D&D 5E [Kobold Press] Book of Ebon Tides: 5th Edition enters the Plane of Shadow!

HammerMan

Legend
I think Kickstarter gets to decide what their service is meant for, and they’re clearly happy with Kobold Press’ presence on their platform.
of course they do, and I get to be unhappy and wait until the kick starter is over to buy it if I wish too?

again, I was reacting to someone who is either not there or blocked me now, I am not here to argue, I was explaining why a big company may not act like a small one and expressing something that I really thought was a minor annoyance

Riley

Legend
Supporter
Wrath of the River King and Courts of the Shadow Fey are my favorite Kobold Press books. I’m definitely in for this one!

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
of course they do, and I get to be unhappy and wait until the kick starter is over to buy it if I wish too?

Well, you're really waiting until the product is finished and released to buy it... you know, like everyone else for every product ever.

The product isn't actually made when a KS is launched, and releasing a product on the website doesn't mean it's going to be made faster.

HammerMan

Legend
Well, you're really waiting until the product is finished and released to buy it... you know, like everyone else for every product ever.

The product isn't actually made when a KS is launched, and releasing a product on the website doesn't mean it's going to be made faster.
right... I get that, it is like a preorder...like I said.

If 2 people are writing a book, 1 with no name recognition no public reputation to stand on, and the other a big company with years of good products, only 1 has the ability to 'just' do pre orders... heck where maybe the person has a bunch of capitol to throw at it the established company almost for sure does... that is all I mean.

So yes I am waiting for it to be done. I will buy it (depending on reviews) then.

If Joe bob the random guy on here ran a kick starter though I would be WAY more likely to Kick start it because if it doesn't get kick started it will not be made... however I also understand that Joe Bob the random dude HAS to put more examples out so we know what we are getting... a big company with years of books forming a library of work doesn't need to, they will have people buy just on name recognition.

Dax Doomslayer

Adventurer
KP content and quality is always great. My soul wish on these is if there was an option at a reduced rate to get the Hardcover and VTT version. I really don't need the PDF with the VTT version and the only way to get this is to do an Add-On which makes it close to $100 which is a bit "pricey" for me so then it becomes a choice and I'm on of those who can't stand reading books electronically.

Remove ads