D&D 5E Kobold Press and their products

kevbeck45

Explorer
I'm convinced. I have a world I am using already, my own mixed with Harn, but the Tomb of Beasts and Creature Codex and maybe the Heroes Handbook just for the additional character options look like pick ups for me. Thanks! I'm also going to look at the Kobold Guides. I am a sucker for good worldbuilding and GM info.

BSuskind

Villager
@kevbeck45 - You had already decided to check us out by the time I saw this thread but I figured I’d throw in my two cents. For the record, I’m one of the KP designers, so I really like our stuff.

That said, one thing we do that sets us apart is designers like me routinely respond to posts on our Kobold Press Facebook site. We answer setting questions from fans, adding little cool design things from time to time.
I'm convinced. I have a world I am using already, my own mixed with Harn, but the Tomb of Beasts and Creature Codex and maybe the Heroes Handbook just for the additional character options look like pick ups for me. Thanks! I'm also going to look at the Kobold Guides. I am a sucker for good worldbuilding and GM info.

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
I have all the KP monster books....and I would recommend all of them. There is a pretty good variety of CR ratings of monsters, and very few that are just basic humanoids without some sort of tricky power up their sleeves.

The artwork is good for showing off the creatures to the players and they seem to try to dona good job covering some blind spots in the official monster books.

My ONLY complaint with them, and it's super minor and easily ignored, is they are not great at monster naming. Some names honest to goodness look like a cat walked across a keyboard.

Also, if you like to use monster cards, Inkwell Ideas has partnered with KP and offers a full set of cards for use at the table.

Remove ads