Kobold Press' MIDGARD Campaign Setting For 5E & Pathfinder

Over on Kickstarter, Kobold Press has launched an updated version of their Midgard campaign setting for D&D 5th Edition and the Pathfinder RPG. It's already funded, and consists of a 300+ page campaign setting book, plus separate supplemental books for each game system, and a book of short 5E adventures. For those not already familiar with Midgard, it has been around for a few years in various incarnations, and describes itself as "a world of dark roads and deep magic, firmly rooted in European myths and legends". You'll find the Kickstarter here.

Over on Kickstarter, Kobold Press has launched an updated version of their Midgard campaign setting for D&D 5th Edition and the Pathfinder RPG. It's already funded, and consists of a 300+ page campaign setting book, plus separate supplemental books for each game system, and a book of short 5E adventures. For those not already familiar with Midgard, it has been around for a few years in various incarnations, and describes itself as "a world of dark roads and deep magic, firmly rooted in European myths and legends". You'll find the Kickstarter here.

midgard.jpeg

There are a few options for backers. Most people seem to be going for the 5E Basic Books Combo for $80 so far, which gets you the campaign setting hardcover, the Heroes Handbook hardcover, and the PDF versions of each. There's a lot more info about Midgard over here on Kobold Press' website.

arjomanes

Explorer
OK, I bit the bullet and purchased the 5e Deluxe Combo for both the DM and Players books in hardcover and the adventure PDFs. . . Hoping to see lots of new content and great adventures.

Monkey King

Explorer
Bearfolk? I'm thinking ranger, druid, or barbarian.

Yes, seems like Bearfolk will work well for all those options. Lots of expansion for them to include racial variants and probably some spells or rituals unique to the race.

EDIT TO ADD: Thank you for your support, Arjomanes!

Raddu

Explorer
Less than 52 hours left! Join us now, before it's too late!
We’ve talked before about what you can expect to see in the 5th Edition Heroes Handbook. But since then, a ton of new content has been added to it via stretch goals—to the point that it's grown into an altogether new and different book from the humble tome we envisioned!

Read on for the highlights and to see the Table of Contents.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...tting-dark-roads-and-deep-magic/posts/1812441

OK, I bit the bullet and purchased the 5e Deluxe Combo for both the DM and Players books in hardcover and the adventure PDFs. . . Hoping to see lots of new content and great adventures.

I've just backed for everything 5E in PDF.

I'd like to upgrade to the 5E Deluxe Combo, but shipping to Australia is (understandably) $42. That makes it USD$157, which is almost $100 extra for 2 hardcover books. I'm not sure I can justify that extra cost to myself just to have paper versions as well as digital.

The $100K additions really take the book into a new class. And we have a slew of Deep Magic being added to the player's book.

Personally, I have my sights set on the DM's Screen when we hit 1,000 backers. Currently a 3 panel, landscape screen is the plan. Anyone have strong feelings about landscape vs portrait? Or 3 panel vs. 4 panel?

I'm a little late to reply, so this decision may already be made, but I strongly prefer landscape over portrait as it doesn't cut off the DM from the players as much.

I'm ambivalent about 3 panels vs 4.

Monkey King

Explorer
I'd like to upgrade to the 5E Deluxe Combo, but shipping to Australia is (understandably) $42. That makes it USD$157, which is almost $100 extra for 2 hardcover books. I'm not sure I can justify that extra cost to myself just to have paper versions as well as digital.

Yes, we actually heard from an Australian partner that might help bring shipping to Australia/NZ down a little, but it's a lot of additional logistical complexity for a fairly small savings. We just haven't cracked the overseas shipping nut as well as we'd like.

Remove ads

Remove ads