Koukonsögur - Saga of the Trollfed Aerie - IC

Someone

Adventurer
Kjula sees his oppotunity as the river carries him downstream. Drawing his dagger, he stabs the closest goblin's foot as he attacks Daigon. From this difficult position, the attack is weak, but the monks remains unseen underwater.

[sblock=mechanics]
Minor action: Draw dagger
Standard action: Shadow strike encounter power against goblin at T22, with Ca bonus from hidden. It strikes handily (AC 26) but deals 7 pitiful damage. Allows Stealth check to remain hidden after attack (19).
Move action: Athletics check to resist the river's current and remain in place, rolls a 21. I don't believe you mentioned this possibility but I think it's reasonable[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats] Skötkonung Kjula Human rogue 1
Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 16, Passive Insight: 11
Defenses: AC: 16, For: 12, Ref: 17, Will: 14
HP: 24/24, Bloodied: 12, Surge value: 6, Surges/day: 7 Speed: 6 squares
Languages: Common, Goblin
AP: 1

Powers:
Acrobatic Strike, Sly Flourish, Clever Strike
Shadow Strike, Surprise Strike, Centered Flurry of blows, Second Wind
Spinning Blade Leap[/sblock]

Last edited:

Cor Azer

First Post
OOC: Can Tuket be the victim of his own egg-traps?

OOC: He can trigger them, but you don't know if they'd affect him...

Someone: yes, you can fight the current since Kjula is at the shoreline.

The post in the OOC thread showed me I should be more transparent - Tuket has an ability to act as if dazed when stunned, but he still can't take the immediate action to shift after Olaf missed him. I'll correct the map when I can (he should still be beside Olaf).

GROMkill

First Post
Dossk turns as the deva, seemingly shocked, calls out to the mul. His usual blank, unaffected face hastily switches to a look of astonishment, and he stands staring in disbelief for a moment at the deva, before his expression disappears as quickly as it had arrived. He speaks, and it becomes apparent that he is a man who chooses his words sparingly. "Satoshi." Raising his left hand, palm toward the deva, his signal is made clear as he turns to deal with the current threat, the goblin. The meeting would have to wait. Dismembering this foul creature that has violated his thegn's honorable send-off is priority.

Shrugging off the slice along his thighs from the goblin's wakizashi, Dossk gears up and readies himself for a counterattack. Both hands on his mordenkrad now, he quickly steps toward the goblin chief, his stance low, a menacing figure to the surrounded creature. Pulling Kurnhuelde up high above him, Dossk viciously brings it down upon the goblin, slamming into the goblin's upper half with a vicious force backed by vengeance for his thegn.

[sblock=Mechanics]

Start Turn: Incredible Toughness. Dossk is dazed no more!

Move: Shift to F5

Standard: Brash Strike on Tuket.

Attack roll: 1d20+9=21 Hit AC 21.

Damage Roll: 2d6+10=15 15 Damage to Tuket.

Minor: None taken[/sblock][sblock=Dossk]Dossk Wjeltekamr Male Mul Fighter 1
Initiative: +1
Passive Perception: 11
Passive Insight: 11
Senses: Normal
AC: 17
Fort:16
Reflex:11
Will:11
HP:26/33
Bloodied:16
Surge Value:8
Surges left:14/14
Action Points: 1

Powers:

Combat Challenge
Footwork Lure
Brash Strike

Guardian's Counter [ ]
Hack and Hew [ ]
Incredible Toughness [ ]

Villain's Menace [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [ ]

Conditions:

Mark on Tuket.
Granting CA to Tuket from Brash Strike.

[sblock=Important Features]
Tireless: You require 6 hours of sleep every 3 days.
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Pentius

First Post
Satoshi barely registers Dossk's gesture. His mind floods with the memories of the Run. Visions of horses flying through the air, the smell of blood, the cries of the dying. His fists clench and unclench subconsciously. The goblin chief, unfortunate enough to still be locked in a magic bond with Satoshi, gets the same memories flashing through his mind.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Standard Action: Visions of Blood on Tuket
Attack Roll:1d20+4=15
Damage Roll: 1d6+4=7 psychic damage, halved is 3, and Tuket takes a -1 penalty to all defenses until the start of Satoshi's next turn.

Save: 1d20=1
Satoshi remains weakened(Save ends)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Satoshi]Satoshi Okudaira Male Deva Invoker 1
Initiative: +6
Passive Perception: 19
Passive Insight: 14
Senses: Normal
AC: 17
Fort:12
Reflex:15
Will:15
HP:23/23
Bloodied:11
Surge Value:5
Surges left:7/7
Action Points: 1

Powers:

Hand of Radiance
Visions of Blood

[]Cast Fortune
[]Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
[]CD[]Rebuke Undead
[]CD[]Maledictor's Doom
[]Whispers of Defeat
[]Second Wind
[]Action Point

[x]Silent Malediction

Conditions:
Dazed until end of next turn.

[sblock=Important Features]

[/sblock][/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Daigon

49722d1315477641-koukonsoegur-saga-trollfed-aerie-characters-daigon.jpg

Daigon channels all his might and vengeance in one vicious blow at the goblin distracted by the monk.

[sblock=OOC]

Standard: Vengeance Strike vs T22
Hits AC 20 for 16 damage.

[sblock=Character Sheet]
Daigon
Perception: 12 Insight: 10 Normal Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 15 Reflex 14 Will 14
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 19 / 29 Bloodied: 14
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 9 Surges per day: 12 / 12
At-Will Powers: Dominator's Strike, Vengeance Strike
Encounter Powers: Dragon Breath, Guardian's Counter, Dread Smite, [/s]Shroud of Shadow[/s]
Daily Powers: -

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Cor Azer

First Post
The goblin raider by the shore spits a curse for the stupid jagged rocks aboveground, unaware of the rippling water masking Kjula's presence behind him. The quick glance at his bleeding foot is enough to pull his attention from Daigon though, and the mighty dragonborn lays into him, almost driving the pitiful creature to his bloody knees. Spraying blood as he speaks, he mutters something in his own guttural tongue.

[sblock=Kjula can hear...]"Tuket can guard his own back, I'm making for the well...[/sblock]

The other goblin engaged with Daigon curses his fleeing companion, but continue to press even though he's lost his advantage. He tries to stay low, hoping his tribemates on the bridge can pick out the dragonborn from the goblin.

Tuket sees his glorious vengeance slipping away from him. His swordarm hangs limp as it barley holds the weight of his wakizashi, lights and memories flash in his eyes - who are these people he's remembering!? - and a bloody tooth is dangling annoyingly from his upper gum. And still these surface-dwellers surround him. He decides there is little point in stupid bravery, and snaps his coiled rope at a jagged rock at the edge of the cliff. The rope magically stretches the full distance and somehow latches onto the rock - as it begins to contract, Tuket is yanked away from Olaf and Dossk, limpy being pulled between them and tumbling over the cliff like a child's ragdoll.

OOC: Well, particularly since I'm missing him again with this update, I'm going to go with my little house rule of giving an action point to characters that get skipped, capped at a max of 1/encounter; so twilsemail, Skaldi gets a bonus action point.

pathfinderq1: I think my reply to your question got eaten - Kadlin is a good 80 squares from the other skirmish with the raiders, Daigon, and Kjula (assuming movement along the shore, and then running back across the bridge). Using the boat could be easier (~60 squares), but involves fighting the current.

Goblin 3 actions: shift to S21, then run away.
Goblins 1, 2, and 4 actions: two hits on Daigon, 12 damage total
Tuket: Standard action to use his magic rope - both Olaf and Dossk get opportunity attacks on him (for using the rope, not his movement), but his movement is a slide rather than a shift, so his movement likely won't be stopped (I don't think either of you have anything that stops slides, but I'm welcome to being surprised). Hitting him may only determine if the body going over the cliff is alive or dead.

The cliff is 12 squares off the left edge of the map (16 from Olaf, 17 from Dossk, 20 from Satoshi, you can extrapolate from there if need be)

Map(s) updated here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuvLb6wmpG_IdDkxd3N5S2ItYmhSYWVRSkl2d2J4NEE&hl=en_US

[sblock=Tuket, Goblin Chief]
Tuket, Goblin Chief
HP: 38/92; Bloodied: 46
AC (20) 21; Fort (16) 17; Reflex (16) 17; Will (13) 14
Healing Surges/day: -1 from whatever his total is...
Conditions: -1 defenses (calculated) until beginning of Satoshi's turn
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goblin Raider (4)]
Goblin Raiders
1: HP: 25; Bloodied: 12
2: HP: 25; Bloodied: 12
3: HP: 2/25; Bloodied: 12
4: HP: 25; Bloodied: 12
AC 15; Fort 11; Reflex 13; Will 10
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Daigon is startled when a short metal rod embeds itself on the remaining goblin's neck. Dark blood flow from the wound, still not enough to make it fall but now an easy prey for the dragonborn samurai.

Daigon ventures a look over his shoulder to see a wet monk smiling at him - wasn't him near the platform earlier? who whispers: "Finish this one, but let the the first goblin flee. We could track him to his lair later"

Saying that, the monk dives back into the river.

[sblock=mechanics]
Minor action: Draw shuriken
Standard action: Sly Flourish (should have mentioned power name in roll) against goblin 4, from hidden, using shuriken. Hits for 19 damage.
Move action: Move through the shore (row 22) 4 squares downstream and then 1 square back into the river. Since I moved 3 or more squares from the initial position and I hope I have some concealment, the cunning sneak allows me a stealth check to become hidden, without movement penalty.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats] Skötkonung Kjula Human rogue 1
Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 16, Passive Insight: 11
Defenses: AC: 16, For: 12, Ref: 17, Will: 14
HP: 24/24, Bloodied: 12, Surge value: 6, Surges/day: 7 Speed: 6 squares
Languages: Common, Goblin
AP: 1

Powers:
Acrobatic Strike, Sly Flourish, Clever Strike
Shadow Strike, Surprise Strike, Centered Flurry of blows, Second Wind
Spinning Blade Leap[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads