log in or register to remove this ad

 

Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [IC]

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Big Tim laughs heartily at the threat, and yells back in jovial, booming, carefree voice, as if he were inviting good friends to come celebrate with him, "MY FRIENDS, YOU THREATEN A KNIGHT OF THE SCARLET CROSS, WITH FORCE OF ARMS, NO LESS! HA HA HA! BATTLE IS MY BREAD AND BUTTER! I WELCOME YOU TO THE BATTLEFIELD THIS FINE DAY, GOOD SIRS! NEVER HAS A KNIGHT OF THE SCARLET CROSS FLED FROM COMBAT, AND THAT TRADITION STANDS UN-BROKEN THIS DAY! I AM LIEUTENANT SIR TYMBECK VALENCIA, AND YOU VILLAINS WILL DANGLE UPON THE END OF MY BLADE BEFORE THE END OF THE HOUR!"

As he turns to face them, he grins, bringing the HUGE tower shield to bear in one hand, and casually drawing the TWO-HANDED sword from his back with the other!

Tim rolled a 14 for Initiative.
Click here to verify
 

log in or register to remove this ad

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Tuck narrows his eyes. Two humans, one of whom seems to be ugly by human standards, the other he's not sure of -- neither have darkvision, so hiding from these people won't be too difficult.

Then as Akos is invited to their table and Regdar is not, the kobold hesitates.

"Stay," he orders Mutt to keep close to Regdar as he himself moves with Akos to Teresa's table. Not looking to see if the dog follows his orders (probably not), Tuck says gently to the waitress, "A drink and some food for all of us please, Katla. And make it two drinks for my friend Regdar back there."

He resists the urge to ask questions, instead waiting for the suddenly very charismatic Akos to take the lead. The kobold keeps his eyes open, however, and studies Teresa intently.

OOC: Tuck will be making Sense Motive checks when appropriate. If Teresa is a member of the Rising Swords or the Loyalists, he has a +4 or +2 bonus, respectively, due to his Favored Enemy feature.

I assumed Teresa and Shylock are human, because you didn't specify otherwise in your post. If I'm mistaken, let me know.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Akos isn't sure if it is his words or his magic, but the woman's eyes flicker in amusement and she pulls back her hood to reveal a beautiful face, pale skin, and long red hair. She motion for the Loremaster to sit. Her companion is slack-jawed. He glances around Akos at the others and then shrugs. He pulls off his hood but keeps one eye on the door. His features are grotesque, to say the least. He has no hair and his face is bumpy.
Akos frowns at the ugly man, his features an insult to the world.

"My master didn't tell me I'd be dealing with someone so well-spoken," she says. "If your kobold friend wishes to join us, I would be fine with that. But I'd rather not have him sit here." She points at Relgar. "He is a troublemaker." Her eyes flash at Akos. "Are you a troublemaker too, hmm?"

"Teresa, what are you doing? You say too much." The man's throat whistles as he speaks. "Yes, we might be able to negotiate with them but don't get weird on me."

"Quiet Shylock!" She snaps at him. "I'm in command here! Go tell the crew to find the others!"
"But-"
"Do as I say."
He sighs and gets up to head out of the inn.
"Now, where were we?" Teresa coos at Akos. She gives Katla a dirty look as the woman brings the woman her drink and Shylock's.
Letting the byplay play itself out, Akos ignores the toad as he goes away and answers as if that didn't happen
"I can be, lady, I can be. I can also be a love-maker if you prefer." smile is open, offer sincere, fey are not known for their shyness.
"But lets discuss our business at hand first."
He motions for Tuck to join them.

"I believe I offered to tell you where we're going and why and you tell us why you're interested and for whom. And the drinks are on me. Someone of your obvious ability, not to mention the beauty could go far in whatever she chooses. And by having the power to negotiate, you're on the path to power. It is just a matter of choosing a winning side."

OOC: Assuming she makes confirming noises (this part goes after her response, but in the interest of speed)
"So...we were going back to The Garden after rejoining with the rest of the group. Apparently there were some soldiers attacked and there is some troublemaker sorcerer that left a disturbance in The Gardens. I don't see what's so bad about some disturbance it makes the life interesting, but civilization needs to take care of its guards. Thus, we're charged with finding and dealing with the beast."
He steeples his fingers together
"Your turn. Oh, and why don't you like Relgar? He is a strange one, but not a troublemaker."
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The Alley in Old City:
Big Tim laughs heartily at the threat, and yells back in jovial, booming, carefree voice, as if he were inviting good friends to come celebrate with him, "MY FRIENDS, YOU THREATEN A KNIGHT OF THE SCARLET CROSS, WITH FORCE OF ARMS, NO LESS! HA HA HA! BATTLE IS MY BREAD AND BUTTER! I WELCOME YOU TO THE BATTLEFIELD THIS FINE DAY, GOOD SIRS! NEVER HAS A KNIGHT OF THE SCARLET CROSS FLED FROM COMBAT, AND THAT TRADITION STANDS UN-BROKEN THIS DAY! I AM LIEUTENANT SIR TYMBECK VALENCIA, AND YOU VILLAINS WILL DANGLE UPON THE END OF MY BLADE BEFORE THE END OF THE HOUR!"

As he turns to face them, he grins, bringing the HUGE tower shield to bear in one hand, and casually drawing the TWO-HANDED sword from his back with the other!

Tim rolled a 14 for Initiative.
Click here to verify
Custodio smiles at Tim's bravado. The big man takes the Loyalists' focus, which gives him time to cast a spell. He calls out to the Purifier for protection and casts bless for him and the others. He steps back and draws his bastard sword.
 
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Silverbow Inn:
Tuck narrows his eyes. Two humans, one of whom seems to be ugly by human standards, the other he's not sure of -- neither have darkvision, so hiding from these people won't be too difficult.

Then as Akos is invited to their table and Regdar is not, the kobold hesitates.

"Stay," he orders Mutt to keep close to Regdar as he himself moves with Akos to Teresa's table. Not looking to see if the dog follows his orders (probably not), Tuck says gently to the waitress, "A drink and some food for all of us please, Katla. And make it two drinks for my friend Regdar back there."

He resists the urge to ask questions, instead waiting for the suddenly very charismatic Akos to take the lead. The kobold keeps his eyes open, however, and studies Teresa intently.
Mutt whines but follows Tuck's orders. If Tuck was leaving the inn, the big dog likely would have followed him. Instead he lays down near the drafts-wizard's feet and watches his master. Thorkell brings the big dog a bowl of water and big bone to chew on, which soon makes Mutt content, although he keeps one eye on Tuck.

"Being a big spender today," Katla says with a grin. "Right away."

Sitting down next to Akos, Tuck can see that Shylock is even uglier up close. He could pass for a goblin or an orc. The man follows Teresa's orders and heads out of the inn. The woman is likely considered beautiful for a human. Her features seem to mark her a foreigner but she dresses like a local. Even entranced by Akos, Tuck can see a wickedness in her eyes.

JustinCase said:
OOC: Tuck will be making Sense Motive checks when appropriate. If Teresa is a member of the Rising Swords or the Loyalists, he has a +4 or +2 bonus, respectively, due to his Favored Enemy feature.

I assumed Teresa and Shylock are human, because you didn't specify otherwise in your post. If I'm mistaken, let me know.
OOC: The two sneaks don't dress like members of the Rising Swords or the Loyalists. Members of the Rising Swords rarely disguise themselves and they are almost always warrior types. They do employ scouts (as per the D&D class) but rarely resort to recruiting thieves, which these probably are. The Loyalists will disguise themselves but once they are found out, they almost always fight to the death. If these two were Loyalists, they likely wouldn't have sat down. They would have attacked or left.

They are indeed human. Shylock could have some goblinoid ancestry in him, but more than likely he's just an ugly human.


Akos frowns at the ugly man, his features an insult to the world.

Letting the byplay play itself out, Akos ignores the toad as he goes away and answers as if that didn't happen
"I can be, lady, I can be. I can also be a love-maker if you prefer." smile is open, offer sincere, fey are not known for their shyness.
"But lets discuss our business at hand first."
He motions for Tuck to join them.

"I believe I offered to tell you where we're going and why and you tell us why you're interested and for whom. And the drinks are on me. Someone of your obvious ability, not to mention the beauty could go far in whatever she chooses. And by having the power to negotiate, you're on the path to power. It is just a matter of choosing a winning side."
"Flatterer. I know what side I'm on but go ahead."

Neurotic said:
OOC: Assuming she makes confirming noises (this part goes after her response, but in the interest of speed)
"So...we were going back to The Garden after rejoining with the rest of the group. Apparently there were some soldiers attacked and there is some troublemaker sorcerer that left a disturbance in The Gardens. I don't see what's so bad about some disturbance it makes the life interesting, but civilization needs to take care of its guards. Thus, we're charged with finding and dealing with the beast."
"Soldiers attacked? A beast you say? You must mean the prattling Regulars and their ilk. I don't doubt they came under attack; they're always sticking their noses in where it isn't wanted. My master has no love for them but they can be bought... just like anyone can be bought with coin." She pauses. "Or with something better."

Teresa flips her hair to one side. "Find and kill your beast, if you must, but you need to stay out of the guild's way. No more poking around the Gardens or anywhere near it. And forget you ever heard the name Phelix Del Cannitha. While I'm not that sorcerer's servant, my guildmaster has ordered me and my crew to put an end to the meddling of that one and his allies." She points to Relgar again. "Do yourself a favor and walk away. I and the others will make quick and painful work of him and then you and I can discuss, other pleasures." Teresa looks at Tuck. "But not you. I'm not into lizards." She notes the looks on their faces.

"What, you object to his death and the death of his allies? That would be unfortunate. If you get in the way of my guildmaster's orders, I'll have to kill you too. That would be such a shame. A terrible waste. You face is so pretty. It can use some scars. No, don't worry. It will hurt but you'll love it." She sighs. "Not that it matters. Del Cannitha has his own people following Relgar's friends. They will make short work of them." She laughs. "They're likely dead already so forget them and purchase a room for us." She licks her lips and then grits her teeth as she looks at Akos like he's a piece of meat and she's a hungry lioness. "You will love the pain, I promise."

Neurotic said:
He steeples his fingers together
"Your turn. Oh, and why don't you like Relgar? He is a strange one, but not a troublemaker."
"I don't care about him, personally. It's a job. Yes, killing him will be fun; killing is always so much fun. Mmm, the blood and screaming. So much to love."

While Teresa has been talking, the nearby tables have been eavesdropping. The closest tables are now empty, as the other patrons quickly paid their bills and fled. A murmur has started to flit through the inn. Katla is standing next to Tuck with his order on a platter. Her hands are shaking and she stares at Teresa in horror. The sneak, no the assassin, doesn't even care to look at her. She does note that the inn has gone cold.

Thorkell steps out from behind the bar with a club. "You need to leave," he says to her.

"Oh please," she mocks while rolling her eyes. "I could gut you where you stand, simpleton. Take yourself back behind the bar before you end up dead!" She whistles loudly, glancing towards the door. "I have to get to work now, sweetie, she says to Akos. Do not interfere and we can have some fun after. I'll try not to kill your kobold friend and his dog but no promises."

Mutt stands and growls at her.

Shylock comes back in, his short sword already drawn. Another assassin comes back in behind him.

"Kill the wizard. Do not kill the other two. Kill the barman and the waitress too and anyone else who interferes." She looks at Akos. "Is that okay with you, sweetie?"

OOC: While Teresa is charmed, she isn't going to let that stop her from her task. If Akos and Tuck stop them from attacking Relgar, Shylock and the other assassin will attack them. Teresa will not attack Akos or Tuck if they don't interfere. If they do, she will attack Tuck but not Akos unless she saves against his charm person. While charmed, Teresa will protect Akos from her own assassins. While Akos has a chance to stop the fight with another successful Diplomacy check (-2 circumstance penalty, except for Teresa [Akos has a +2 circumstance bonus for her]), Teresa and the other assassins will not allow themselves to be captured.
 
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: This may be more than 1 round of actions so adjust as needed.

Loremaster finds himself puzzled in front of such obvious sadism and thinks as he moves. He slides out of the table in front of the assassins. "Guys, let's talk about this first. You are tasked with killing the wizard. But you can kill him anytime, anywhere without making this messy. That's how real professionals do it. Quietly and without civilian casualties. Now, this innkeeper left alive can serve you a fine meal later..."
he motions for the innkeeper to get lost
"...the dog and the kobold can help track someone in places you cannot go we can be on the same side eventually, but note that they can all leave through the back door. And they wouldn't be attacked because we're still dealing, right? And you can see how it would be bad for the wizard to be slain here where diviners can get to him..."
he continues in this vein until civilians are safely out of the area and possibly Tuck takes Relgar out. Or at least they prepare better.

Move: get up and stand 10' in front of the assassins
Standard: Enthrall (oratory) - no visible casting again :)
Will DC 15 to NOT be enthralled (re-roll at +4 if they witness something they obviously oppose) - Wis 16+ or 4+ HD needed to remain aware of the surroundings (up to an hour)

Free?: Knowledge (planes) - are there enough signs that she is a succubus or erinyes?
Knowledge local: what guild?
Knowledge (planes); Knowledge (local): 1D20+16 = [12]+16 = 28; 1D20+11 = [11]+11 = 22

Do these count for Knowledge devotion bonus too?
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Bless: +1 morale bonus to attack & saves
Charge: +2 to attack / -2 to AC
Opponent is flat-footed.
Until his next turn, Tim's AC is 23.
(Normal = AC 25)

While the two Loyalists are still trying to process Tim's words, Tim takes ACTION, charging the lead Loyalist who made the threat, attacking him with the Greatsword.

Attack Roll: (13) + 16 = 29.
Tim hits an AC of 29.
If that hits, damage inflicted is:
2d6+8 = 14 pts. damage.

Click to verify Attack Roll
Click to verify Damage Roll
 
Last edited:

Scotley

Adventurer
A smile touches Breva's lips as he watches Big Tim go into actions. Here was an ally he could relate to. His own well oiled Greatsword sips from the sheath on his back with barely a whisper and light pours forth from it. "Feel the cleansing light of the Purifier. Never will the just fear to walk these streets while I draw breath to defend them." He too charges the foes feeling the blessing of the Purifier add power to his attack. His swing carries great might and he delivers a powerful blow.

charge with power attack 2 and bless; damage: 1D20+13 = [17]+13 = 30
2D6+12 = [2, 5]+12 = 19
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Tuck steps back to Mutt, muttering to the large dog and when it growls again, the normally playfully innocent dog appears darkly threatening. Large fangs show and its narrowed eyes seem almost bloodshot.

”Keep him safe,” the kobold orders Mutt to guard Regdar, then adds to the wizard softly, ”Try to sneak out the back. We’ll catch up.”

OOC: Casting Magic Fang at Mutt.

Does Tuck need to roll against being enthralled, too?
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Silverbow Inn:
OOC: This may be more than 1 round of actions so adjust as needed.

Loremaster finds himself puzzled in front of such obvious sadism and thinks as he moves. He slides out of the table in front of the assassins. "Guys, let's talk about this first. You are tasked with killing the wizard. But you can kill him anytime, anywhere without making this messy. That's how real professionals do it. Quietly and without civilian casualties. Now, this innkeeper left alive can serve you a fine meal later..."
he motions for the innkeeper to get lost
Thorkell nods and motions for Katla to come with him. The remaining crowd scampers for the inn's back door. Some panic and head upstairs instead. A few take shelter behind the bar. The patrons in the closed off rooms come out to see what is happening and immediately rush for the backdoor as well.

Neurotic said:
"...the dog and the kobold can help track someone in places you cannot go we can be on the same side eventually, but note that they can all leave through the back door. And they wouldn't be attacked because we're still dealing, right? And you can see how it would be bad for the wizard to be slain here where diviners can get to him..."
he continues in this vein until civilians are safely out of the area and possibly Tuck takes Relgar out. Or at least they prepare better.

Move: get up and stand 10' in front of the assassins
Standard: Enthrall (oratory) - no visible casting again :)
Will DC 15 to NOT be enthralled (re-roll at +4 if they witness something they obviously oppose) - Wis 16+ or 4+ HD needed to remain aware of the surroundings (up to an hour)

Free?: Knowledge (planes) - are there enough signs that she is a succubus or erinyes?
Knowledge local: what guild?
Knowledge (planes); Knowledge (local): 1D20+16 = [12]+16 = 28; 1D20+11 = [11]+11 = 22

Do these count for Knowledge devotion bonus too?
Both Teresa and Shylock are entranced by Akos spell. Akos can tell that both remain aware of their surroundings, however. The other assassin pushes past Shylock and looks at Teresa. He gives Akos a bitter look. "You are going to pay for that! Even if we fail the guild will come for you!"

OOC: As noted in the OOC thread: Both Teresa and Shylock failed their saves. The other assassin did save. Rolled an 8 for his Charisma check and rolled a 6 for his Initiative. :mad:

Teresa is not a succubus or erinyes. She just evil and sadistic.

Even with that roll, Akos doesn't know which guild. There are some obvious candidates, such as the Golden Sabres and the Hammers, which operate on Sordadon. Those two guilds are bitter rivals but they rarely operate on the bluff. Why? Because there is a mysterious thieves guild that operates in Bluffside. Akos doesn't know its name; Tuck might know but talking about the guild could get him in trouble. The public has little knowledge of that guild and the identity of its guildmaster is complete mystery.

These assassins could be members of that guild but there isn't anyway to know for sure. Even charmed, Teresa would never give up her guildmaster's identity, as it would be a death sentence for her.

I'm not sure about the Knowledge devotion bonus.


Tuck steps back to Mutt, muttering to the large dog and when it growls again, the normally playfully innocent dog appears darkly threatening. Large fangs show and its narrowed eyes seem almost bloodshot.

”Keep him safe,” the kobold orders Mutt to guard Regdar, then adds to the wizard softly, ”Try to sneak out the back. We’ll catch up.”

OOC: Casting Magic Fang at Mutt.]

Does Tuck need to roll against being enthralled, too?
OOC: I will say no he doesn't

Mutt understands the danger and stays with Relgar -- guarding the draft-wizard's back. Tuck notes that one of the assassins doesn't succumb to Akos spell and moves forward to attack. Hopefully there aren't any more outside.

When Tuck speaks to Relgar, he seems to sense that something is amiss. With a prodding in his mind from Eclipso, Relgar looks up, sees the assassins and realizes the three of them are in danger. He also notes that they are in another inn or tavern. Patrons are scrambling for the back of the inn. Akos has planted himself between the assassins and Relgar. They want to kill you! Eclipso shouts at him telepathically. You need to either do something or get out of the inn!
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
In the Alley:
While the two Loyalists are still trying to process Tim's words, Tim takes ACTION, charging the lead Loyalist who made the threat, attacking him with the Greatsword.
Big Tim's greatsword slices a deep gash in the man's armor and chest. The loyalist grits his teeth and tries to push away Tim's sword, as he strikes back with his longsword, clumsily. Tim's shield easily blocks it.

A smile touches Breva's lips as he watches Big Tim go into actions. Here was an ally he could relate to. His own well oiled Greatsword sips from the sheath on his back with barely a whisper and light pours forth from it. "Feel the cleansing light of the Purifier. Never will the just fear to walk these streets while I draw breath to defend them." He too charges the foes feeling the blessing of the Purifier add power to his attack. His swing carries great might and he delivers a powerful blow.
While Tim slams one of the Loyalists, Breva finds his way to the other man. His blow cuts even deeper than Tim's. The man grimaces in pain but does not fall. He retaliates with roughly the same skill as the other Loyalist. His blade swing wide of Breva.

Are these really the best that this Phelix person has at his disposal?

OOC: Attack vs. Big Tim > 1d20+8=11 (miss); Attack vs. Breva > 1d20+8=12 (miss) :rolleyes:


Round Two
Custodio considers his options. He could try to go get some help or enter the fray. He shakes his head and decides to cast another spell before entering battle. He calls down a divine favor of the Purifier before moving in to backup Breva.

OOC: +1 luck bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls for 1 minute for Custodio.
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Bless: +1 morale bonus to attack & saves

Divine Favor: +1 to attack / +1 damage

Tim's AC is back to 25.

Base attacks w/ sword & shield: +11 / +10

Total attacks w/ modifiers: +13 / +12
Tim wastes no time with the following up and pressing his advantage. Tim bashes his opponent with Rizvan, and then slices him with the sword as he reels off-balance.

Bash with Rizvan: 1D20+13 = [13]+13 = 26
Tim hits AC 26 with Rizvan

Slice with sword: 1D20+12 = [11]+12 = 23
Tim hits AC 23 with the Greatsword

Rizvan: 9 pts.

Greatsword: 14 pts.

Damage total: 23 pts.

Rizvan Damage: 1D8+8 = [1]+8 = 9

Greatsword damage: 2D6+9 = [3, 2]+9 = 14
 


Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Back in the Alley:
Tim wastes no time with the following up and pressing his advantage. Tim bashes his opponent with Rizvan, and then slices him with the sword as he reels off-balance.
The loyalist soldier is bleeding from his head from where Rizvan hit him and another along his side. Still, he does not fall. He grits his teeth and glares at the half-ogre. "Kill two of us and ten more will take our place!"

OOC: Will wait for @Scotley before counterattacking.
 
Last edited:

Envisioner

Explorer
Having ignored the two drinks which were delivered to his table while he was lost in thought, Relgar gradually comes to be aware of the danger surrounding himself. His overall reaction is annoyance rather than actual concern; mapping the locale in his mind, he quickly determines the locations of his hostiles, withdraws to a position 20 feet distant from any and all of these, and then envelopes himself in an infindibulation of spatial distortion, a hypergeometric fold of the four-dimensional "paper" on which the three-dimensional "map" of the world is "drawn". His mind reaches out to his companions, whether or not he expects them to be anywhere near him (after all, from a fifth-dimensional perspective, the entire corporeal universe is only a single point; all distances are only illusions of limited human understanding); these entities' vibrations are harmonized into the barrier, so they can slip through the field's contortions without effort, but to anyone else, the spherical barrier might as well be the edge of the universe; nothing they can do is likely to intrude for as long as he maintains the dome.

OOC: Casting Leomund's Tiny Hut. It's one of his best spells, but if the goal of these foes is to murder him, then it obviously becomes his top priority. As far as I can read the spell, nothing can get in other than the chosen allies, which are all player characters, and maybe Tuck's dog if there's a spare slot, but he counts player characters that are in the other party before he counts Mutt. He might hide under a table or something if projectiles are a concern, but I don't think they even are.
 
Last edited:


JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Tuck curses under his breath as Regdar seems to disappear into an orb of some kind. Fearing to break the enchantment Akos has over Teresa and Shylock if he attacks the third assassin outright, the kobold digs into his magical sack and produces a tiny bag with some warnings written across it.

He lobs the bag at the assassin, and in its lazy arc through the air it comes aparts and a dark brown goo bursts out. Where it touches the ground, it immediately hardens and sticks to anything it touches, glueing chairs, tables and, most importantly, people to the floor. The assassin is effectively tied down.

Then Tuck turns and moves towards where he last saw Regdar, yelping in surprise as he steps into a dome with a view, and the wizard looking at him.

OOC: Throwing a tanglefoot bag at the assassin's feet, to hold him to the ground: ranged touch attack: 1D20+10 = [16]+10 = 26

SRD said:
When you throw a tanglefoot bag at a creature (as a ranged touch attack with a range increment of 10 feet), the bag comes apart and the goo bursts out, entangling the target and then becoming tough and resilient upon exposure to air. An entangled creature takes a -2 penalty on attack rolls and a -4 penalty to Dexterity and must make a DC 15 Reflex save or be glued to the floor, unable to move. Even on a successful save, it can move only at half speed. Huge or larger creatures are unaffected by a tanglefoot bag. A flying creature is not stuck to the floor, but it must make a DC 15 Reflex save or be unable to fly (assuming it uses its wings to fly) and fall to the ground. A tanglefoot bag does not function underwater.

A creature that is glued to the floor (or unable to fly) can break free by making a DC 17 Strength check or by dealing 15 points of damage to the goo with a slashing weapon. A creature trying to scrape goo off itself, or another creature assisting, does not need to make an attack roll; hitting the goo is automatic, after which the creature that hit makes a damage roll to see how much of the goo was scraped off. Once free, the creature can move (including flying) at half speed. A character capable of spellcasting who is bound by the goo must make a DC 15 Concentration check to cast a spell. The goo becomes brittle and fragile after 2d4 rounds, cracking apart and losing its effectiveness. An application of universal solvent to a stuck creature dissolves the alchemical goo immediately.

Source: Goods And Services :: d20srd.org
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Silverbow Inn:
Tuck curses under his breath as Relgar seems to disappear into an orb of some kind. Fearing to break the enchantment Akos has over Teresa and Shylock if he attacks the third assassin outright, the kobold digs into his magical sack and produces a tiny bag with some warnings written across it.

He lobs the bag at the assassin, and in its lazy arc through the air it comes aparts and a dark brown goo bursts out. Where it touches the ground, it immediately hardens and sticks to anything it touches, glueing chairs, tables and, most importantly, people to the floor. The assassin is effectively tied down.

OOC: Throwing a tanglefoot bag at the assassin's feet, to hold him to the ground: ranged touch attack: 1D20+10 = [16]+10 = 26
The bag's gooey strands envelop most of the assassin's body and immediately hardens. If not for the man's deftness, the man would be glued to the inn's floor. Regardless, he is still trapped in the mess. The man curses.

OOC: Assassin's Reflex Save: 1d20+7=23 | Reading online there wasn't a definite answer to whether or not the Tanglefoot bag's forced reflex save would be at -4. Regardless, even if it is at -4, the assassin would still make that save at 19. So, he's at -2 to hit, -4 reflex, and moves at half speed.

Having ignored the two drinks which were delivered to his table while he was lost in thought, Relgar gradually comes to be aware of the danger surrounding himself. His overall reaction is annoyance rather than actual concern; mapping the locale in his mind, he quickly determines the locations of his hostiles, withdraws to a position 20 feet distant from any and all of these, and then envelopes himself in an infindibulation of spatial distortion, a hypergeometric fold of the four-dimensional "paper" on which the three-dimensional "map" of the world is "drawn". His mind reaches out to his companions, whether or not he expects them to be anywhere near him (after all, from a fifth-dimensional perspective, the entire corporeal universe is only a single point; all distances are only illusions of limited human understanding); these entities' vibrations are harmonized into the barrier, so they can slip through the field's contortions without effort, but to anyone else, the spherical barrier might as well be the edge of the universe; nothing they can do is likely to intrude for as long as he maintains the dome.
Then Tuck turns and moves towards where he last saw Relgar, yelping in surprise as he steps into a dome with a view, and the wizard looking at him.
Tuck notes a sense of calm in the dome. Sound from outside is slightly muffled as if listening through thick canvas. He can still see Akos and the assassins clearly, however. The loremaster still has Teresa and Shylock enthralled while the other assassin moves slowly under the effect of the tanglefoot bag. The assassin still seems focused on Akos, moving towards him.

After Tuck disappears into the dome, Mutt barks and whines. He hadn't stayed at Relgar's side when the drafts-wizard when he'd move to find 'the optimal' spot to cast his spell. When he sees his pack-mate disappear, however, the big dog immediately tries to find him. Mutt balks, backs out, sniffs the air, and then renters the dome, carefully. He notes Relgar at the center but moves to Tuck, happy to see his friend.

Init: 1D20+2 = [6]+2 = 8

Akos keeps talking, holding two assassins inactive is more important than helping in 3-to-1 conflict
The loremaster's words keep the two foes under his spell. The other assassin growls and curses like an animal as he tries to get the tanglefoot goo off himself without luck. The man curses loudly again, considering his options. He produces a dagger from his belt and hurls it at Akos in desperation. The dagger slices the edge of Akos' shoulder as flies by and embeds itself into a wood behind the loremaster.

OOC: Thrown Dagger: 1d20+5=23 (hit); Damage: 1d4+2=3 | I'm assuming that Akos isn't more than 10 feet away from the assassin, but if he's more like 15 to 20 feet away, the roll to hit would still be 21.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: and thanks to my DR it does NOTHING :) since Akos isn't surprised. Can I weave a suggestion in the speech or is it "do anything else" part?

Feeling hit by the hated iron, Akos frowns but continues to speak, the attack isn't hard enough to draw blood even by his enhanced sensitivity to iron weapons. considering the hit until he sees the smallest seep of blood staining his white robe.

I a moment he changes from diplomat to the insulted courtier with some power behind him. He pulls himself up and glares at all the assassins.

"You dare." he breathes "YOU DARE!" he shouts as his demeanor darkens, his face getting forbidding, ominous aspect, eyes darkening, the angles more pronounced and eyes flashing
"Curse of the Fey Court upon you all, you will ALL die, DIE for this! Bow and beg for mercy and you may yet live!"

Free: charm domain free activation of +4 CHA
Move as needed to be within 10' from all assassins or at least the one slowed and Shylak
Standard:
Intimidate Imperious command: 1D20+22 = [10]+22 = 32 total actually 34 due charm domain - they cower unless they beat 34 with (1d20 + character level or Hit Dice + target’s Wisdom bonus [if any] + target’s modifiers on saves against fear)
 
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Throwdown Alley:
Breva presses his advantage and brings his huge blade around for another blow.

attack and damage with power attack 2: 1D20+11 = [9]+11 = 20
2D6+12 = [1, 1]+12 = 14
The blow strikes the loyalist sharp on the man's chest. He clutches at himself and screams in anger before striking back with all his strength with his longsword. The blade nearly takes Breva's head off but a slight shift from the paladin causes only to cut into Breva's shoulder.

Encouraged by his confederate's success, the loyalist fighting Tim counterattacks with a renewed zeal and evil in his eyes. He swings his blade for Tim's throat but the the knight easily block the blow with Rizvan. The man curses in frustration. "Where the hell is he?" He yells at no one in particular.

OOC: Loyalist fighting Breva: Longsword > 1d20+8=28 (hit, possible crit.), Confirm Roll > 1d20+8=18 (not a crit.), Damage >1d8+2=7
Loyalist fighting Tim: 1d20+8=11 (miss)


------------------------
Round 3
While Vinccenzo ponders what to do near the theater, he sees another cloaked man arrive soon after the last two. He rushes towards a scream and shakes off his cloak before rushing out of sight around the corner of the building and into the alley. The trio of adventurers hear his footsteps, hopeful it is their allies, but once the man is in sight, they realize it another one of Phelix's Loyalists.

He looks over the situation for a moment before deciding to charge Custodio with all his strength. He tries to slam his blade into the avenger's back but nearly trips and falls. Custodio deftly sidesteps the man's attack and tries to skewer the loyalist with his bastard sword but the man's awkward positioning means Custodio just misses the mark.

OOC: Loyalist fighting Custodio: Longsword (Charge plus Power Attack []+4) > 1d20+6=8 (huge miss!) :LOL:
Custodio's counterattack: Bastard Sword > 1d20+10=15 (miss)
 

Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top