should get me all three slime mages, 24 vs ASc, 36 vs ASa and 37 vs ASbvs. reflex for 32 damage. If any are bloodied, the attack role is at +1. Any affected target is pushed 5 squares. [/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stat-Block]
Hit Points:79/87 Bloodied: 43
Healing Surge: 21 Surges per day: 7
Initiative: +7
Speed: 6
Perception: 21 Insight: 26
Action Points: 1

AC 29 Fortitude 23 Reflex 28 Will 24

Encounter: Infernal Wrath
Battle Edge
Spectral Ram
Forceful Retort
Thunderlance
Combust
Shield

Daily: Fireball
Lightning Serpent
Prismatic Beams
Dispel Magic
Blur
Arcane Rejuvenation
Greater Invisibility

Equipment Powers:
Frost effect (dagger)
Orb of drastic resolutions
Resist 10 (Cloak)
Resist 5 weapon (Belt)
Water walk (Boots)

[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
ooc: LUKALOS STILL HAS HIS ACTION POINT. See OOC Thread.
ASlimes moved artbitarily to closest legal point.

[sblock=Status]N'h the aboleth glyphmaster injured
The Eye of the Great One: damaged

ASb -100
------------BLOODIED
------------cursed: Gharesh
ASa Aboleth Slime Mage -42

new Aboleth Lasher - -77
------------marked: Darrak

Aboleth Servitors - dead again; at least until it spends a free action to use the artifact to bring them back again.

Aeloishi 79/107

Belkar 87/116
-------dazed (save ends) removed by lasra
-------waterwalking

Darrak 107/122

Gerold 121/135
unslowed by jack

Gharesh 97/124
-------concealed
-------Life Sparks: lots (like 8 or something)

Jack 93/119

Lukalos 79/87

Lasra 76/105
-----waterwalking
[/sblock]

Attachments

• KK1_F1_R5_init_25 (bf belkars).jpg
    KK1_F1_R5_init_25 (bf belkars).jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 77

Walking Dad

First Post
Finally able to move normally, Belkar take a short swing at the other aboleth to cover his following of N'H.

[sblock=ooc]
Thanks ending the effect :)

Hit and run (attack, damage) (1d20+19=28, 1d8+10=18)

Move up next tp N'H.

I think this is no hit. So he takes five damage. The prevent OA feature is an effect and functions as such regardless of hitting

AC: 32 (18+5+4+1+4)
Fort: 28 (18+5+1+4)
Reflex: 29 (18+5+1+1+4)
Will: 24 (18+2+4)

HP: 87 / 116 (17x5)+7+14+10
THP: 0

AP: 0
Second Wind: 1

I slash out used powers on the character sheet.
[/sblock]

Remove ads