Kobold Press' MIDGARD Campaign Setting For 5E & Pathfinder

Over on Kickstarter, Kobold Press has launched an updated version of their Midgard campaign setting for D&D 5th Edition and the Pathfinder RPG. It's already funded, and consists of a 300+ page campaign setting book, plus separate supplemental books for each game system, and a book of short 5E adventures. For those not already familiar with Midgard, it has been around for a few years in various incarnations, and describes itself as "a world of dark roads and deep magic, firmly rooted in European myths and legends". You'll find the Kickstarter here.
Over on Kickstarter, Kobold Press has launched an updated version of their Midgard campaign setting for D&D 5th Edition and the Pathfinder RPG. It's already funded, and consists of a 300+ page campaign setting book, plus separate supplemental books for each game system, and a book of short 5E adventures. For those not already familiar with Midgard, it has been around for a few years in various incarnations, and describes itself as "a world of dark roads and deep magic, firmly rooted in European myths and legends". You'll find the Kickstarter here.

midgard.jpeg

There are a few options for backers. Most people seem to be going for the 5E Basic Books Combo for $80 so far, which gets you the campaign setting hardcover, the Heroes Handbook hardcover, and the PDF versions of each. There's a lot more info about Midgard over here on Kobold Press' website.

Lanliss

Explorer
We took your advice and made a new mockup! It's landscape, and 4 panels. Take a look.

for my DM screen, I would like 4 panel landscape. My ideal GM screen though (no offense to your own preferences) would be to have plastic sleeves capable of fitting 3x5 index cards, so I can customize what I need for my campaign. Having those sleeves over whatever tables you already have on the screen would be awesome. I am fully aware that kicks up the price, but I figure we are talking in a "if you could have anything" sense, since you don't have a final product.

Also, congrats on how fast people are eating those stretch goals up here at the end. Is that 3 in the past two days now?

Yes, we actually heard from an Australian partner that might help bring shipping to Australia/NZ down a little, but it's a lot of additional logistical complexity for a fairly small savings. We just haven't cracked the overseas shipping nut as well as we'd like.

I totally understand that shipping from the US to Australia sucks (especially since the options now are basically fast and expensive or super fast and even more expensive!) and you're just charging what the postal companies are charging you. It sucks, but that's the situation those of us in Australia face.

I caved on getting the Tome of Beasts and Book of Lairs in hardcover last Kickstarter (plus the pawns), but I think I'll stick with digital this time around and maybe get the books in hardcover at a later date.

Monkey King

Explorer
And WOW, we just hit our second stretch goal of the day: the Star Citadel and the Void Lore section added to the Midgard Campaign hardcover. Very nice addition to the Deep Magic: Elemental Magic that we added earlier today, and the Bearfolk options from last night.

Lot of great momentum heading to the last couple days here. Thank you!

Raddu

Explorer
We're in the final 30 hours of the Midgard Kickstarter! Pledge now before it's too late for a new 5e setting. We're a fan of other companies making cool things, so here you go, bask in some amazing RPG goodness. And there are a few more tidbits and updates about Midgard including the Pathfinder Player's Guide Preview.

Share with your friends, encourage them to join us and pledge $1.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...tting-dark-roads-and-deep-magic/posts/1814417

Marc Radle

Legend
He speaks the truth!

We've passed $168,000 AND 1,600 backers - the final day is getting kinda crazy! :)

Even MORE new stretch goals have been unveiled:
  • Dragon Magic
  • More awesome heraldry art
  • Yet another Eldritch Lair
  • Shadows of the Dusk Queen adventure for 5E and Pathfinder (I'm particularly stoked about this one! :)

Latest Update: Goblins, Tarrasques, Spin Control, Pathfinder Guide, & Strange Noises.

The Midgard Campaign Setting kickstarter ends in just over 1 day!!!

If you've been holding off to decide if you wanted to back or not - now is the time to pull that trigger!!! :)

Marc Radle

Legend
OK, this is it! Only 5 hours left!!!

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!! (good luck getting that out of your head for the rest of the day - you're welcome :) )

We're just under $182,000 and we're closing in on 1,800 backers!

Only about 200 more backers (even a new backer pledging a single $1 counts!) and Midgard Open World becomes a reality

Dragon Magic, a ton of additional awesome heraldry art, and another Eldritch Lair have all been unlocked.

Next up is the Shadows of the Dusk Queen adventure for Pathfinder and 5E and then after that, who knows?

The Midgard Campaign Setting kickstarter ends TODAY!!!

lkj

Hero
So in case anyone is wavering-- less than an hour left. They are about 100 backers short of making Midgard an open world equivalent to what WotC is doing with Forgotten Realms on DM's Guild.

If you pledge $1, you get access to the backer kit and good deals on the books a few months from now. Just saying, a $1 pledge is a good way to hedge if you still aren't sure . . .

AD

Remove ads

Remove ads