Kobold Dragon Shield mark?

Ruined

Explorer
Ran my second playtest tonight, much fun was had. This group had six players instead of five from the other night (I'm very, very fortunate in my locale). So I threw in a Kobold Dragon Shield to spice the fights up. Their base attack is listed as:

Short Sword (standard; at-will) • Weapon +7 vs. AC; 1d6+3 damage, and the target is marked until the end of the Kobold dragonshield’s next turn.

But nowhere on the sheet do I see anything about the mark having a deleterious effect. Is the fighter mark the default standard, where it gives the target -2 to attack rolls? I was expecting there to be a description or later effect to be used for the mark, much like the Fighter and Paladin sheets.

I'm sure I missed it somewhere.

castro3nw

First Post
It's not exactly that the fighter's mark is the basic mark. There's not a 'mark' per say.
Things give you the "marked" condition. It's described on pg 277 of the PHB.

MARKED
✦ You take a –2 penalty to attack rolls for any attack
that doesn’t target the creature that marked you.

Ninja-to

First Post
It's not exactly that the fighter's mark is the basic mark. There's not a 'mark' per say.

I looked for that during game, for some strange reason couldn't find it either in the PHB or on my DM screen. As soon as I take a look after posting here, I find it... sigh.

Thanks guys sorry for the sillyness. I *DID* try and find it though. Can't believe I missed it.

DracoSuave

First Post
This is the one situation where I miss the old 'glossary' they used to have in the 3e PHB. That was a good thing to have, IMHO.

Nail

First Post

I looked for that during game, for some strange reason couldn't find it either in the PHB or on my DM screen. As soon as I take a look after posting here, I find it... sigh.

Thanks guys sorry for the sillyness. I *DID* try and find it though. Can't believe I missed it.
Wow.

See? This "marked" thingy (a condition) isn't as obvious as it should be, just as I pointed out here.

Remove ads