• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [IC]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Akos can see through the window the dire straits of Captain Camburn. Ducking so he can see better through the window, he spends another blessing of Titania to help beleaguered warrior. He knows he needs healing too, but he is safe for the moment. At least, he thinks so. Crazy woman went for other warriors. Akos knows he needs to deal with her, but right now, they need to hold on, to whittle down the Loyalists.

He can hear some commotion, shouting, but only thing he can discern is that paladin is here. Something else behind, can it be reinforcements finally? Maybe The Five decided to join directly into the fight? One can hope.

Swift: use chained healing blast (turn undead 4/6)
Touch attack 19 (or 23 if Kn Devotion applies)
Healing him for 14 (or 18 if Kn Devotion applies)
If Akos sees Tim through some window, then he gets 7 (or 9) otherwise Tuck gets the extra healing
If Tuck cannot get it (should, the window is open) then Zenpher is the only other one in range.
second healing
In all instances - secondary healing hits touch 20 - whoever gets it, I think it hits.
neurotic: D20 + 7#akoshealingblastcamburn → 19(12 + 7)#Akos healing blast Camburn
neurotic: 3D6 + 4#akoshealingamount → 18( (5 +3 +6) + 4)#Akos healing amount
neurotic: D20 + 7#akoshealingblast ( ally ) → 20(13 + 7)#Akos healing blast (ally)

Move 5' step away from the window

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Inside the Shop:
Akos can see through the window the dire straits of Captain Camburn. Ducking so he can see better through the window, he spends another blessing of Titania to help beleaguered warrior. He knows he needs healing too, but he is safe for the moment. At least, he thinks so. Crazy woman went for other warriors. Akos knows he needs to deal with her, but right now, they need to hold on, to whittle down the Loyalists.

He can hear some commotion, shouting, but only thing he can discern is that paladin is here. Something else behind, can it be reinforcements finally? Maybe The Five decided to join directly into the fight? One can hope.
Akos tries to get a clear shot at the captain through the tree and enemies, but it is not use. The Loremaster knows he'll miss. He fires the healing blast at Zenpher first and then arcs it, successfully, to Captain Camburn. The hallfing looks at Akos and nods, relieved. Captain Camburn glances back towards the candle shop and waves to Custodio, thinking it was the Vanquisher cleric who somehow healed him. He can't see Akos.

As Akos steps away from the window, he hears the sound of a dog barking. He knows it is Mutt. The dog has come. Hopefully the dragori druid will be with the big dog.

Tuck looks happily to see Mutt rush into the shop. Sobla is riding the dog. "Unca Tuck, we found you!"

"W- wh... at?" The thug barely says. He doesn't look good.

Mutt crashes through the back of the candle shop. He knocks over the washstand, moves through the door, and tries to bite the thug's face off. Instead, the dog thumps its head against the doorframe. He whines. Sobla is wielding the big knife her clutch's sire gave to her. She stabs out at the thug with it and manages to get a glancing blow on the man's shoulder.

The thug cries out in pain and falls to the floor.

Sobla looks at her knife and the at Tuck. "I didn't hit him that hard."

"It looks like he poisoned himself," Vinny says. The fallen man is white as a sheet.

On the Street:
Tim snarls at the Brelish Thug as he calmly steps forward in a threatening manner...
The thug looks at Tim and then at his short sword. "No, I don't think so," he retreats back into the warehouse before Tim can bring his greatsword around to slice the man in half.

The mercenary next to the captain steps back, takes another potion from his belt, and drinks it down. The bulk of his wounds are healed. "Keep fighting!" He shouts. "Hold the line! Don't let that knight through! We must hold them a few more minutes!"

"Imninon, the knight and Elite are too strong," the Merc by the tree suggests. "We should retreat."

"That's not an opt-"

"Where do you think your going?" An angry voice yells from inside the warehouse. "Loyalists fight to the death, you welp! Get back out there!"

"I need a better weapon!"

"Very well, but if you run, I will kill you myself."

"Yes, sir!"

Tim recognizes the voice immediately. The Butcher is about to reenter the fray.

Custodio tries to take down both the mercenary woman and the thug next to him. He manages to scratch the Merc, but the thug dodges his hasted second attack. The Vanquisher cleric's spiritual weapon manages a glancing blow on the traitor on the wall.

The Regular wielding the halberd looks to be in bad shape. The poison the fight out of him. He refuses to retreat, however. He steps towards the doppelganger and tries to drive the polearm into the shapechanger's back. He doesn't even come close.

The doppelganger goes into a defensive stance and lashes out with his blade at Commander Oakfirst. The attack is very clumsy and it takes all the shapechanger's reflexes to keep from dropping his weapon.

End of Round 10

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Start of Round 11
Falen: (parenthetical remark for entertainment value)
This fellow was a candle maker. [To Sorceress]. What in the bloody blue basilisk is so important about a CANDLEMAKER?
He shakes his head as he shakes off the magical fire of her spell.
"You think we didn't know you were coming for Guildmaster Kelek?" She sneers at Falen. "Master Phelix sees everything... everwhere, all at once."

"Loyalists! You will fight! You hear me! No surrender! Die for the master's cause, if you must!"

The Butcher's voice resounds across the street as he steps out of the warehouse. He stops jut in front of the open doorway. He has his cold iron longsword in one hand and a potion bottle in the other. He drinks down the potion. He immediately begins shift and shimmer. flane knows that spell effect well. Blur.

"The Butcher!" The Loyalists yell out in unison. "To the Death!"

"These guys are nuts," Custodio says.

The mercenary woman next to him retorts, "But, they pay very, very well."

"You can't spend money if your dead, woman," Custodio spits back. "I can tell. You've nearly had it."

"If I die, my family will get my pay."

The Loyalist who had been dying on the ground picks up the potion bottle that Akos' spell made him drop. Luckily, it didn't shatter on the cobblestone street, but it is leaking. He quickly opens it and drinks down what is let. It has some effect but not much.

"Where in the Dark Hellions have you been, Butcher!" Imninon yells at the Loyalist. "You were supposed to help lead this attack! Brottor is down! Ludovic, as well!"

"Do not blasphemy the Hellions in my presence, mercenary," the Butcher replies. "You will stand in fight, or I will kill you myself. Understood?"

Imninon glares at the Loyalist. "You truly are a bastard."

"With pride."

"The Butcher! The Butcher! Loyalist Bastard!" The Loyalists yell.

The grappler steps to flank Captain Camburn. His eyes have become fanatical with The Butcher so close. He screams in anger and slashes out at Camburn. The blade bites deep. The Loyalist screams at the sky in triumph.

"Sir Valencia!" The captain shouts out to Tim. "Quickly!"

"Yes, half-giant, come to me. I admit I wasn't prepared for you before, but now I am!" The Butcher points his blade at Tim. "Yes, I can sense your bloodline, ogre. It is a sweet and grisly smell. I will enjoy spilling your blood on the ground. Do not hold back."

OOC: All Loyalists (including the thugs) gain a +2 profane bonus to attacks and damage rolls while within 10 feet of The Butcher. The Mercs don't get this bonus.

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Falen:
Who the hell is guildmaster whoever-you-said? You attacked us, you half-wit! We came to look for candles and ask some questions.” Falen feigns indignation as he moves in a semi-circle north-northwest-southwest to corral the sorceress back toward the other enemy combatants. He hears the sound of something coming. He needs to down this one or push her back before whatever gets here gets here. He’s hurting from his wounds and the stings from her spell. He feels a vinegar taste in his throat as he deftly fights off the redoubt of the poison that he’d been struck with earlier. He slashes the sorceress in a glancing blow off her head, leaving her bloodied. It could have been a grievous wound but for the protection magic clearly being imbued by their cleric.

Thinking to himself: “There are indeed a lot of these, paid, charmed, or true believers.“ He shakes off the poison and hocks a nasty spit away from the side of his mouth as he lunges. A trickle runs down his chin.

He sees the Butcher come out of the warehouse. Thinking again to himself. “
Tunnels. We did this the wrong way. Two dimensional thinking is going to kill us all.

The Butcher is babbling on about Tym. Falen isn’t familiar with the spell he casts, though he sees him do it. He hears the monster coming from farther away again. It sound large. We are running out of time.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Falen:
Who the hell is guildmaster whoever-you-said? You attacked us, you half-wit! We came to look for candles and ask some questions.” Falen feigns indignation as he moves in a semi-circle north-northwest-southwest to corral the sorceress back toward the other enemy combatants. He hears the sound of something coming. He needs to down this one or push her back before whatever gets here gets here. He’s hurting from his wounds and the stings from her spell. He feels a vinegar taste in his throat as he deftly fights off the redoubt of the poison that he’d been struck with earlier. He slashes the sorceress in a glancing blow off her head, leaving her bloodied. It could have been a grievous wound but for the protection magic clearly being imbued by their cleric.
The enchanter had tried to block Falen's dagger strike with her sword, but the smaller weapon slipped through her defenses. she reels as she feels the humanbane blade pull more life from her. "The doppelganger's dagger," she says calmly; her voice is like venom. Her eyes look to the blade. "If that is going to be the end of me, then I'm taking you with me."

She slashes out with her longsword and gives as good as she gets from the half-hobgoblin.

Thinking to himself: “There are indeed a lot of these, paid, charmed, or true believers.“ He shakes off the poison and hocks a nasty spit away from the side of his mouth as he lunges. A trickle runs down his chin.

He sees the Butcher come out of the warehouse. Thinking again to himself. “Tunnels. We did this the wrong way. Two dimensional thinking is going to kill us all.

The Butcher is babbling on about Tym. Falen isn’t familiar with the spell he casts, though he sees him do it. He hears the monster coming from farther away again. It sound large. We are running out of time.
The creature, whatever it is... roars again and then again. It sounds like it is more than one creature. Or, the sound might be echoing through the city's streets. Or... he tries to think, but there is two much going on around him. He has the foe in front of him, her damn spell, the pain in his gut, and the Butcher will not shut up!

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Inside the Shop:
Sobla looks at Tuck with a big toothy grin. Mutt barks at him happily. The kobold urban ranger is happy to see them both, but he's also worried that they are here. He walks over to Mutt while taking out one of the potions they captured. While standing on the back of the dying Loyalist, Tuck uncorks the potion and drinks downs the healing liquid inside. The worst of his wounds are healed.

Mutt greets his packmate with a big lick on the face and a nuzzle. The big dog doesn't like being separated from Tuck.

"Are you okay?" Sobla asks

Tuck nods. She really shouldn't be here. It is too dangerous for her.

OOC: @JustinCase, I'll leave anything you want Tuck to say to Mutt and Sobla up to you. I just want to move on with the combat.
EDIT: Tuck was able to move without worrying about taking an AoO from the thug on the other side of the half-open window and the open door. He had cover.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
On the Street:
The mercenary standing by the tree pulls out a healing potion and downs it quickly. He then steps back into line with the other mercenaries and Loyalists. It would be a shield wall, except that they don't all have shields. And, Captain Camburn stands among them, fighting for his life.

The mercenary woman takes a defensive stance and slashes out at both Custodio and Emelia, but her stance prevents complete precision. Custodio blocks her strike with his heavy shield and Emelia does the same with her longsword. The woman steps back, away from Custodio. The line of soldiers and Loyalists is now 30 ft. long.

"Hold!" The mercenary leader yells. "Keep them back. Stay in formation!"

Zenpher tries to even the odds after receiving Akos' aid. He moves to flank the thug by the door and slashes out three times, but his skills let him down. And, he nearly drops his longsword again. He yells in frustration.

"Calm yourself, Elite!" Custodio orders. "Stay focused. They're planning something."

Zenpher looks at the line of enemies and nods.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
OOC: ScottDeWar_jr's written text from Discord.

Taking an account of his condition, Vincenzo addresses his allies in the room with him, "Akos, Tuck, do either of you have the ability to neutral the effects of poison? I was struck by a poisoned quarrel."

He takes a cure potion from his belt pouch and downs the liquid.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Up the Side Street:
Breva knows that the Elites and Sectarians are right behind him. He looks back to see that two of them are finally catching up with him. Only two? There were still more than half a dozen left. Did they fall?

He is glad to see that the Sectarian captain is one of the two. Her spells were vital it hurting the massive hydra that Phelix unleashed from the portal. He looks at his bow. The few arrows he managed to fire at it from a distance did nothing to the creature. One of the Elite captains had gotten close enough to chop off one of the hydra's eight heads.

Ela de la Camoys' quick thinking made that blow permanent. She cast a burst of acid that sealed the wound shut and hurt the hydra but, it had resisted some of the damage. It also shrugged off almost ever other spell cast at by the Sectarians. Enraged, the four of the beast's other heads had ripped apart the Elite who had severed its head.

Then, it breathed fire and anyone left alive quickly retreated and regrouped.

The Sectarian catches up with Breva first. She's shaking her head. "Everyone else is either dead or fled in terror. That thing is not just a hydra. I don't know what it is but changed its shape. It shifted into a mass of hydra heads and tentacles. Truly horrible. Did you find your friends? Can they-" She finally catches her breath and her eyes clear. She looks down the side street. "Oh, this is bad."

She casts another spell and a wave of protective energy forms around her.

The other guard is tough half-orc Elite whose name Breva still doesn't know. The man rushes past the young paladin of the Purifier and moves towards the battle. He stops 25 ft. behind Big Tim. He notes the dead Loyalist and Dusk assassin. He looks at the Regular.

"Did you do this?" He asks.

She shakes her head 'no', and points toward Tim.

"Ah, Sir Valencia and the other Exemplars are here! That's good! We'll need their help against the beast! But lets help them deal with these louts first!"

Up on the Wall:
The Regular tries in vain to hold off Rhumyr's attack but the traitor hits the guard again. "You will fall," Rhumyr boasts.

"And that will kill you," the guard points to Custodio's spiritual weapon.

"Doubtful."

Candle Street:
"I've had enough of you!" Commander Oakfirst yells. He brings his longsword around with a vicious strike and cuts a huge wound in the doppelganger's chest. The shapechanger looks both surprised and tired. Yet, it manages to evade the commander's next two sword strikes, but when Oakfirst comes around again with his handaxe, he nearly decapitates the doppelganger.

The creature falls to the street, very dead.

The thug next to the doorway stabs at Zenpher with his short sword, but misses, and then tumbles away just as his compatriot steps back against the wall of the warehouse to block anyone who tries to get behind their line. Both Custodio and Zenpher try to bring the thug down. Custodio's swing of the warhammer is not his best, but Zenpher's is much worse. The halfling Elite loses his grip on his blade and as he tries to snatch it out of midair, he trips on the small bush by his foot and falls on his butt.

"Oh, come on! Badegisel! Where are you when I need you!" Zenpher calls out in frustration to the halfling God of Luck.

Luckily, both Emelia and Burchard manage to do their leader proud. Burchard turns and slashes out at Teresa. His first strike hits the woman, but his second she manages to evade. Emelia's first sword strike against the mercenary misses, but the second one slices into the woman's gut.

"Damn, y-" The mercenary woman falls to the ground unconscious.

Then, the Loyalist cleric begins to pray and dark form begin to appear directly behind Tim. He can see that the cleric is summoning a creature.

"More foes for my blade!" the half-orc Elite yells. "You will soon taste the wrath of Unglar Whitefang, villains."

"Stop boasting, Whitefang and get into the fight!"
Camburn yells.

Tim can see that the captain is quite a capable warrior, although his reflexes aren't as quick as most men half his age. Still, he is holding his own... so far. The captain slices the thug with his greatsword and then comes around and cuts another deep wound in Loyalist behind him. He whirls around and tries to take the thug's head off, but he nearly loses his grip on his blade and the thug ducks out of the man. The captain rights himself and brings the blade down in a vicious arc that cuts another gaping wound in the Loyalist's chest.

OOC: @Tellerian Hawke, you're up next for Big Tim.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Tim notes the summoning appearing behind him. He can't worry about that now. Hopefully Breva will be able to handle it. He moves forward just close enough to hit his foes and he brings his greatsword down in a great chop at the man who had grappled Akos. The Loyalist tries to block it with his sword and cold iron bracers, but Tim overwhelms the man with his strength. He cuts a deep wound into the man's shoulder and chest.

The man gasps. He falls. It wasn't a killing blow, but he won't be getting up again unless one of his compatriots tries to heal him.

"Ha! Ha!" Captain Camburn yells. "Well done, sir knight!"

It is obvious the captain is enjoying himself. Maybe a bit too much.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads