Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [IC]

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
As Castan'on is coming to bear against Akos, Tim scores a lucky strike with his huge greatsword! And an equally lucky follow-up with Rizvan!
OOC: I had asked if I had a flanking bonus, but it's a moot point now; I rolled a 20, lol.

The greatsword lands at the base of Mercenary Leader's neck, chopping into it like that first, big bite into a juicy apple, making a similar sound, as flesh is cut, and bones are crushed, and blood spurts forth!

Castan'on whirls around in surprise to face Tim, somehow still standing, despite the severity of the blow! Tim grins at him as he smashes him in the face with Rizvan. Castan'on is too dazed, and cannot move quickly enough to avoid the blow. He takes the full brunt of Rizvan in the face! He suffers a broken jaw and a cracked skull in the process, dropping him to the ground like a sack of grain, submerging his world into the black void of unconciousness. The wound on his neck continues to ooze blood; he is bleeding out, dying slowly from the two grave wounds dealt him by the Half-Ogre Knight that he so foolishly underestimated.

OOC: 27+21 = 48 pts. damage total from both blows.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Akos smiles grimly as the arrows bounce off. Sure, he's hurt some from the impacts, but nothing serious. And now, the show begins. Too bad he couldn't be here earlier. "So much blood! But that is expected with guards and knights, right?! That's what they do."

He charges straight into thick of things.
"Coming on your right, Sir Tim."
Moving past the giant and bound Mani, Akos passes through the melee and faces the priest.
"You should have listened to your commander."

Then he suddenly blinks and appears right in front of the priest counting on his fingers
"You commander is down. Guards are coming. My magic and my companions swords are ready. Drop your weapons and surrender. You followed wrong lunatic. Face trial...or face my fey friends who will be delighted with whole group of capable warriors to torture."
An evil grin appears on his face.
"Making a priest doubt his faith. Making warriors attack each other or fight figments and their own fears...what fun! Why, Fey Court will thank me for such an opportunity!"

Move: 30' straight up (risking OA from Mani)
Swift: Teleport 10' (anklet of translocation) two squares "under" the priest
Standard: Never outnumbered Initimidate to demoralize: 1D20+22 = [13]+22 = 35 - intimidate everything within 10' - and due Imperious command they COWER (The character is frozen in fear and can take no actions. A cowering character takes a –2 penalty to Armor Class and loses her Dexterity bonus (if any).)
Afterwards they are shaken for a round + 1 round for each 5 above needed value (and I rolled 35 :devilish:)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Breva decides to leave Mani to Tim's justice and instead focuses his attacks against the one mercenary standing next to him. He slams out with his greatsword. The first strike hits the mercenary's shoulder for a deep wound but the foe manages to use his shield to block Breva's second strike.

Akos smiles grimly as the arrows bounce off. Sure, he's hurt some from the impacts, but nothing serious. And now, the show begins. Too bad he couldn't be here earlier. "So much blood! But that is expected with guards and knights, right?! That's what they do."

He charges straight into thick of things.
"Coming on your right, Sir Tim."
Moving past the giant and bound Mani, Akos passes through the melee and faces the priest.
Mani doesn't move to attack Akos. He simply giggles.

Neurotic said:
"You should have listened to your commander."

Then he suddenly blinks and appears right in front of the priest counting on his fingers
"You commander is down. Guards are coming. My magic and my companions swords are ready. Drop your weapons and surrender. You followed wrong lunatic. Face trial...or face my fey friends who will be delighted with whole group of capable warriors to torture."
An evil grin appears on his face.
"Making a priest doubt his faith. Making warriors attack each other or fight figments and their own fears...what fun! Why, Fey Court will thank me for such an opportunity!"
The evil cleric looks like he's going to laugh, then his face goes blank. He shudders and a look of terror fills his eyes. His arms go limp. The archer to Akos' left begins to shake uncontrollably and nearly drops his bow. The other archer trains his eyes on Akos with twisted malice. "You are going to pay for that!"

The two mercenaries behind him also become locked in fear. The one that is also held by Vinccenzo's magic is deathly silent but the other mercenary is making sounds as if he is weeping.

Then, Mani laughs manically at the scene and shouts, "Do it again!"

The mercenary hit by Breva's greatsword decides to flee rather than die or be caught. He disengages from the fight and runs away from the melee as fast as he can.

The two guards with halberds move forward and yell "halt" to no one in particular. Once they get close enough to the heroes and see the fake Elite uniforms being worn by the mercenaries, they train their halberds on the two that have been affected by Akos demoralizing intimidation. "You will surrender," one of them says.

Mariana, enraged by Mani's actions, moves past Breva and then attacks the doppelganger without mercy. "You bastard!" But Mani easily dodges her strike.

OOC: Mariana - Longsword Attack (with Bless): 1D20+9 = [2]+9 = 11; 1D8+3 = [3]+3 = 6 (miss)

The archer, that shrugged off Akos attempt to demoralize him, fires two arrows at the loremaster from point blank range. His first arrow impacts the loremaster in the gut but it doesn't bypass Akos' fey heritage. The second shot deflects of the cobblestones and splits in half. The archer yells a stream of curses at the loremaster. He looks like he's going to throw his bow at Akos.

OOC: Rising Swords Archer with Point Blank Shot vs. Akos: 1D20+11 = [15]+11 = 26; 1D20+6 = [8]+6 = 14; 1D8+1+1D6 = [1]+1+[3] = 5; 1D8+1+1D6 = [7]+1+[3] = 11 (hit and miss) | AHHH! Two 1s on the damage roll! Akos' luck is uncanny!

The guard that Akos and Tuck know as roland moves up quickly to backup the loremaster. He is soon standing ten feet from the archer who just shot at Akos. "Drop your bow and surrender! You are outnumbered!"

"Never!! Death first!"

Mani hisses at Mariana and then grins at her. "You will pay for that... another time." He glances at the dour look on Tim's face and he slowly sits down on the cobblestone street. He keeps an eye on the half-ogre knight.

"You coward! Stand up and face me!" Mariana screams at him.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Protect Akos," Tuck orders Mutt, but the dog is already on its way to the loremaster.

The kobold, making sure he is not on fire from the magical attack he took only seconds ago, likewise moves forward and shoots two bolts at the archer that refuses to acknowledge his now precarious situation.

"Death, then," Tuck yells, a shrill shriek compared to Akos' seductive words, but containing an inevitable conclusion to the archer's choice.

OOC: Not sure if Mutt, moving through the squares of allies, can also make an attack on the not-demoralized archer. If so, here's the attack roll:
Mutt bite: 1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8 (miss); 1D6+4 = [5]+4 = 9

Tuck shoots at the same archer with Manyshot:
1D20+13-4 = [9]+13-4 = 18 (hit?); 1D6+1+4 = [2]+1+4 = 7 damage
1D20+13-4 = [10]+13-4 = 19 (hit?); 1D6+1+4 = [1]+1+4 = 6 damage

37/47 hp

Neurotic

"There is nothing you can do, archer, strong-willed as you are. But are you brave or just stupid? Just surrender, you cannot do anything that will change the outcome."
Akos approaches the man looking into his eyes, words laced with magic.

Move: step up to the archer
Standard: cast command (yes, I know I provoke, but he has no melee weapon :) )
Will DC 16 to resist

I suggest either drop prone (grovel), drop the weapon (drop) or no action (halt) if he doesn't resist - spell description allows for other words that can be given as single word commands, but doesn't define the effects :(

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
1-Square adjustment to upper diagonal left (Northwest) does not provoke AoO, and provides Tim with a +2 Flanking Bonus.
Many is sitting, which is a +4 bonus to hit. (Total bonus: +6)
Greatsword attack vs. Mani while flanking with Mariana (+2 Flanking Bonus): 1D20+13 = [6]+13 = 19 Whoops, forgot +4 bonus: 19+4 = Tim hits AC 23 with the Greatsword.

Rizvan vs. Mani while flanking with Mariana, and Mani sitting (Prone) total +6 bonus: 1D20+16 = [7]+16 = 23 Tim hits AC 23 with Rizvan as well.

Tim is pulling his punches against Mani, choosing to inflict NON-LETHAL damage.

Damage With Greatsword:
Tim is applying Non-Lethal damage, using the flat of the blade, vs. Mani.: 2D6+8 = [3, 5]+8 = 16

Damage With Rizvan:
Rizvan Damage vs. Mani (Non-Lethal Damage): 1D8+7 = [6]+7 = 13

16+13 = 29 pts.

Tim takes a step to his left, to cut off any escape route that Mani might be planning. He then brings his considerable might to bear upon the creature, albeit in the interests of his capture; Tim is intent upon seeing this foul creature HANG for his crimes, or even worse, if mages are involved, magical imprisonment, which, according to things Tim has heard, is far more brutal, because of the victim's state of awareness, combined with paralysis and sensory deprivation. Tim pulls his punches, intending to render Mani unconscious.

Both blows, the flat of Tim's blade, and the center of Tim's shield, come from above, landing on the top center portion of Mani's skull; were it a full-force blow, chances are Mani's skull would burst like a ripe melon. But as it stands, Mani is having "two lumps" with his evening tea.

Mani yelps in surprise with the first blow, but falls silent with the second; as Tim intended, Mani is taking a brief nap, courtesy of a good, old-fashioned wallop.

Tim says, "Lights out, cur. You'll soon face justice at the end of a rope... or worse. Until then, have a nice nap."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Protect Akos," Tuck orders Mutt, but the dog is already on its way to the loremaster.
Mutt quickly maneuvers past the two Regulars with halberds and rushes to Akos side. He snaps at the archer but the man shifts away from the big dog's teeth.

JustinCase said:
The kobold, making sure he is not on fire from the magical attack he took only seconds ago, likewise moves forward and shoots two bolts at the archer that refuses to acknowledge his now precarious situation.

"Death, then," Tuck yells, a shrill shriek compared to Akos' seductive words, but containing an inevitable conclusion to the archer's choice.

OOC: Not sure if Mutt, moving through the squares of allies, can also make an attack on the not-demoralized archer. If so, here's the attack roll:
Mutt bite: 1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8 (miss); 1D6+4 = [5]+4 = 9

Tuck shoots at the same archer with Manyshot:
1D20+13-4 = [9]+13-4 = 18 (hit?); 1D6+1+4 = [2]+1+4 = 7 damage
1D20+13-4 = [10]+13-4 = 19 (hit?); 1D6+1+4 = [1]+1+4 = 6 damage

37/47 hp
The bolts hit the archer who was distracted by Mutt's teeth. One hits him in the chest and the other slices through the man's forearm.

1-Square adjustment to upper diagonal left (Northwest) does not provoke AoO, and provides Tim with a +2 Flanking Bonus.
Many is sitting, which is a +4 bonus to hit. (Total bonus: +6)
Greatsword attack vs. Mani while flanking with Mariana (+2 Flanking Bonus): 1D20+13 = [6]+13 = 19 Whoops, forgot +4 bonus: 19+4 = Tim hits AC 23 with the Greatsword.

Rizvan vs. Mani while flanking with Mariana, and Mani sitting (Prone) total +6 bonus: 1D20+16 = [7]+16 = 23 Tim hits AC 23 with Rizvan as well.

Tim is pulling his punches against Mani, choosing to inflict NON-LETHAL damage.

Damage With Greatsword:
Tim is applying Non-Lethal damage, using the flat of the blade, vs. Mani.: 2D6+8 = [3, 5]+8 = 16

Damage With Rizvan:
Rizvan Damage vs. Mani (Non-Lethal Damage): 1D8+7 = [6]+7 = 13

16+13 = 29 pts.

Tim takes a step to his left, to cut off any escape route that Mani might be planning. He then brings his considerable might to bear upon the creature, albeit in the interests of his capture; Tim is intent upon seeing this foul creature HANG for his crimes, or even worse, if mages are involved, magical imprisonment, which, according to things Tim has heard, is far more brutal, because of the victim's state of awareness, combined with paralysis and sensory deprivation. Tim pulls his punches, intending to render Mani unconscious.

Both blows, the flat of Tim's blade, and the center of Tim's shield, come from above, landing on the top center portion of Mani's skull; were it a full-force blow, chances are Mani's skull would burst like a ripe melon. But as it stands, Mani is having "two lumps" with his evening tea.

Mani yelps in surprise with the first blow, but falls silent with the second; as Tim intended, Mani is taking a brief nap, courtesy of a good, old-fashioned wallop.

Tim says, "Lights out, cur. You'll soon face justice at the end of a rope... or worse. Until then, have a nice nap."
The doppelganger doesn't move and is almost comically gangly laying on the cobblestone street, if he wasn't such an evil creature.

"Well, that's the end of him," Mariana says angrily. She doesn't seem to be aware that Tim didn't kill the shapechanger. She looks like she's ready to drive her sword into Mani's gut.

The halfling guard captain moves up to near Tuck and looks at the halfling. "Those aren't Elites, are they?" She looks at the uniforms the mercenaries are wearing and shakes her head. "Those uniforms aren't right."

OOC: End of Round Four

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
”Rising Swords,” Tuck confirms, not trying to hide his contempt.
"Those damn mercenaries," Herleva replies. "Here in Old City! Running rampant!" She shakes here head. "I knew that they had infiltrated other parts of Bluffside, but for them to have the gall to show their faces in Old City... the Undercity, I could understand."

Vinccenzo does a quick assessment of the situation and decides to check on Odhran. The man's scream left little hope but perhaps he wasn't truly dead. The Sectarian Guard bends down and turns the guard over. The man's face is frozen in pain and blood is coming out of his ears, nose, and mouth. There is little doubt.

"Damn it," he curses. "There is nothing we can do for him."

"There will be time to mourn him later," Breva says. The paladin moves forward to cover the other archer still under the sway of Akos' intimidation. He watches the Loemaster's back to make sure the villains don't try to flank the loremaster. "You will surrender or perish," the paladin says to the archer. He takes a second to call upon the will of the Purifier to heal himself. He keeps his sword trained on the archer. He notes the man... no, woman has a blade on her hip.

OOC: Breva moves 20 feet. I can't see him attacking a foe that is frozen in fear, so I'll have him use lay on hands to heal himself. I believe his Charisma is still done by two, so Breva gains back 8 hit points. That means he's now only down 12 hps from his full health.

"There is nothing you can do, archer, strong-willed as you are. But are you brave or just stupid? Just surrender, you cannot do anything that will change the outcome."
Akos approaches the man looking into his eyes, words laced with magic.

Move: step up to the archer
Standard: cast command (yes, I know I provoke, but he has no melee weapon :) )
Will DC 16 to resist

I suggest either drop prone (grovel), drop the weapon (drop) or no action (halt) if he doesn't resist - spell description allows for other words that can be given as single word commands, but doesn't define the effects :(
"Be careful Akos," Breva warns. "This one has a sword and so might he."

The archer senses Akos' attempt to invade his mind with magic but he easily shrugs off the loremaster's spell. "You should not have within reach of my blade!"

OOC: Rising Swords Archer - Will Save: 1D20+2 = [20]+2 = 22

The mercenary standing near the Regular named Roland snaps of the blinding fear and notes the Regulars with halberds standing in front of him. "Damn," he gulps. He steps back from the polearm wielding guards and lashes out at Roland with his longsword. He comes close to skewering the Regular, but his hands shake as he continues to fight. He manages to slice Roland's arm with his second blow but it isn't a deadly blow.

"Roland," Herleva notes with concern.

"I'm fine."

The other mercenary already fleeing takes off towards the Gate of Scales, now running with speed.

"Let him go," Herleva orders. "Capture the others!"

The evil cleric comes out of his stupor and looks at Akos with both disdain and fear. He notes Breva's position and decides not to engage the paladin. He steps away from Akos and then back towards the archer, ends his darkfire spell, and readies his spiked club from his belt. "If you run, I'll kill you myself," he says in a low voice to the male archer. "Keep fighting!" He orders the other mercenaries in a loud voice. "The Rising Swords do not surrender!"

The two halberd-wielding Regulars move and strike out in unison at the mercenary who backed up and attacked Roland. One of them scores a hit but it is only a glancing blow. The second strike scrapes the cobblestones.

Mariana's eyes are wide with fury and she moves to slit the doppelganger's throat.

"Mariana, don't!" Vinccenzo tries to order her to stop. "You can't kill an unconscious prisoner!"

She doesn't seem to hear the Sectarian Guard. Nor the order from Herleva that rings out a moment later.

OOC: @Tellerian Hawke, it's at this point that Tim can try to stop her with his full-round action, as she is trying to perform a coup de grace. Mariana's initiative will move to 9 even if Tim is successful.

Neurotic

OOC: @Knightfall Not sure if this is too much for speech as a free action, so feel free do split it with the next round. If the priest thinks on casting on Akos, don't forget SR 16 :D
Also, this is a rumor and disinformation - Akos is harmed by cold iron, not silver...but who will know? :D
For the next round, step back and blast. Enough with soft approach.

Looking in surprise at the resistant Rising sword Akos nods in all seriousnes.
"You really are something. You should ignore that bumbling fool behind you and join The Five in trying to control this menace. A man of your obvious talent dying just for some motto? Right! And your pigstickers cannot harm one touched by the Court of the Moon..." Akos motions to his own silver weapon. "This is the only thing that works, and I carry it to remind myself of the danger of complacency. It would be softer touch for you, weaker than iron. But if you survive, ask around what substance harms Children of the Moon the most."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases