D&D 5E Kobold Press' Tome of Beasts Joins D&D Beyond

400 monsters for D&D 5E.

638459347386150459.jpeg

Tome of Beasts is the latest third party book to appear on D&D Beyond. The book, first published by Kobold Press in 2016, contains over 400 monsters for D&D 5E.

You can pick it up on DDB for $39.99.

Whether you need dungeon vermin or world-shaking villains, Tome of Beasts 1 has it. This book presents foes suitable for any campaign setting—from tiny drakes and peculiar spiders to demon lords and ancient dragons.

These monsters have been designed so that GMs can use them in their favorite settings for fantasy adventure. This monstrous tome contains:
  • More than 400 new monsters for use with the D&D Beyond Encounters tool.
  • Updated with errata, streamlined mechanics, and new monster art from the original Tome of Beasts.
  • Expansive tables that organize creatures by challenge rating, creature type, and terrain.[/callout[

mamba

Legend
With MOST digital media, in my experience, any discounts are controlled by the publisher, the owner . . . not the retailer.
DTRPG frequently discounts titles that do not have the same discount on the publisher’s site, and sometimes the reverse is true as well

It sure looks like DTRPG is deciding to discount the title / have a sale, the publisher can choose to participate in it or not

Reynard

Legend
DTRPG frequently discounts titles that do not have the same discount on the publisher’s site, and sometimes the reverse is true as well

It sure looks like DTRPG is deciding to discount the title / have a sale, the publisher can choose to participate in it or not
Someone on here must sell via DTRPG and can shed some light on the issue.

ETA: here's what the DTRPG publishing page has to say:

More Control​

As a Publishing Partner with OneBookShelf, you choose what titles you wish to list on our site, what the price of those titles will be, when they go live for sale, whether you want your titles included in site-wide sales and promotions

Zarithar

Adventurer
I can't think of a single negative thing to say about this. They are bringing over 3rd party content from several of the best publishers out there and I love to see it. Honestly, the 3rd party content they have added thus far is so far superior to anything officially published by WotC over the past few years... it is frankly the justification I need to maintain my sub and keep running my 5e games online.
Here's hoping that this is just the tip of the iceberg and we see more Kobold Press, Ghostfire Gaming, etc. Would love to see some smaller 3p publishers like Nord Games up there as well with their own great bestiaries (Revenge of the Horde etc).

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
Todd from WotC talks with Wolfgang Baur about his favorite Mosnsters from the new Kobold Press release on D&D Beyond. the classic Tome of Beasts I.

I'm not too surprised to see Kobold Press working with WotC on this, the business case is probably rock solid, and Baur has a long history with WotC.

I mentioned this way back on a thread about Drakkenheim that I would love to have kobold press 5e contents added to Beyond... It was commented not likely because they were focusing on Tales of the Valiant...

I guess dreams do come true. Thank you WotC, keep doing the right thing please.

Remove ads

Remove ads