Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [IC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Falen:
The magical knife reappeared in Falen’s hand after his attack, and in a seamless motion he sheaths it. The magic drawn out of the knife, and magical spells from the others clearly having limitations, he draws his sword and runs to attack the gargoyle, overshooting him by five feet and turning to strike the creature from the back.

OOC: DM please run damage.
OOC:
You mixed the links to hit with enworld "root" - these should show properly
AustThale37: Critical Threat
AustThale37: Confirm Critical
The slowed golem cannot react to Falen's movement past it, and the half-hobgoblin unseen seer finds a chink in the golem's defenses. Normally, such a construct would be immune to such a strike, but Falen training with Max has taught him that almost anything can be damaged if you hit it in just the right spot. He manages to pierce the gargoyle golem in the neck and make a small cut that undoes some of the construct's stitching.

OOC:
It looks like you didn't add the +2 for flanking, so your attacks are +28 and +22, respectively. That makes Falen's attack a critical hit. Since Falen has the Penetrating Strike ACF, he adds half his sneak attack damage to the roll. For, Falen, that would be 1d6 since his normal sneak attack damage is 3d6.

So...
Falen - Penetrating Strike damage with mwk short sword: 1D6+1D6 = [6]+[1] = 7

I don't think he actually gets the extra critical hit damage (another 1d6), just the penetrating strike damage.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
[for next turn] draws rapier [as part of a move actions] casts haste and advances to be within attack range.
Vinny puts himself across from Akos to flank the golem. The slowed construct is nearly surrounded on all sides, as long as it doesn't take to the air.

OOC: Since Vinny and Tuck have the same Initiative, I figured I'd move your PC forward into melee range. We'll say that Tuck throws his vial of acid before Vinny moves forward, however. ;)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Moving forward carefully, Tuck looks for a weak spot in the golems armor, then quickly tries to place the vial of acid in a seam.

"Hit it!" he yells to the others, hoping the acid will only burn the golem and not all of them...

OOC: Move 20 feet, place the vial on (in?) the golem. Not sure if I should roll for that, or what.

Perhaps a touch attack?
touch attack: 1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19
OOC: We'll say that Tuck throws his vial of acid
piratecaptain.jpg

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Moving forward carefully, Tuck looks for a weak spot in the golems armor, then quickly tries to place the vial of acid in a seam.

"Hit it!" he yells to the others, hoping the acid will only burn the golem and not all of them...

OOC: Move 20 feet, place the vial on (in?) the golem. Not sure if I should roll for that, or what.

Perhaps a touch attack?
touch attack: 1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19
Tuck manages to find a spot where the golem's armor was damaged by one of Tim's sword strikes and he 'tucks' the vial of acid into the opening. However, the golem notices Tuck's presence and slashes out with its clawed hand. The strike cuts a wound across the kobold's shoulder.

OOC:
I'm okay with the touch attack, but the golem gets an AoO, which uses up its action for the round since it is slowed. note that Tuck only had to take a 5 ft. step to move next to the golem.

Gargoyle Golem - AoO vs Tuck: 1D20+9 = [12]+9 = 21
1D4+5 = [2]+5 = 7
(hit)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Akos uses the opportunity provided by Tuck to duck through the thick of things and leave the chaos behind him. He turns and targets Tuck with a healing blast to undo monsters damage, but somehow manages to fumble the movements of te spell, catching his fingers into his wide sleeves swinging from the sudden turn.

The blast fizzles around his hands never materializing.

OOC: Two terrible rolls :(
Move: 'north' max move (should end up two squares 'above' Vinny
Healing blast vs Tuck touch: 1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5
Healing blast vs Tuck touch: 2D6 = [1, 3] = 4

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Tim slashes out at the golem with his blade but the tight quarters nearly causes him to lose his blade after clanging it off the floor where Akos was standing a moment before. He rights himself and swings again, and the blade slices a deep gash through a section of the golem's wing.

Castallana moves in behind Tim.

OOC: It turns out that Tim's second strike is a hit. I forgot that the golem's AC is two less due to being slowed.

Last edited:

Remove ads