L1: Strange Doings (Erekose13 Judging)

Ximix

First Post
OOC sorry about that, on with a friends' account, will repost with proper login

Ximix will conclude his dealings with Juliana and catch up with the group, asking directions to the area Rich mentioned earlier if necessary.

As to the order of investigation, the priest has no problems with the ideas presented. He will inform the group that his current prayers include mending if anyone has need of minor repairs and a Shield of Faith he can grant to two melee fighters for about one minute - should the need arise.

As they travel Ximix will further reveal that his usual tactic in combat is to proved bow support and use spells such as Command and Fear to disrupt the enemy ranks. If needbe he can use his sword and shield... he's just not a front line fighter.

"Who among us shall take command in battle?" The Elf asks along the way. "In the ruined city of Rivenblight the only way to survive the constant conflict was to stay organized and focussed in battle. If we concentrate our talents we will be more potent than if each chooses targets randomly for themselves." He pauses, recalling something then continues, "I have seen very little combat to be quite honest. I have however seen what makes a unit come back whole and what does not. So, this is why I ask, who shall direct in combat?"

Ximix

First Post
corcio said:
Listening to Ximix speak, Manon cant help but wonder what sort of situations the elf has previously encountered. "What the blazing hell elf, we are going to investigate some simple nuisance on a farm. I dont think we will be needing battle orders to fight demons here and there. However, if it should come to pass that we are faced with...unpleasantries... I myself find that sneaking up on a foe unexpected is the fastest way to end a fight. So personally i have no problem about stabbing someone when they arent looking, its theyre own fault for not being more cautious. But if openly confronted i suppose im not a bad shot with my little crossbow here and i think i am capable of handling a sword well enough." manon states confidently.

" 'the blazing hells' have nothing to do with it Manon. Look about you. We are a militant unit. We bear weapons, we go to investigate one brutal death and another, while not brutal, equally fatal. Preparedness is neither impulsive nor rash, quite the opposite actually." Again Ximix seems to get that far-away look to him, then he cocks an eye to the other two companions and continues, " Manon is a rogue, his role is noted. He shall not likely direct if he wishes to gain surprise. What of you?"

corcio

First Post
ooc- sorry had time to chime in once more before i leave for the weekend :p and i believe you mean 1 death.....not 2

"well to be perfectly honest i myself have not seen too much actual combat. i prefer to stay out of fights if i can help it. but i suppose i have seen my fair share of disputes with some local thugs that much is true. as for directing, i think i could come up with some strategies. if i have time to plan accordingly."

LiquidBlue

First Post
A cow, quite savaged

An anxious Rich Gorth leads you to the group of farms, directly to where the dead cow was found. "We don't eat the meat of animals that have been killed by predators." He stops then ponts out a figure in a tree ahead. "That should be Sven Nam." Rich looks at each of the adventurers and continues, "Look, I don't expect that examing the cow and its location will be a particularly pleasant task. It has been three days since it was killed. It has not been particularly noxious up to this point, but I am sure that it will have started to become unpleasant. We left the cow where we found it because we hoped that whatever had killed it would return, that is why Sven is currently watching from the tree."

"Normally, we wouldn't leave it out like this, but we had hoped to resolve this matter ourselves, and we thought whatever had killed it would return. You see, though horribly savaged, it does not appears that any part of it was actually eaten. Oddly enough, nothing else has tried to eat it either, well, besides insects. Come on."

Rich leads you around the stand of trees, then through a narrow opening in a fence. You smell a hint of the unmistakable odor of rotting meat. You see the cow has numerous slashs on its body, the head having been particularly singled out.

"Be careful; let me show you something." Rich then points out a bald spot of ground where an impression of a distinctly humanoid foot can be seen.

OOC: Ximix, could you explicitly list the spells that Ximix has prepared. I really like the in character method you used to inform the other characters of his capabilities, but I'll need to have the spells prepared listed.

I would like to congradulate all of you for the in character interactions that have been going on. Keep up the good work.

corcio

First Post
"That does seem strange that nothing else wouldve eaten the remains. perhaps it is diseased... we should burn the body as soon as we are done with it. Hmmm, now about the tracks... does anyone recognize what made them?" Manon asks flatly pointing at the track

ooc- Can we identify the track is it goblin or human or what? also im going to look around and see if anyone else is hiding around the area somewhere besides sven!

and i see i havent missed much...thats cool.

corcio

First Post
ooc- unless we discover something interesting here then i say we check out the area were they found tey and then speak to him directly

JonnyFive

First Post
"I have no skill for that, my appologies." Razin will comment as he goes to look at the mangled cow. Drawing his longsword, he will poke at the cow, trying to determin how it was killed, if by blade or by teeth.

JonnyFive

First Post
ooc- for IC in the future put the die as 1d20+x, where x is the skill modifyer. also notes are a good thing in case you need to go look em up for some reason :p

Remove ads