Kulan: Bard's Gate PbP Campaign (IC) [Game Cancelled]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Kisep nods to Sartens words, then waves his hand towards where his fellows went on the chase, and adds, "The mysterious fellow fled over rooftops in that general direction. I sent Cousin Corvus to keep an eye on the guy from the air. We could wait for them here, or perhaps back at the market square. But the tavern is perhaps a better place to wait..."

With that, the kenku looks at Sarten. Although his beak makes smiling impossible, the twinkle in Kiseps eyes is obvious.

kinem

Adventurer
Sarten tells Kisep "There'll be time enough for that. Best to find out as soon as we can what happened."

He goes over to the woman he rescued and says "I'm glad to see that you and your family are alright. Although it is difficult now I must ask a few questions. Do you know a Kalier Goloda?"

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Vak'tiel walks over to grab the man so that Jagr can come around to assist in restraining him.
Vak'tiel tries to grab the assassin by the neck, but he twists away from the tiefling's grasp.

OOC: Vak'tiel's Grapple Check > 1d20+10=13, Runner's Opposed Grapple > 1d20+4=22

"Oh but it does." snarls Jagr as he he and Vak'tiel work to subdue their prey. "I have some rope, it seems likely this one is going to fight being a prisoner."
The man pushes back at Jagr, trying to free his leg. When that doesn't work he tries to kick at the catfolk through the window.

OOC: Runner's Initiative > 1d20+5=16

At this point, I want Initiative rolls for Vak'tiel, Jagr, Cal, and Shrough.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: [roll0]

Jagr realizes the difficulty of his situation. "We can't very well take him and the window. Take him Vak-tiel and I'll tie him up." He releases his grip with a final shove. He is ready to pounce on the fellow should he try to escape.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Guild Street in front of the manor:
Borya helped get people out of the burning manor as best he could, once he realized he realized that the place was on fire. He barely took a few steps out anyways.

OOC: He'll be providing medical support through heal checks and spells as necessary. He's also strong enough to lift people and/or important objects to safety. If I need to make any checks and/or use any spells, please let me know. :)
Borya comes back to the courtyard of the manor just in time to see one of the Lyreguards carry out a small boy in his arms. Borya immediately goes to check on the woman and her son. Other guards use water and ice magic to hold back the flames.

He watches as Kisep disappears inside to help. The guard hands the boy over to a woman who appears to be his mother. The guard goes back in and comes out again with a female gnome. More guards appear out of the smoke along with, first, Kisep, and then Sarten. Kisep helps one of the guards rescue a heavy-set man while Sarten helps a lithe girl from the building. The woman is overjoyed to see both of them.

The guard captain Borya and the others met earlier orders all the civilians into the street. Borya helps carry the big man out into the street, as the guards help ther other who had been inside. An arcanist of some power casts a spell that surrounds the building with a magical effect and pushes all the air out, snuffing out the fire.

OOC: The female gnome is still hurt from her ordeal as is the footman who was lying unconscious near the manor's front door, and the big man Borya carries has some obvious wounds (beaten and stabbed) of struggle. The woman seems fine while her two children are suffering from smoke inhalation. The boy is the worst of the two, as he is younger.

Watching the human girl's reunion with her mother, Sarten does feel a certain sense of satisfaction. Still not going to be a hero.

He also notes the Warders' magic which is unknown to him. Specialized for putting out fires. I'm more of a fireball-casting guy but their magic appears to have its uses too.

To Wilsek he says "Whether they caught the guy or not, I expect the others to make their way back here."
"I hope they catch the bastard," he responds. "This sort of thing cannot happen here without reprisals."

Kisep nods to Sartens words, then waves his hand towards where his fellows went on the chase, and adds, "The mysterious fellow fled over rooftops in that general direction. I sent Cousin Corvus to keep an eye on the guy from the air. We could wait for them here, or perhaps back at the market square. But the tavern is perhaps a better place to wait..."

With that, the kenku looks at Sarten. Although his beak makes smiling impossible, the twinkle in Kiseps eyes is obvious.
Warder Wilsk motions to two members of the Market Watch, "Go, help find this assassin. Let me know how their companions are fairing."

The guards jump to his command.

Sarten tells Kisep "There'll be time enough for that. Best to find out as soon as we can what happened."
"Agreed. The family might know something," Wilsk interjects.

He goes over to the woman he rescued and says "I'm glad to see that you and your family are alright. Although it is difficult now I must ask a few questions. Do you know a Kalier Goloda?"
The woman looks at Sarten with a look of disbelief. "So you don't know?"

"This is Kailer Goloda," Wilsk motions to the big man that Borya carried into the street. "This is his wife, Marla. And these are their two children." The young girl watches over her brother who coughs fitfully, wheezing in as best he can.

"You saved us all," the woman looks at Sarten and Kisep with great affection. "I do not know how we can ever repay you, but I will assist to my husband that he do all he can for you while your are here in Bard's Gate."

Warder Wilsk asks Borya, "How is he?" The guard captain kneels over Goloda one of the Lyreguards casts a minor healing spell on the boy.

Remove ads