D&D 5E L&L: new playtest packet 10/15, Druid update

jrowland

First Post
I am happy with the increased role of shapeshifting in the druid; the more I've thought about it the more I feel that it's what makes the druid not a cleric. If the druid isn't primarily a shapeshifter why not just have a nature-domain cleric and call it a day?

I don't disagree with you. One other thing druids have that is distinct is the strong tie to the natural order. Its not a strong mechanical (ie conflict resolution) distinction, but if its good enough for rangers, it is good enough for Druids. All without wildshape.

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
I don't disagree with you. One other thing druids have that is distinct is the strong tie to the natural order. Its not a strong mechanical (ie conflict resolution) distinction, but if its good enough for rangers, it is good enough for Druids. All without wildshape.

As I said in this thread, I don't actually think it is good enough for rangers. I tend to think the rangers' survivalist abilities would be better suited to a feat track that can supplement multiple classes, rather than isolated in their own class.

I agree that druid subclasses should be tied to biomes, but that should be translated through their list of available wild shapes rather than as wilderness tracking and stealth abilities. A druid doesn't need to be able to survive in their biome as a human; they hunt or forage as animals.

Remove ads