• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

KotS_Zombies question for other DMs_Possible Spolier

scadgrad

First Post
Hey Gang,

I'm taking a look at 4E after 3+ years of C&C and will be demoing it at some point in the next week or so. I've got a question though concerning the new zombie. While I really, really dig the simplicity of the new monster entries, what the heck is going on w/ the grabbin' zombies? I mean, yeah, so they grab the PC, but then what? Can they inflict their slam attack on the poor unfortunate PC on the next round? Do other zombies get a bonus to hit said PC? To the other DMs, how did you handle these encounters?

Voss

First Post
The target is immobilized and grants combat advantage to other enemies.
So the other zombies do get a bonus to hit him (+2), and he can't move unless he gives spends a move action to try to escape.

Not sure if the combat advantage bit is in KotS. Its in the rules compilation stickied at the top of the forum.

Shabe

First Post
Voss said:
The target is immobilized and grants combat advantage to other enemies.
So the other zombies do get a bonus to hit him (+2), and he can't move unless he gives spends a move action to try to escape.

Not sure if the combat advantage bit is in KotS. Its in the rules compilation stickied at the top of the forum.

and doesn't the zombie get to maintain the grab as a minor in future rounds? It means the character can't retreat or move (good against strikers) and that other zombies get +2 to hit, probably more appropriate than zombies trying to flank the characters.

legiondevil

First Post
The zombie grabs and immobilizes...and then up to 8 other zombies "pile on" the poor unfortunate soul and tear him to pieces.

Makes me wish they gained a benefit to hit for each zombie adjacent to them, or for each other zombie that had already attacked a specific enemy that turn.

Cobblestone

First Post
Graboids!

Because maintaining the brab is only a minor action, it makes sense that the grabbing zombie can still try to drag the character around (as a move action) and punch the poor sod (as a standard action).

And then all the other zombies get to pile on too of course.

C-Stone

PeelSeel2

Explorer
It's lame. It only immobilizes. I do not even think it grants combat advantage.

I was going to have it inflict either half slam damage or full slam damage (just to be nasty).

Remove ads